Page 98 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2426

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Nice deal.
    It’s pretty cool. Makes sure we support Matt.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    It’s pretty cool. Makes sure we support Matt.
    Yes!!
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Mighty Member

I feel that Daredevil ending on issue 36 is pretty bad timing. It should be around issue 38 because the last time the book relaunched. It was around issue 612. If we count the issue onward from Chip's Daredevil to the latest issue 36 combines. It was only issue 648 should be 38 just in time for the extra anniversary issue.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It's being reported that in the MCU spoilers:
    in She-Hulk Cox will be wearing the yellow Daredevil suit as a way to make it clear he's not the Netflix version. Between that and the stuff Patton Oswalt as aid about which characters the MODOK series was told they couldn't use, it sounds like we'll see a classic Daredevil v Stilt-Man fight in She-Hulk.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I feel that Daredevil ending on issue 36 is pretty bad timing. It should be around issue 38 because the last time the book relaunched. It was around issue 612. If we count the issue onward from Chip's Daredevil to the latest issue 36 combines. It was only issue 648 should be 38 just in time for the extra anniversary issue.
    They’re aware of that and apparently have something in store for issue 650.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    in She-Hulk Cox will be wearing the yellow Daredevil suit as a way to make it clear he's not the Netflix version. Between that and the stuff Patton Oswalt as aid about which characters the MODOK series was told they couldn't use, it sounds like we'll see a classic Daredevil v Stilt-Man fight in She-Hulk.
    end of spoilers
    That doesn’t sound great.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

That doesn’t sound great.
    I dunno, the idea sounds solid enough that I can see it working if executed well. Plus, honestly, it does seem like the most clear cut way to address the elephant in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I dunno, the idea sounds solid enough that I can see it working if executed well. Plus, honestly, it does seem like the most clear cut way to address the elephant in the room.
    Granted this is DisneyPlus and not Netflix, but the latter could not make the red costume work in live action. It was awful with exception to the mask they changed in season 2. The yellow costume is laughable as is. I don’t think it’ll translate well from page to screen at all.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Granted this is DisneyPlus and not Netflix, but the latter could not make the red costume work in live action. It was awful with exception to the mask they changed in season 2. The yellow costume is laughable as is. I don’t think it’ll translate well from page to screen at all.
    Netflix’s red costume was, admittedly, rough but I don’t think their failure to adapt Daredevil’s costume means it can’t be done plus Marvel has a fairly solid track record at bringing these costumes to life so I’m willing to give it a chance. Plus, I see it a more as a trial run for his real suit opposed to being the final product.

Kind of like Falcon’s Cap suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Netflix’s red costume was, admittedly, rough but I don’t think their failure to adapt Daredevil’s costume means it can’t be done plus Marvel has a fairly solid track record at bringing these costumes to life so I’m willing to give it a chance. Plus, I see it a more as a trial run for his real suit opposed to being the final product.

Kind of like Falcon’s Cap suit.
    Based on Marvels track record for adapting costumes, the first one won’t be great. Maybe the second try will be decent. Perhaps the third try will warrant some praise. Falcon’s Cap suit is the latest example of this giving how utterly ridiculous it was which is not to say that design worked on the page either. It wasn’t a good costume to begin with and neither is the yellow suit. I don’t think it’ll work at all especially on the first attempt assuming it’ll just be used once which I think and hope will be the case if they are indeed going to use it.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I don't see how Sam's Cap suit is any more ridiculous than Steve's. Especially the Avengers suit.

I don't see how Sam's Cap suit is any more ridiculous than Steve's. Especially the Avengers suit.
    Steve’s costume in The Avengers is awful as is Sam’s in Falcon and WS. However, by the time of Endgame Steve’s costume was awesome. So maybe by his next appearance Sam’s costume will improve as did Steve’s with every subsequent movie. Hopefully the same can be said for whatever they do with the DD costume.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-05-2021 at 12:49 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

end of spoilers
    As with all DD rumors, I'll believe it when I see it. Even though Matt can't.

Mighty Member

You and I never agree on anything. I thought the S2, reworked suit from Netflix was really good. I didn't like the initial attempt, but the second one was really close. It needed a third iteration, certainly. It wasn't perfect by any means. But it was right in the vicinity.

Though I suspect you're going to be right about the yellow suit. It's really, really difficult to imagine a way to put that on screen that won't look hideous. But I suppose we'll wait and see. I absolutely hated the first leaked pics of the Moon Knight suit, and now I'm rapidly coming around on that. Maybe Marvel can keep the momentum rolling.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Daredevil Yellow by Mike Mitchell: