Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    It's actually exactly what some people here have wanted. Sue on her own, outside the FF.

This isn't damsel in distress Sue. This is a very strong, confident and powerful Sue. While all the villains in this have no respect for Deadpool, they do for Sue Storm.

That said, she's portrayed a little too straight, stern and serious. Because of that, and it being a more mature Deadpool comic, I have a feeling that this flash drive (supposedly Reed's tech plans) has something Sue doesn't want villains to see. Something risque.

That's why she's so focused and alone.
    Just looked at my LCS and didn't see anything like this. What title should I be looking for?
    I値l don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Just looked at my LCS and didn't see anything like this. What title should I be looking for?
    Its one of Marvel's new digital-only Infinity Comics.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

Yup. Digital only. Deadpool Inifitny "Invisible Touch"

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Also...coolest thing I've seen in a bit

jackson-caspersz-invisible-woman.jpg

Jackson Caspersz on Art Station.
    Last edited by markhyperion; 10-12-2021 at 08:07 PM.

That is something not to my liking.

Astonishing Member

That is something not to my liking.
    Hopefully they'll eventually be released in physical form -- Marvel has released other stuff that was originally digital-only as trade paperbacks, or as bonus material in trades. They'd probably have to reformat these ones though, since the new Infinity Comics have had their panel layout designed to be suited for scrolling on a phone or tablet, as opposed to being read on a physical page.

Sue being the straight man to Deadpool is a really nice change of pace and I like that because the FF aren't around it's not her being motherly. However I do agree that she's being written too serious and I want her character to loosen up some more. Give her some more personality.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Sue being the straight man to Deadpool is a really nice change of pace and I like that because the FF aren't around it's not her being motherly. However I do agree that she's being written too serious and I want her character to loosen up some more. Give her some more personality.
    Because it's Deadpool, Sue as straight man seems unavoidable. However, her getting in one big gag on him would fit well.

I have to admit, Sue does seem like a nice combo for Deadpool craziness. Sue's played straightman to her teammates for so long and has the Mom aura. You have convinced me to pull these issues of the rack of my LCS. It's my conscience that is making me pay for them, lol.
    They're not in the LCS, it's a digital exclusive title.
    Hopefully they'll eventually be released in physical form -- Marvel has released other stuff that was originally digital-only as trade paperbacks, or as bonus material in trades. They'd probably have to reformat these ones though, since the new Infinity Comics have had their panel layout designed to be suited for scrolling on a phone or tablet, as opposed to being read on a physical page.
    Easily done. They reformatted some of those three page Marvel Legacy Primers to the digital format, so they should be able to do the reverse.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I hope Sue appears alone in more books and gets another solo soon (written by a female writer). Slott's disinterest in the character is pretty obvious so I hope she's in more books like the Deadpool one.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I hope Sue appears alone in more books and gets another solo soon (written by a female writer). Slott's disinterest in the character is pretty obvious so I hope she's in more books like the Deadpool one.
    I agree. Reed, Ben, and Johnny have had considerable page space in other runs and had their characters expanded and developed outide of their relations to heroes with 4s on their costumes. Sue needs the same. She IS the mother figure, but come the F on, she deals with two kids who are actually kids, a husband with sub-par social skills, a brother who acts like her teenage son on a bad day, and a man who's suffered through a tragedy and has been shown to be handling things poorly to make an editorial point.

Let's see Sue get out and chat with grownups. That would make a nice six issue mini series. The Invisible Woman finally talks with grownups.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I agree. Reed, Ben, and Johnny have had considerable page space in other runs and had their characters expanded and developed outide of their relations to heroes with 4s on their costumes. Sue needs the same. She IS the mother figure, but come the F on, she deals with two kids who are actually kids, a husband with sub-par social skills, a brother who acts like her teenage son on a bad day, and a man who's suffered through a tragedy and has been shown to be handling things poorly to make an editorial point.

Let's see Sue get out and chat with grownups. That would make a nice six issue mini series. The Invisible Woman finally talks with grownups.
    They need to start showing Sue hanging out with her friends Janet van Dyne and Jennifer (esp now that she isn't going to be the dumb savage version of She Hulk any more) like she did in the old days. Or how about bringing back Sharon Ventura? I remember seeing a page showing her back with the wrestling league again in another comic ( I forget which) and she looked like her old self again.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    They need to start showing Sue hanging out with her friends Janet van Dyne and Jennifer (esp now that she isn't going to be the dumb savage version of She Hulk any more) like she did in the old days.
    Yup.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    They need to start showing Sue hanging out with her friends Janet van Dyne and Jennifer (esp now that she isn't going to be the dumb savage version of She Hulk any more) like she did in the old days. Or how about bringing back Sharon Ventura? I remember seeing a page showing her back with the wrestling league again in another comic ( I forget which) and she looked like her old self again.
    I'm not following a lot of series (actually very few), but do ANY heroes hang with their buddies anymore, male or female?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Yup.
    I like stuff like this as it fits what we've seen of Sue and Jan over the years. Jan has run with the socially elite and is very familiar with the lifestyle and its participants. Sue has also been there, but not to Jan's extent, but from the start she starred in the Namor produced movie, wore Bob Mackie clothing, and is very comfortable with that level of society. Even though I \truly believe Sue has a white trash streak hidden inside her, it is canon she does like the fancy stuff. It would be nice to see again.

I'd like to see her team-up with more unexpected characters like Deadpool, but less comedic so that she isn't stuck in the straight man role. I can see her teaming up with Gambit for a heist of something important, or giving Miles some tips with his camouflage powers.
    She should have a presence in the MU outside of the team like the other members of the FF have.