Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It looks like there's a backstory involving Sue and Emma Frost if this cover is to go by!

DEVIL'S REIGN: X-MEN #2 (OF 3)
    Gerry Duggan (W) • PHIL NOTO (A/C)
    Variant cover by Javier GARRÓN
    DEALS WITH THE DEVIL!
    Turns out attending Hellfire Club soirees was not the naughtiest thing Emma Frost was up to in the time before she joined the X-Men… And the dirty deeds she did for Wilson Fisk are coming back to haunt her.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Zdarsky said that Sue and Reed would play a role in this event more than the other two FF members. I just hope that's it's not some Namor thing that would be so stupid and predictable.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I really hope the next FF writer gives Sue an important arc (Johnny too). When was her last arc? Not a side story, but an arc that's mostly about her like Reed tends to have. I can only think of the DeFalco era off the top of my head and that was near 30 years ago...
    Johnny has the same problem.

Would this seem okay or unnecessary?

We seem to see Sue's development and interactions with other characters in other comic books.
    What if some of Sue's arc, in regard to this, would show here.
    So maybe Sue hosts meetings or strategy sessions for Daughters of Liberty.
    Maybe the various members do inservices for each other. Granted Sue can't teach invisibility but she may have other things to share about stealthiness. Sue's abilities could simulate 'blindness' or perhaps other sensory deprivation would could be applied to teaching agents how to operate under such conditions.

Sue could be shown mentoring some younger characters, like from the Foundation.
    Both of these should highlight the idea of her leadership skills, which as you mention are rarely seen since back in the DeFalco days.

I like the idea of Agatha, SpiderWoman or others from Daughters of Liberty showing up at the Baxter Building.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I really hope the next FF writer gives Sue an important arc (Johnny too). When was her last arc? Not a side story, but an arc that's mostly about her like Reed tends to have. I can only think of the DeFalco era off the top of my head and that was near 30 years ago...
    Johnny has the same problem.
    I hope the next writer handles the characters well.

2021 wasn't a great year for Sue, which is especially disappointing considering it was the team's anniversary. Besides one or two comics outside of the main book, she was a little too invisible.

I hope that 2022 is a much bigger and better year for Sue!

art by DVSmallville