Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    While I don't believe the population figures for X-Haven were ever given, we know that every mutant who took refuge there was brought specifically by Illyana, so for many mutant civilians she was the first friendly face they saw and their introduction to the X-world.
    'Friendly face' is somewhat debatable...
    But you are correct, she is super prominent in the eyes of mutant population even if she does creep lots of people out.
    That might be interesting storyline to explore btw - how she would react if she becomes an object of public adulation and hero worship.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarmagik View Post
    Yeah, yeah you are right about the bendis era stuff lmao.
    I still think most people would fear her more because of the times she's gone darkchylde, etc.

I know she could be in two teams, I just prefer her on New Mutants and think it would be neat to have different faces on the x-men team.
    We're just few months removed from Zombie Queen of Genosha...
    Like Wolverine, she will be in as many teams as the writers think they can shove her into, and with her teleportation they don't even have to come up with excuses how she can be everywhere at once. Anyway, I agree that sometimes less is more.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    'Friendly face' is somewhat debatable...
    But you are correct, she is super prominent in the eyes of mutant population even if she does creep lots of people out.
    That might be interesting storyline to explore btw - how she would react if she becomes an object of public adulation and hero worship.
    You mean because she's 'the nice one'?-)

We're just few months removed from Zombie Queen of Genosha...
    I could take another year of that...
    ...Slaves

Like Wolverine, she will be in as many teams as the writers think they can shove her into, and with her teleportation they don't even have to come up with excuses how she can be everywhere at once. Anyway, I agree that sometimes less is more.
    My math sense is tingling, and I reject the possibility that less is more.

MORE is more, but it's still never enough, not in my opinion, where Our Lady In Darkness is concerned.

Spider-Man, Logan, and Punisher have all had their decades and solo movies, plus multiple simultaneous titles...

It could be the Illyana Century, and still not be enough for me...

Although maybe it already has been...

... Have you ever asked yourself how Chuck got to all those places at those exact moments despite being confined to a wheelchair in the All-New All-Different Giant Sized X-Men #1?

James Proudstar questioned it, and was the first to be sacrificed to 'Little Snowflake'.

Note the white coronal discharge around Illyana's head as she transports Chuck to Siberia when she's in danger.

It's either that, or Charles/Krakoa tried to kill the last of the Rasputins...
    ...and failed.
    Last edited by G0RM; 01-05-2021 at 07:05 AM.

Incredible Member

Part two, Charles in Wheelchair in field in Siberia while the tractor is still smoking, seconds after the impact.

Incredible Member

When Little Snowflake & Limbo (Krakoa) first started devouring Mutants, she began the soul-destroying blood-feast on those who questioned her true power.
    Last edited by G0RM; 01-05-2021 at 07:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Are you saying Illyana killed Thunderbird 1 when she was 4-5 years old and that she's somehow the same as Krakoa? I know you like to make her out to be some master manipulator who puts Xanatos, Lex Luthor, and Tywin Lanister combined to shame, but this is too much even for you.

Incredible Member

It still makes her weaker than Franklin Richards at the same age...

'Colossus: Bloodlines' discusses Rasputin, lover of the Russian Queen, and how he carried on.

There is a quote along the lines of 'the mark of a nimble mind is to be able to entertain a thought without believing in it.'

So in that vein...

Have you ever asked yourself why the Xavier family estate has a pylon to the N'Gari on it, or why Chuck & Cain Marko got into the same platoon to go to Korea to gain the power of Cyttorak? ('Mark of Cain', get it?)

Reread 'God Lives, Man Kills' to see how close the Stryker Campaign got to capturing a fully empowered Hell Lord...

... Not very, since she wouldn't have let it happen, no matter what N'astyr, Belasco, and/or Mephisto and the other Hell Lords were planning when they tweaked Stryker's destiny with the car crash and demonic/mutant child.

And to really escalate things, it occurred to me if after devouring Thunderbird's soul, she used it to create Phoenix in order to have fun with her new toys, the All-New, All-Different Uncanny X-Men.

If you think that's getting rather excessive, recall what Franklin did with "Heroes Return", or learn who kept Galactus as a pet to the End of Eternity.

You might also reread Age of Apocalypse to check on who used the M'kraan crystal to undo Legion-Omega's screw up, or reread Secret Wars III for who God Doom's first Swan was, or Secret Wars one & two to see who the Beyonder fixated on and failed to obliterate...

... And exactly who was it who magiked up the Mayo jar in X-Factor and when, anyway?

(Reread 'The Last Will And Testament of Charles Xavier' to see how powerful Mutants can get, or watch or read "It's a Good Life" )
    Last edited by G0RM; 01-05-2021 at 07:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member

No one's denying that she's incredibly powerful, but she wasn't born that way. She had to learn magic over the course of years to be able to use it. If she's as ridiculously powerful as you say, then she should have been able to svae herself from being kidnapped to Limbo and the Inferno should have been nothing to her. Nor should the Legacy Virus have been able to affect her younger self if she was devouring souls and creating the Phoenix Force at the age of 4 or 5.

The entire X-Men universe does not revolve around Illyana.

Incredible Member

UXM v1 #96 is bizarrely supernatural, the issue after Thunderbird died.

Incredible Member

The smoking gun:

How did the Xavier Family make their fortune?
    To quote a famous line:
    "You Can't Handle The Truth
    Last edited by G0RM; 01-05-2021 at 08:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

To get the conversation on a less outlandish footing:

How would fans feel if instead of forcing Doug to marry a total stranger Saturnyne made him and Illyana get married?

Incredible Member

Basically an issue after this, Xavier created a group of anti X-Men from his 'Dark Side' and another issue after that Phoenix appeared. (I might be mistaken: things moved fast in early ANAD UXM.... Correction: I confabulated #99 with 106, both of which had an illusionary old X-team fighting the actual ANAD UXM)
    Last edited by G0RM; 01-05-2021 at 08:24 AM.

Incredible Member

How would fans feel if instead of forcing Doug to marry a total stranger Saturnyne made him and Illyana get married?
    That's when Magik kills Saturnyne and wears her bloody skin as a cape.

Incredible Member

No one's denying that she's incredibly powerful, but she wasn't born that way. She had to learn magic over the course of years to be able to use it. If she's as ridiculously powerful as you say, then she should have been able to svae herself from being kidnapped to Limbo and the Inferno should have been nothing to her. Nor should the Legacy Virus have been able to affect her younger self if she was devouring souls and creating the Phoenix Force at the age of 4 or 5.

The entire X-Men universe does not revolve around Illyana.
    It could be said the entire Marvel Universe rotates around the Reality Warpers.

Franklin Richards, Mad Jim Jaspers, Jamie Braddock, Legion, the various Greys and Summers across the timelines, plus Magik and Tempus (and Miranda of Worst X-Man Ever who is basically the Imperiatrix of retcon.)

Franklin sort of mixed with or created Onslaught, then shunted the FF, Avengers etc to a planet and/or pocket universe he created for a year or so, all by his unconscious mind.

Franklin only gained the ability to create universes consciously after God Doom, all before he could grow facial hair.

Precisely why the Hell Lord Belasco tried to capture Illyana, not once but thrice can be explained by the other Reality Warper in the family, Mikhail.

Gregor Rasputin, lover of the Russian Queen, was the one with the massive magical power that is supposed to concentrate into the Last Rasputin.

How or when Illyana 1.0 started subtly plotting consciously or unconsciously to take over the Omniverses using catspaws is unclear; playing with dolls or playing with humans might be hard to distinguish for a three year old Reality Warper: see Mathew Malloy.
    Last edited by G0RM; 01-05-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Doug and Illyana is the only straight pairing I am okay with for either of them (thought Bei is starting to grow on me)

I don't see Illyana and Doug as a couple. I think their relationship works betters as siblings, but then again I don't think there's any straight pairing I feel works for Magik...

Also, I think BeiCypher works because it's so outlandish.