Page 9 of 162 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    My guess:
    Something (The Hand/Fist) either forces Matt or one of his allies (Eletrka) to cash in some favors to get Matt out of prison legally. Probably via a pardon or legal loophole or something.

The Hand/Fist thing might be the reason Zdarsky retroactively established Mike Murdock into the mythos too.
    Care to elaborate?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Reading through various Marvel comics and came across a 2-page appearance of Daredevil in Deadpool (2018) #9. Below is a double page spread top tier by Nic Klein:

A minor appearance for DD. Jessica Jones is recruited by DP to locate his missing heart (literally) and Jessica asks Daredevil if he can hear it beating in the city.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    I’d have to find the issue it was introduced to verify, but I remember it being mentioned one of them (Matt or Electra) had to die. Since Mike is Matt’s twin brother, I could see him being used to pull off the good ole switch and swap to sacrifice himself in Matt’s place.

I’d have to find the issue it was introduced to verify, but I remember it being mentioned one of them (Matt or Electra) had to die. Since Mike is Matt’s twin brother, I could see him being used to pull off the good ole switch and swap to sacrifice himself in Matt’s place.
    Hmmm...Mike does care for Matt, sure, but would he do that, though? Seems unlikely for his character especially if he doesn’t know Matt is DD.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Hmmm...Mike does care for Matt, sure, but would he do that, though? Seems unlikely for his character especially if he doesn’t know Matt is DD.
    Maybe not right now but there’s still plenty of time to get him there if that’s what Zdarsky is doing (which he might not be, my guess is more of a shot in the dark than anything else so I could be completely wrong).

Maybe not right now but there’s still plenty of time to get him there if that’s what Zdarsky is doing (which he might not be, my guess is more of a shot in the dark than anything else so I could be completely wrong).
    You could be on to something. This could be an appropriate exit window for Mike. Personally, I just want him out for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    You could be on to something. This could be an appropriate exit window for Mike. Personally, I just want him out for good.
    Yep. Assuming Zdarsky surely has some payoff for bringing him back.

Yep. Assuming Zdarsky surely has some payoff for bringing him back.
    It was actually Soule who brought him back in that last arc of his (which I wasn't a fan of, the rest of Soule's run, however, was great). Zdarsky is utilising him and hopefully giving him closure.

It was actually Soule who brought him back in that last arc of his (which I wasn't a fan of, the rest of Soule's run, however, was great). Zdarsky is utilising him and hopefully giving him closure.
    Right. I meant Zdarsky brought him back into play after that.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-03-2021 at 01:16 PM.

I’m must say I was apprehensive that Zdarsky apparently likes the Nocenti run and may even take, if hasn’t already, inspiration from it as the KiB tie being an unfortunate example of that since Nocentis run was pulled into tie in as well. I don’t think he had to as much he wanted to have DD take part. Too bad. I get that DD will get attention it otherwise wouldn’t have by taking part in that mess and that’s good, but it’s at the cost of the story which i don’t know is worth it even if for only two issue. But it is only two issues, thankfully. I’m just waking for it be over so we can resume the story he was telling.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-03-2021 at 01:39 PM.

To those hold Born Again in high reverence, does anyone care to answer why Matt went insane after his house blew despite knowing who was responsible? And why after rescuing Karen he goes about his day as someone who isn’t impaired? He’s not worried about anyone being suspicious later on when he resumes his work as a lawyer or even those who know him personally like Foggy who he bumps into twice later on in the church?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-03-2021 at 10:58 PM.

Right. I meant Zdarsky brought him back into play after that.
    Yes, I suppose someone had to at some point as Mike would have been lingering around anyway waiting for an opportunity to unpleasantly surprise us. In a sense, we know where we stand as we have him before us. Let's hope not for long.

I’m must say I was apprehensive that Zdarsky apparently likes the Nocenti run and may even take, if hasn’t already, inspiration from it as the KiB tie being an unfortunate example of that since Nocentis run was pulled into tie in as well. I don’t think he had to as much he wanted to have DD take part. Too bad. I get that DD will get attention it otherwise wouldn’t have by taking part in that mess and that’s good, but it’s at the cost of the story which i don’t know is worth it even if for only two issue. But it is only two issues, thankfully. I’m just waking for it be over so we can resume the story he was telling.
    Let's hope that the KiB is in fact only 2 issues and there will be no repurcussions later. However, saying that, I've been reading through the start of Cates Venom run, and it's stated that whoever at any point has the symbiote will always have some trace of it in their system going forward which does not bode well. Unless, Dr Strange and/or Reed Richards or someone of that calibre will figure out a way of dissipating it permanently.

Incredible Member

Yeah I am really not interested at all in this symbiote nonsense to be honest.

Yes, I suppose someone had to at some point as Mike would have been lingering around anyway waiting for an opportunity to unpleasantly surprise us. In a sense, we know where we stand as we have him before us. Let's hope not for long.

Let's hope that the KiB is in fact only 2 issues and there will be no repurcussions later. However, saying that, I've been reading through the start of Cates Venom run, and it's stated that whoever at any point has the symbiote will always have some trace of it in their system going forward which does not bode well. Unless, Dr Strange and/or Reed Richards or someone of that calibre will figure out a way of dissipating it permanently.
    The symbiont possession leaving a trace has to be an exclusively Venom comic thing maybe to set up something later on there? I’m wishing the next issue will be end to all the KiB nonsense and there is nothing to be revisited.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-04-2021 at 08:01 AM.

To those hold Born Again in high reverence, does anyone care to answer why Matt went insane after his house blew despite knowing who was responsible? And why after rescuing Karen he goes about his day as someone who isn’t impaired? He’s not worried about anyone being suspicious later on when he resumes his work as a lawyer or even those who know him personally like Foggy who he bumps into twice later on in the church?
    I think the idea was that Matt was already going crazy and that was the "straw that broke the camel's back". I think about the panels earlier in the issue with the Kingpin describing Matt losing it and just trashing about with no caution or strategy desperate for any information. For example, when Matt was at the bar as Daredevil looking for information no one had anything of value. The idea is that the Kingpin was so calculated about everything and hit Matt from every single angle imaginable. What is brilliant about the story is that over the course of the issues as Matt starts to rise from the ashes the Kingpin begins to become more and more unhinged.

As for Matt operating as if he isn't blind, I am not sure if it is ever specifically addressed (and if it has been someone please share); however, my theory, is that Miller wanted to breakdown Matt to the core of who he is and throw out everything that didn't work. You mention him going back to being a lawyer, I do know for a fact that Miller did not like the lawyer/vigilante concept, hence why he had him disbarred in Born Again. I am not sure if Matt not acting as if he is blind was part of that as well. The biggest irony of Born Again is that I think Miller's intention was to do a complete restart of the character (or provide a fitting ending to the character) where other writers could do new things and instead many writers have chosen to do their own version of Born Again in many instances.

Not sure if that answers all of your questions; however, I am definitely someone that believes BA is the greatest story in comics.