Page 8 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    I don't necessarily want to dive into a debate; however, I am not sure what Marcus said was the controversial?

Matt gets to keep his mask on and his identity secret so the fact that he was charged with manslaughter does really affect Matt Murdock, just "Daredevil". The moment he walks out of prison and takes his mask off his "normal" life is not affected one bit. For Marcus, he doesn't have that luxury.

Also, Matt got 2 years for pleading guilty to manslaughter whereas Marcus got 3 years for drug possession. Marcus is also a person of color. It is really not debatable that there is inequity in the US criminal justice system particularly when it comes to the war on drugs, minorities, socio-economic status and the sentencing that goes along with it. Add to the fact that Matt had one of, if not the best lawyer in NYC defending him in Foggy Nelson (and Kirsten being an exceptional attorney as well); whereas, Macrus likely had a public defender. I also understand why Marcus thinks that Matt will get out early because of who he is.

Last thing I will say is that comics have always been a place for social/political commentary so this kind of thing really isn't anything new; Claremont's X-Men (particularly God Loves, Man Kills), Watchmen, V for Vendetta, early Iron Man, Nocenti's Daredevil run just to name a few. And while I don't necessarily like when it is shoehorned into the story (like it was at time during Nocenti's run), when it fits the story it can create a powerful narrative. And I think here it very much fits. In Matt's mind him going to prison and serving the sentence is paying for the crime he committed, what this interaction shows is that he may not be paying for it as much as he thinks. Also, Matt is a lawyer, spending much of his career as a defense attorney, I think this could be a good experience for him to further understand the inequities in the world and fight to improve it both as Daredevil and Matt Murdock the lawyer.
    Agreed on all points.

10 characters.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAREDEVIL #25 3rd Printing CHECCHETTO Variant:

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'd prefer if we got any of Brubaker's old collaborator's back in here, we should get Michael Lark, personally. It might be a nice throwback to the first time Matt was in prison, too!
    I’m always hoping Brubaker and Lark will come back for an anniversary or milestone issue. Waid and Samnee/Rivera too.

I would love to see Lee Weeks back on art duties on Daredevil after Checchetto.

Jorge Fornes or David Aja as the main artist would be incredible. Actually, since Aja doesn’t seem to be able to maintain a monthly schedule based his Hawkeye run him paired with Fornes would be perfection.

Daredevil by Alex Maleev

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'd prefer if we got any of Brubaker's old collaborator's back in here, we should get Michael Lark, personally. It might be a nice throwback to the first time Matt was in prison, too!
    Agreed. The team of Brubaker/Lark created one of my all-time favorite cliffhanger/endings in comic book history...

https://www.cbr.com/daredevil-elektr...nitiative/amp/

New charity art of DD and Elektra by Miller and Jansen.

Although I wouldn't have high expectations, I would be very interested to see a new one off mini series by Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post

Although I wouldn't have high expectations, I would be very interested to see a new one off mini series by Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Thanks! For some reason, I couldn't upload it via my phone so i had to settle for the url unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post

While I appreciate and treasure the work that Miller did on Daredevil and how he shaped what Matt is today, I want him no where near Daredevil today. I'm terrified we would get a Daredevil version of All-Star Batman and Robin...

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    While I appreciate and treasure the work that Miller did on Daredevil and how he shaped what Matt is today, I want him no where near Daredevil today. I'm terrified we would get a Daredevil version of All-Star Batman and Robin...
    To be honest that's what interests me... an (out of continuity) train wreck would be quite fun to behold

Daredevil sketch cover commission by Eranga D:

Daredevil Yellow by Alex Maleev:

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    How do you guys think Matt will get out of prison early this time? Surely not another prison break, right? Presuming he won’t actually spend two years real time in prison I think it would actually be bold and definitely help further differentiate this stint from the last time he was incarcerated. Plus, the more of Checchettos Elektra and her DD outfit the better!
    My guess:
    Something (The Hand/Fist) either forces Matt or one of his allies (Eletrka) to cash in some favors to get Matt out of prison legally. Probably via a pardon or legal loophole or something.

The Hand/Fist thing might be the reason Zdarsky retroactively established Mike Murdock into the mythos too.