Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    No, you and others are just implying that both Illyana's are the same when they are not.
    Nah, we're just implying that ANY Illyana can become Dr. Strange.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Nah, we're just implying that ANY Illyana can become Dr. Strange.
    Sorry, Don't think *ANY* Illyana would be interested in a sex change operation to become an old geezer.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 09-17-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Where did that happen?

It'd be sad to see Magik distance herself from the X-Men (for the reasons listed by you) but her character does have potential to do well outside the X-titles and carry her own solo.
    Cable #11 right after the Old Man returns. He gets her to teleport him to the demon realm where Stryfe was. She remarks that it's just like Limbo and he tells her she's welcome to keep it when he's done with Stryfe.

Attachment 113905

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I see it. Magik has Wolverine/Deadpool/Storm potential where she can exists out the X-office!

Also, the New Mutants finale claims the team will face a magical challenge going into the new relaunch. And the Dr. Strange finale does oddly include an X-tie in, so I do think it really might be Magik!
    Well, Deadpool is outside the X Office because he's not a mutant. And Wolverine's book is in the Office and apparently the big lead into post Hickman X Men

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    She didn't give up being Lord of Limbo in the What If? She never actually managed to be it due to feeling before confronting Belasco.

It's up in the air if she takes on the mantle after the fact. But she does become the Sorcerer Supreme proper of the Universe in the Sequel Dr. Strange The End
    Huh?I should re-read it.

I guess better question is would she want too?Or does she have too?

Like if Strange says it has to be her, she would do it but does she want to do it.And how does that effect Krakoa.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Huh?I should re-read it.

I guess better question is would she want too?Or does she have too?

Like if Strange says it has to be her, she would do it but does she want to do it.And how does that effect Krakoa.
    That's not really the question. The question really is "Would the other magical beings and users accept Illyana in the role,and would she even want to deal with the grief involved with it either way?

Incredible Member

I think a lot about events in the 'Magik: Illyana and Storm' miniseries, versus this other timeline of the Soulstaff and apprenticing to Doctor Strange rather than joining The New Mutants.

One thing I realized recently is that 'Soulsword' can be broken into not just the obvious 'Soul-Sword' but also Soul's-Word, drawing attention back to whether Illyana's deepest nature is to be the Elder Gods' Gateway, fated to be a Weapon, or simply being herself, kind of the Conceptual Being of Autonomy versus being defined by others who would use her for their own purposes, even including Cat and Old Woman Storm for that matter, each of whom had their own agendas for her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    That's not really the question. The question really is "Would the other magical beings and users accept Illyana in the role,and would she even want to deal with the grief involved with it either way?
    1)w/ her past and roots I don't think so.Hopefully they explore that.Darkchild and ruler of limbo as sorcerer supreme sounds dangerous af.
    2)Probably not, although I doubt she will get a choice

Extraordinary Member

Anyone who would become sorcerer supreme would face opposition from those who wanted the position for themselves. Illyana commands enough respect in the magical community now that she shouldn't face more opposition than any other candidate. Respect is the factor that matters most in this case.

In terms of whether she wants it, if she did she would have pursued that path instead of staying with Cyclops, Storm, and now Krakoa. She could have worked with Strange so closely as to become his heir apparent. She didn't do that. The mutant cause was more important to her. If she pursues that path now, it will be because something changed that makes her feel the choice is no longer hers to make.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Anyone who would become sorcerer supreme would face opposition from those who wanted the position for themselves. Illyana commands enough respect in the magical community now that she shouldn't face more opposition than any other candidate. Respect is the factor that matters most in this case.

In terms of whether she wants it, if she did she would have pursued that path instead of staying with Cyclops, Storm, and now Krakoa. She could have worked with Strange so closely as to become his heir apparent. She didn't do that. The mutant cause was more important to her. If she pursues that path now, it will be because something changed that makes her feel the choice is no longer hers to make.
    1)It's not the opposition because of Jealousy thing.She's the ruler of limbo, and Darkchylde and has done dark stuff more than once.It's more giving more power and a prominent position to someone w/ a lot of Darkness in them.

2)Agreed

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    1)It's not the opposition because of Jealousy thing.She's the ruler of limbo, and Darkchylde and has done dark stuff more than once.It's more giving more power and a prominent position to someone w/ a lot of Darkness in them.

2)Agreed
    I don't think it's that big a deal for the mystic community. Having a demonic side isn't so uncommon and there have been sorcerers supreme who have had such dark sides in the past. Kushala the 'Demon Rider' was sorcerer supreme in the 1800s while being possessed by a demonic spirit of vengeance and after having killed a lot of people with her demonic power. Respect goes a long way in the mystic community. One of the main reasons people insisted Illyana didn't create the soul sword in the 90s was because she had no respect. Her fellow mystics couldn't accept that a half-trained teenage girl could have forged a weapon like that and so assumed that she just found it and lied when she claimed to have created it. Now no one is making the claim that the sword has almost nothing to do with Illyana because she has gained the respect she never had before. It longer seems outlandish for her to have forged the sword.

Ultimately, the decision doesn't rest with the mystic community. It rests with the Vishanti. I'm not sure how much the Vishanti's chosen candidate can refuse or how much say the outgoing sorcerer supreme has, but both seem to be taken into account. That leaves more room for there to be opposition in the magical community to her, which is just more fodder for stories. But in a story dealing with magical opposition to her as the new sorcerer supreme, that opposition is more likely to be due to her age and relative inexperience rather than her darker side and involve her gaining the respect of the person opposing her rather than proving anything about the Darkchild or Limbo.

Extraordinary Member

Inferno variant cover

Inferno variant cover

This feels right.

Extraordinary Member

After today's issue of Inferno I feel Illyana's chances of becoming sorcerer supreme of earth have gone up. Given that she's done so much more than Bishop and has had a better working relationship with Cyclops these last 2 years, promoting Bishop over her makes the most sense if she's leaving the X-books soon.

After today's issue of Inferno I feel Illyana's chances of becoming sorcerer supreme of earth have gone up. Given that she's done so much more than Bishop and has had a better working relationship with Cyclops these last 2 years, promoting Bishop over her makes the most sense if she's leaving the X-books soon.
    I had the same thought. I was like well, this doesn't make sense unless...