Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

It's sad that all of Sue's best moments have been outside of the main Fantastic Four book since the current run started.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    She is rocking Sue's power. So unless Val's been a later bloomer than Franklin, I'm still betting on she's Sue.
    You’re probably right.

But given Val’s intelligence, and resources, it’s obvious that she could mimic Sue’s power-set.

The science stuff portrayed in Marvel-verse and FF resources makes it a mystery why several of the characters don’t regularly use various scientific devices to power up/ generally do useful things.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    You’re probably right.

But given Val’s intelligence, and resources, it’s obvious that she could mimic Sue’s power-set.

The science stuff portrayed in Marvel-verse and FF resources makes it a mystery why several of the characters don’t regularly use various scientific devices to power up/ generally do useful things.
    It's a very common trope in science fiction and superhero series. Brilliant device is developed in one story or episode and is never seen again, even if it would be useful in future happenings. generally, I think there are brakes put on what would be expected to happen with these characters and events and the advancement is curtailed considerably so as to keep it closer to "our" world.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It's a very common trope in science fiction and superhero series. Brilliant device is developed in one story or episode and is never seen again, even if it would be useful in future happenings. generally, I think there are brakes put on what would be expected to happen with these characters and events and the advancement is curtailed considerably so as to keep it closer to "our" world.
    You’re right.

The net effect of it is that overall world setting is a real inconsistent mish mash that doesn’t really withstand scrutiny…Reed or Tony can knock up an interstellar starship in days (or minutes), time machines are common, Franklin can do anything (on those days he can!)…and yet tech and customs in everyday life are more or less like ours….it looks like petrol cars are dominant force on roads, etc, etc

It is what it is, but 99 times out of a hundred I prefer more “consistent” story telling nowadays even when I read fantasy, so my reading of Marvel or DC super hero stuff is much less now than in years gone by.

(I just started reading Sandman Mystery Theatre a week, and vastly prefer the 1930’s setting and low key “powers” of the main hero to stuff set in present DCU or current Marvel-verse.)

Dark Ages is added to the list of times Sue (or a version of her) has used her powers to hold onto reality. It adds to my theory that Franklin's powers are a much more powerful offshoot of hers.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'd like to see Sue do something on a really small scale for a change, create a microscopic force field inside her body to isolate a virus then expel it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I like when she does more precise things like that. It's also when her powers get the most creative.

For those of you with Marvel Unlimited, the exclusive Deadpool comic (Deadpool: Invisible Touch Infinity comic) is a team up with Sue.

I must have missed this earlier because I would have shouted "YES!".
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Oh, my gawrd! That sound incredible "She seems to have..."
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    For those of you with Marvel Unlimited, the exclusive Deadpool comic (Deadpool: Invisible Touch Infinity comic) is a team up with Sue.
    The second issue is already out, it seems to a weekly comic

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

While looking through some old issues of the Fantastic Four on Marvel Unlimited, I did find an example of Susan doing a little work on the side. Since this was the "Nuff Said" event, where all comics were not to use captions or word balloons, there is no dialog to go along with it. This is part of a flashback sequences that is part of the main plot where the FF are being honored by the media etc. I am assuming she was continuing her modeling career ( I still have to find a reference to that) or perhaps for charity?? But due to the sleazy nature of the photographer and his assistant ( who takes some really inappropriate liberties with her) I doubt the second scenario. I assume that this is early in the FF's history because this guy is pretty bold in thinking he could take liberties with her.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-10-2021 at 11:02 AM.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

I think every Sue fan should be reading that Deadpool comic. It's legit a limited series where we see Sue on her own and away from her team.

She's playing the "straight edge I hate Deadpool" character in this one. It's an odd team-up, but honestly it's already funner (uh...more fun?) than her solo.

It's also an "adult content" comic. I'm wondering if Sue let's loose and I don't know...swears at least

And surprisingly, they haven't sexualized her. Yet...a big YET

That said, shes adamant about getting this flash drive ALONE. So standby for a big, probably adult themed, reveal
    Last edited by markhyperion; 10-12-2021 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    I think every Sue fan should be reading that Deadpool comic. It's legit a limited series where we see Sue on her own and away from her team.

She's playing the "straight edge I hate Deadpool" character in this one. It's an odd team-up, but honestly it's already funner (uh...more fun?) than her solo.

It's also an "adult content" comic. I'm wondering if Sue let's loose and I don't know...swears at least

And surprisingly, they haven't sexualized her. Yet...a big YET

That said, shes adamant about getting this flash drive ALONE. So standby for a big, probably adult themed, reveal
    I have to admit, Sue does seem like a nice combo for Deadpool craziness. Sue's played straightman to her teammates for so long and has the Mom aura. You have convinced me to pull these issues of the rack of my LCS. It's my conscience that is making me pay for them, lol.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I have to admit, Sue does seem like a nice combo for Deadpool craziness. Sue's played straightman to her teammates for so long and has the Mom aura. You have convinced me to pull these issues of the rack of my LCS. It's my conscience that is making me pay for them, lol.
    It's actually exactly what some people here have wanted. Sue on her own, outside the FF.

This isn't damsel in distress Sue. This is a very strong, confident and powerful Sue. While all the villains in this have no respect for Deadpool, they do for Sue Storm.

That said, she's portrayed a little too straight, stern and serious. Because of that, and it being a more mature Deadpool comic, I have a feeling that this flash drive (supposedly Reed's tech plans) has something Sue doesn't want villains to see. Something risque.

That's why she's so focused and alone.