Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

https://screenrant.com/xmen-wolverin...marvel-comics/

I'm not sure how much this 'settle's the Schism debate since then the entire mutant population was under 300 people and they were constantly facing extinction while now they have a nation of hundreds of thousands and there is no need for a fully militarized population. Two completely different situations.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Idk about the speculation that she takes over from Strange when he dies. That's clearly a setup to a new book and I don't think the line can afford yet another addition, even with some books on the way out (though IDK if New Mutants is one of them)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Idk about the speculation that she takes over from Strange when he dies. That's clearly a setup to a new book and I don't think the line can afford yet another addition, even with some books on the way out (though IDK if New Mutants is one of them)
    I doubt it.Starnge will either die for a very short time or be trapped or just retire so that he can return for MoM.
    I have no clue as to who will take his place till then

Extraordinary Member

After what happened today I want to see Illyana go nuclear on Xavier and the council if they keep to the 'no clones' rule.

Extraordinary Member

Looks like Illyana has messed with the usernames of some of the guys on the New Mutants group chat. She changed Sam's username to 'Sammonball' and she is definitely the reason Doug's username is 'Dougie.'

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Looks like Illyana has messed with the usernames of some of the guys on the New Mutants group chat. She changed Sam's username to 'Sammonball' and she is definitely the reason Doug's username is 'Dougie.'
    I used to ship them pretty hard -- Yana & Dougie -- but as Krakoa has evolved, so too have I, and especially with Dougie married to Giant Wife Bei, I am super into overprotective older sister Yana for Dougie.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if being the ruler of Limbo gives a boost to Illyana's mutant teleportation powers. Like she wouldn't be able to open a portal big enough to transport the entire SWORD station if someone else was in charge in Limbo. She'd still be able to teleport, but those giant feats wouldn't be possible. If that's the case then that would explain why she isn't considered an omega-level teleporter. Her best feats would be due to some level of outside interference instead of her own inherent ability.

Well, she wouldn't be an "omega" level teleporter... Lila teleports across the universe. Manifold does whatever Ewing is saying he does to make him seem cool. Ariel goes anyhere there's a door. She just controls limbo brand stepping disks, letting her enter and leave limbo. (and being in charge is important to that, otherwise, she's not getting in or out).
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Well, she wouldn't be an "omega" level teleporter... Lila teleports across the universe. Manifold does whatever Ewing is saying he does to make him seem cool. Ariel goes anyhere there's a door. She just controls limbo brand stepping disks, letting her enter and leave limbo. (and being in charge is important to that, otherwise, she's not getting in or out).
    She teleports across the universe and multiverse as well as through time with no upper limit on the number of portals she can open at once or the size the of the portals. The power also manifested when Belasco was in control of Limbo and has been shown to work when others are in control of the realm. As I already said, my speculation that controlling Limbo boosts her mutant power has no on-panel evidence to support it. To date her feats are easily the best of any teleporter in the Marvel universe.

She teleports across the universe and multiverse
    No, she leaves limbo. She can enter Limbo and leave Limbo. She is the best at entering and leaving Limbo.
    Dr. Strange can actually open portals between places. It's hard to say what with them changing things to match the films, but Heimdall and Thor do similar.
    As per the Forge example, if non-Mutants can top you you don't get the Omega merit badge. (which let's be honest, is one of the worst things about the current era of books)

As I recall, when S'ym took over, she couldn't go into Limbo, but it's been a long time since I read thost books, and I recall not liking them at the time.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    No, she leaves limbo. She can enter Limbo and leave Limbo. She is the best at entering and leaving Limbo.
    Dr. Strange can actually open portals between places. It's hard to say what with them changing things to match the films, but Heimdall and Thor do similar.
    As per the Forge example, if non-Mutants can top you you don't get the Omega merit badge. (which let's be honest, is one of the worst things about the current era of books)

As I recall, when S'ym took over, she couldn't go into Limbo, but it's been a long time since I read thost books, and I recall not liking them at the time.
    So Nightcrawler's power is to enter and leave the Brimstone dimension, not to teleport. By your logic that has to be the case. Her mutant power is to control the stepping disks, whose express purpose is teleportation.

When S'ym was attempting to take control of Limbo, he and N'Astirh cast a spell that kept her from teleporting out of Limbo but didn't affect her ability to teleport within Limbo. S'ym wasn't even in full control of Limbo. It was the same as when Belasco kept her from teleporting through a spell when she was trapped in the frozen wasteland. A specific spell, not the direct result of someone else being in control of Limbo.

Others being able to do the same thing doesn't make one not an omega. There can be more than one omega that has the same power level, and there is when it comes to telepathy. It's about whether or not someone can theoretically do it too, it's about whether someone can theoretically do it better. Forge isn't an omega because others have done what he does better than he can do it. She doesn't even need to use the stepping disks. She could open portals with her magic just like Dr. Strange and just like the spell she taught to Pixie. But she doesn't because the stepping disks are a better option. You haven't brought an example of anyone doing anything better than she can. Saying Dr. Strange can open portals too is like saying Magneto isn't an omega because Polaris can do the same things he can. She can, but not as well, and even if she could do it just as well, that would make them both omegas. She would have to be better than Magneto to not

Unlimited reach in time, space, the multiverse, and other dimensions. No need to be in the same location as the teleportation disks. Seemingly no limit on the size or number of portals or how far apart they can be. Show me someone who is better than that. Show me someone who is has the same unlimited reach and is demonstrably able to teleport things larger than the peak station at the same time.

If you want to say she doesn't count as a teleporter, then the only way that works is if her true mutant power is something else and the teleporting is a side effect of that. Dr. Strange once said she has the power to manipulate time, but that was 35 years ago. I've also seen a theory that her true mutant power is to control Limbo and the stepping disks are just a part of that. Those are possible, but non-canon until it is said otherwise on the page. I'm not sure that's a good explanation though, since it would make her even more powerful for no real reason when she doesn't need to be. It would make her more powerful as a non-omega than as an omega.

Mighty Member

Only reason Magik doesn't quite qunatify for teleporter omega is either due to whatever Manifold qualifies as, if he even qualifies. And Cause America Chavez is theoretically her equal, but even then, they're equal in different ways.

As Magik can't teleport as spatially far as America, but also America can't (as of now) teleport temporally like magik can.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Only reason Magik doesn't quite qunatify for teleporter omega is either due to whatever Manifold qualifies as, if he even qualifies. And Cause America Chavez is theoretically her equal, but even then, they're equal in different ways.

As Magik can't teleport as spatially far as America, but also America can't (as of now) teleport temporally like magik can.
    Where can America Chavez teleport that Magik can't? Magik needs to breathe but she can still open a portal to anywhere in space, and she's not limited to one universe, dimension, or timeline. As far as I can tell, there's nowhere America can teleport that Magik can't teleport to as well - she'd just die if she wasn't wearing proper protective gear for certain places. Her power is teleportation, not surviving without oxygen.

And again, it's not a question of whether anyone can be her equal, it's a question of whether anyone can be more than her equal. Forge isn't an Omega specifically because he can be surpassed. If having an equal meant you couldn't be an Omega than there would be no Omega telepaths and Jean and Quentin could not be considered Omegas. If Polaris could equal Magneto, then they'd both be Omegas.

We had a discussion comparing America and Illyana last year, and going by feats America was equal in terms of spatial range and inferior in every other way since she doesn't move through time, doesn't open up more than 1 portal at once, and doesn't open giant portals like the one that was used in X of Swords

Mighty Member

Where can America Chavez teleport that Magik can't? Magik needs to breathe but she can still open a portal to anywhere in space, and she's not limited to one universe, dimension, or timeline. As far as I can tell, there's nowhere America can teleport that Magik can't teleport to as well - she'd just die if she wasn't wearing proper protective gear for certain places. Her power is teleportation, not surviving without oxygen.

And again, it's not a question of whether anyone can be her equal, it's a question of whether anyone can be more than her equal. Forge isn't an Omega specifically because he can be surpassed. If having an equal meant you couldn't be an Omega than there would be no Omega telepaths and Jean and Quentin could not be considered Omegas. If Polaris could equal Magneto, then they'd both be Omegas.

We had a discussion comparing America and Illyana last year, and going by feats America was equal in terms of spatial range and inferior in every other way since she doesn't move through time, doesn't open up more than 1 portal at once, and doesn't open giant portals like the one that was used in X of Swords

America has teleported outside of the observable multiverse and as far as I know, that's still an ability magik has yet to replicate. Until you can provide proof she can. I'd say that's definitively a one up she has over Magik.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    America has teleported outside of the observable multiverse and as far as I know, that's still an ability magik has yet to replicate. Until you can provide proof she can. I'd say that's definitively a one up she has over Magik.
    The definition of 'outside the multiverse that seems to apply to the Utopian Parallel also applies to Limbo and many other dimensions. It's just another dimension that's outside of normal space-time but can still interact with the regular multiverse. Teleporting to and from there seems to be no more impressive than teleporting to and from Limbo. Unless you mean something else that isn't readily available online. I can't even find an example of her teleporting to or from the Utopian Parallel since she actually came to earth as a child before her powers manifested. Teleporting out of a literal void of nothing after erasing Limbo from existence and back from wherever Eternity lives would seem to be much more impressive feats or at the very least closer to what I'd call being outside the multiverse. If it's something else that isn't on any wiki please let me know.

And then again, since her powers seem to come entirely from Wiccan in his Demiurge form, I don't think she counts any more than a Phoenix-powered person would count against Jean. I wasn't aware of the source of her powers until right now. My reading is that such outside interference disqualifies a person which is why I'm saying Limbo might give Illyana a boost in order to disqualify her.