Quote Originally Posted by lunarmagik View Post
That's kind of my point. It's like she's doing the stuff, apparently, but she never commits. I mean even if she did, a lot of gay people think they like people of the opposite gender when they are younger(like Bobby).

I suppose we would need to see her responding to a woman flirting with her. Also, i don't think you need to disclose your sexuality everyone someone flirts at you, shutting them down is more than enough.
Sure thing. Like most things about Magik, her relationship with Kitty is up to different interpretations. For example, when Kitty danced with Larry and Illyana was dismissive about it - was she jealous, or envious? Or was it just "she's my only friend, don't want some guy taking her away" platonic jealousy?
From writing perspective, Illyana is a character whose appeal is partly based on aura of mystery around her. Showing her in a relationship would force her to expose her inner self, which she in-character seems unwilling to do, and on meta level, writers are unwilling to do too. So keeping her single works on both levels.