Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Illyana has a small but major role in X-Factor #9 in which she gets her revenge for Mojo making her Pog ur Pog's love interest.
    Omg i haven’t read that yet! That’s freaking hilarious!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Looks good, but sibling rivalry? Since when has that ever been a thing for Illyana?

Well, there is the Gillen era where she dooped Brolossus into sacrificing himself (again) to prove a point and the subsequent angst of the Bendis era where Brolossus hated her.

Extraordinary Member

I'm just going to assume that in-universe the magazine is clickbaiting.

Extraordinary Member

I'm just going to assume that in-universe the magazine is clickbaiting.
    I wouldn't put it past them tbh

Extraordinary Member

Fan image that doesn't include the hooved shoes.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While I get the fabric interpretation of her stepping discs...I would have loved to see the actual discs being used as part of the design...in the way Storm's lightning and cloud forms her "cape". I imagine the discs appearing and disappearing and we get glimpses of different looks from different angles with her covered from head to toe in her silver Darkchilde armor. The floating horns are awesome, though and the best part of her lewk.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

All-New Member

What color are Illyana's eyes?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandevil View Post
    What color are Illyana's eyes?
    Canonically blue, but there have been the occasional artist mistake on that throughout her history. Most characters have had similar mistakes and one point or another.

Extraordinary Member

Here's an idea for if they wanted to launch a Magik mini or ongoing or a Dark Riders in the Krakoa era. Say the resurrection protocols are causing problems for the Hell Lords who collect souls like Mephisto and Hella, prompting them to try to bring down Krakoa or at least put an end to the resurrections. As a fellow Hell Lord Illyana is in the best position to either try to negotiate with them or to fight if negotiations fail and try to protect Krakoa's way of life. Something that would be a natural outgrowth of the current situation and would make sense for Illyana to be the one to deal with but without the rest of the New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    While I get the fabric interpretation of her stepping discs...I would have loved to see the actual discs being used as part of the design...in the way Storm's lightning and cloud forms her "cape". I imagine the discs appearing and disappearing and we get glimpses of different looks from different angles with her covered from head to toe in her silver Darkchilde armor. The floating horns are awesome, though and the best part of her lewk.
    \

That would've been dope. Great idea!
    Mutant and Proud!

All-New Member

Canonically blue, but there have been the occasional artist mistake on that throughout her history. Most characters have had similar mistakes and one point or another.
    Thank you. My eyesight is bad and I don't usually look at that level of detail but her gown is interesting.

Astonishing Member

It just goes to show that Magik could really scratch that horror itch that X-Men should go for. Heck I would love a solo where Magik is investigating horrific magical death happening around Krakoa.

All-New Member

CONTENT WARNING: Discussion of Possible Sexual Abuse in a Comic Book setting.
    There is a new YouTube video about Illyana. I am putting the video’s information here so you can choose to read it or not yourself.

Title: Magik as a Symbol of Sexual Trauma

Chanel: Jonathon Deman

Subject: In this video we explore how the story of Illyana Rasputin (aka Magik) offers a rare and poignant symbolic representation of sexual trauma.
    Note: The video DOES NOT use graphic language or images , but it is very candid about the poster’s opinion that Illyana has been written as an allegory of Childhood Sexual Abuse. The video focus on the New Mutants (1983-1991) and Uncanny X-Men (1963-2011) books and doesn’t discuss the ‘Illyana and Storm’ Limited Series or newer stories.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q5mQ4l4bSQ&t=1s