Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

The solicit for today's New Mutants is a lie. Magik doesn't make any enemies and doesn't get so much as a mention, let alone an appearance.

Mighty Member

So Magik appears the latest issue of Curse of The Man-Thing.

spoilers:
    It was revealed that Man-thing wasn't just created by Happenstance of Super-serum + Swamp. But that Ted Sallis made a deal with a Devil... a devil of Limbo, however, Limbo is under new management.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Is she more powerful than Wanda? Isn’t Wanda almost a demigod in her power level.

Incredible Member

I think it looks better in the Planet Sized cover, This flat image looks less elegant and more like a battle getup.

Seems Illyana is bucking the trend of people showing much more skin than usual at the Gala. I think I'd prefer this as her main uniform minus the floating horns.
    Makes her look a bit like a like Bucky in Falcon & The Winter soldier in that it’s a bit pedestrian especially without the floaty horns.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Is she more powerful than Wanda? Isn’t Wanda almost a demigod in her power level.
    Illyana's 'class' is Strange, Mephisto, Dormammu, ect. Wanda is frequently placed far above that and can basically mess up the multiverse by sneezing - unless they've done something to bring her powers back down to earth that I'm not aware of. Only someone like Franklin Richards is more powerful than Wanda at her peak.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

My first time drawing our little snowflake.

Attachment 109231

Extraordinary Member

So Illyana is confirmed to be no older than 20 and possibly younger.

In X-Men Curse of the Man-Thing there are parts I like, parts I think could have been better, and one part I really dislike.

Astonishing Member

In X-Men Curse of the Man-Thing there are parts I like, parts I think could have been better, and one part I really dislike.
    Do any of the Dark Riders get stupidly killed, despite all previous heros getting through the encounter unharmed?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Do any of the Dark Riders get stupidly killed, despite all previous heros getting through the encounter unharmed?
    spoilers:
    No. Everyone is fine at the end. The DR never even seem to be in any real danger.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    No. Everyone is fine at the end. The DR never even seem to be in any real danger.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for the info.

Elaboration? Quite curious

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Elaboration? Quite curious
    About which part? Her age or the things I like/dislike?

Extraordinary Member

About which part? Her age or the things I like/dislike?
    Both.If you could?

Extraordinary Member

For her age:

spoilers:
    After Illyana is pulled into Man-Thing's mind Ted complains that now he has to deal with a 'smug teenager' in addition to being stuck in his worst nightmare, to which Illyana responds that she's almost old enough to rent a car. In the US and Russia the minimum age to rent a car is 21, so she's under 21. She apparently looks like a teenager and never denies being one - talking about renting a car was a way of segwaying into talking about contracts and fine-print - so I'm inclined to believe she's 18-19, but she could be 20.
    end of spoilers
    She also spoilers:
    seems to want to make out with Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider, who I'm pretty sure is supposed to be in his late teens
    end of spoilers. If they do get together I wouldn't be opposed.

As for things I like/dislike, I dislike how spoilers:
    Belasco
    end of spoilers is used. spoilers:
    Him being alive in the first place annoys me since as far as I know there's no reason given for why he's back after the Darkchild killed him. Plus Illyana knows he's alive and exactly where he is and what he's doing but doesn't seem to care. Her history with him is never mentioned so the focus is on Man-Thing's history with him. And then he makes an appearance at the very end which serves very little purpose.
    end of spoilers

I wish more was done with the Dark Riders, specifically how they were brought together, but other aspects as well. They were neat but they could have been more.

What I really liked, without going into specifics, was how much fun Orlando was clearly having when writing this. He clearly really likes writing Magik and her new team, and that makes the book fun.

Not really good or bad, but Illyana is the real hero in this story, more than Man-Thing or any of the Avengers.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 05-05-2021 at 05:59 AM.