Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    She doesn't really have many friends unfortunately and doesn't even have a best friend. Those who are her friends are usually more friends of the team: She-Hulk, Medusa, Janet, and Storm.

As for who I want to see her be friends with:

Monica Rambeau - I think they would get along well and thier powers compliment each other well if they team up.

Emma Frost - I love their shady exchanges and them being frenemies would lead to more fun exchanges.

Nightcrawler - I just like him lol

Rocket and Groot - their personalities are very different that it would be interesting to have them bounce off each other
    Sue with a male buddy is an interesting idea. Obviously any writer delving into this would need to make sure they're well aware of any perceived sexual tension. But in Waid's mini, I did enjoy her scenes with Nick, Jr. It is possible to collect a group of contacts for Sue similar to Reed's Illuminati, Ben's MTIO cast, and Johnny's little black book.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I started to write something last night about Sue and friends, but I tossed it.

It has been ages since Janet appeared with Sue in this friendly context.

In story it could be chalked up with the emphasis on exploration and such over the last several years; being locked away and presumed dead did not help

Wouldn't it be cool, if Janet finally got to catch up and they had a good cry;

Janet too felt that she had lost a good friend, when the FF were deemed deaD.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I don't know why Marvel gives Sue, Janet and Jennifer, who I consider their biggest female legacy characters, such terrible treatment these past few years.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    She was hanging around with Janet in John Byrne's run. I'd like to see more of this but I don't even know where Jan is these days since Nadia Pym is using the Wasp mantle. And I hate what's been done with She-Hulk these past few years. I want her old personality to return.
    Classic page, that. I've posted that on older threads here and on Twitter as well. And speaking of Twitter…

https://twitter.com/PaulRENAUDart/st...83692205854724
    Wip coloring Fantastic Four 60th Anniversary issue on photoshop
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I don't know why Marvel gives Sue, Janet and Jennifer, who I consider their biggest female legacy characters, such terrible treatment these past few years.
    I've often wondered why. Even before the whole film rights thing, they were pretty neglected. I just hope that Sue and Jen get much better treatment in all media appearances when they make their MCU debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Classic page, that. I've posted that on older threads here and on Twitter as well. And speaking of Twitter…

https://twitter.com/PaulRENAUDart/st...83692205854724
    Wip coloring Fantastic Four 60th Anniversary issue on photoshop
    Wow that looks great! I may not like the writing of the current run, but I've loved every artist that's been on the book so far.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Cool find Ravin' Ray

I've often wondered why. Even before the whole film rights thing, they were pretty neglected. I just hope that Sue and Jen get much better treatment in all media appearances when they make their MCU debut.
    I will be curious to see that She Hulk series. I hope they go with the lawyer backstory. IIRC No one has really played that up that since Charles Soule's She Hulk series. If the art wasn't so mediocre in that one it would stand out just like her earlier solo series. I want her back in the Fantastic Four extended family. I don't like what's been done with her in the Avengers.

I'd like to see Emily Blunt in the role of Sue, esp if they cast her husband John as Reed.

Cool find Ravin' Ray

I will be curious to see that She Hulk series. I hope they go with the lawyer backstory. IIRC No one has really played that up that since Charles Soule's She Hulk series. If the art wasn't so mediocre in that one it would stand out just like her earlier solo series. I want her back in the Fantastic Four extended family. I don't like what's been done with her in the Avengers.

I'd like to see Emily Blunt in the role of Sue, esp if they cast her husband John as Reed.

I havent read the Soule She-Hulk run but it always seems to be recommended when She-Hulk runs are brought up. Better art would’ve probably made it have a bigger impact. And while Emily Blunt would make a great Sue, I don’t think there’s anything about her husband that says “Reed Richards” outside of some fan photoshopped pics lol

I’d like She-Hulk to get her old personality back and be shown as better friends with Sue. Not sure about Wasp and that friendship needing attention. Monica Rambeau is also a great idea! Maybe Black Widow? They worked together during her solo recently and her current solo is fantastic! Sue could appear in Natasha’s. I’d be into them making new characters to be friends with Sue too. I guess the F4 comic would have to be doing interesting things for that to happen though. Maybe in the next run Sue could have more interactions outside of the F4 the way the other 3 members do?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Sue with a male buddy is an interesting idea. Obviously any writer delving into this would need to make sure they're well aware of any perceived sexual tension. But in Waid's mini, I did enjoy her scenes with Nick, Jr. It is possible to collect a group of contacts for Sue similar to Reed's Illuminati, Ben's MTIO cast, and Johnny's little black book.
    Sue is automatically put with the other woman on a team she it comes to the FF being friends with other teams. I don't want that and think there should be more platonic male/female relationships with zero romantic implications or possibilities.

It's really clear, most of Sue's development, that we want,
    will be more likely realized through her appearances elsewhere.
    Places I'd like to see that:
    Stories involving her with SHIELD and their operatives; Widow primarily but maybe Drew?
    Are they doing/more Secret Avengers arcs - Sue as a one time Avenger should show up there.

In addition to her previous now known associations:
    Daughters of Liberty
    Lady Liberators - or A-Force even? I still would like to see more about Franklin being/not being a mutant, as I suspect in the nature of dueling retcons, this may not be over yet.
    Am I wrong that Sinister was also interested in Franklin's DNA? If / if to be,
    Sue would make a formidable opponent of Sinister, if they let her go all out.
    (ironic, as Sue once had an evil personality 'Malice' which was also a personality or entity possessing Polaris when she worked for Sinister in the Marauders - a very guilty pleasure of mine has always been to see Malice vs Malice)
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

It has rarely been not that; when Sue came back after Franklin's birth and worked with Crystal and the others. Or Nova during the Byrne run. Even considering the other 'show-ups' over many years; Tigra, Thundra, Namornita, who else? They are defacto members or more likely partners, but Sue is 'the' member, in those rare instances.

When Sharon was on the team, Crystal had come back, but that is 2 others, and again a rare time for 2 or more females.

Val doesn't exactly count since still a minor child, but say what you will, the current run is revolving around other females in the plot.

Just not enough with Sue.
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    I havent read the Soule She-Hulk run but it always seems to be recommended when She-Hulk runs are brought up. Better art would’ve probably made it have a bigger impact. And while Emily Blunt would make a great Sue, I don’t think there’s anything about her husband that says “Reed Richards” outside of some fan photoshopped pics lol

I think his character in The Quiet Place is sort of Reed-like in some respects esp the family aspect. I like his enthusiasm about playing the part I guess. Even if Emily Blunt declines on the part of Susan, I'd still like to see him in the film. What is really a long shot would be Charlize Theron but I doubt they'd get her. She surprised me when she started making more action films and doing very well in them.

I liked Charles Soule's She Hulk but for that art. think what hurt the series is that the covers were done by a different artists than the one who did the interiors, like this example. I look at it as a kind of bait and switch that Marvel does with artists. I guess I'm too old school, from the days when the artist on the interior also did the covers.

Cover by Kevin Wada

A page from Juan Pulido, who does one of the worst She Hulk's out there IMO. And in case you don't recognize them, that's Titania and Volcana.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-05-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    It's really clear, most of Sue's development, that we want,
    will be more likely realized through her appearances elsewhere.
    Places I'd like to see that:
    Stories involving her with SHIELD and their operatives; Widow primarily but maybe Drew?
    Are they doing/more Secret Avengers arcs - Sue as a one time Avenger should show up there.

In addition to her previous now known associations:
    Daughters of Liberty
    Lady Liberators - or A-Force even? I still would like to see more about Franklin being/not being a mutant, as I suspect in the nature of dueling retcons, this may not be over yet.
    Am I wrong that Sinister was also interested in Franklin's DNA? If / if to be,
    Sue would make a formidable opponent of Sinister, if they let her go all out.
    (ironic, as Sue once had an evil personality 'Malice' which was also a personality or entity possessing Polaris when she worked for Sinister in the Marauders - a very guilty pleasure of mine has always been to see Malice vs Malice)
    I'd like to see Sue on a new team, either an offshoot of the FF or something completely different as long as the other members are characters she rarely interacted with.

Always had a problem with all-female teams being the only ones Sue tended to show up in. That shouldn't be the only type of team she gets to be apart of outside of the FF and they are often short-lived.

I'd like to see Sue on a new team, either an offshoot of the FF or something completely different as long as the other members are characters she rarely interacted with.

Always had a problem with all-female teams being the only ones Sue tended to show up in. That shouldn't be the only type of team she gets to be apart of outside of the FF and they are often short-lived.
    Once again, I agree with you. Mostly. All female teams are a start and work to break ceilings. But instead of being a special all women team, switch gender counts and go with five women, two men. Treat it as a normal occurrence and don't sell it as something special and different.

I'd also like to see Sue getting out into the Marvel Universe and making her own connections. Reed, Johnny, and especially Ben have been piling up contacts and acquaintances. Sue on a team would allow her to flex her reactions to people instead of the same old Reed, Johnny, Franklin, Val thing. I'd also like to see characters who don't really know Sue get to know here and see what they think of her as she's obviously the least known member of the four as far as the superhero community is concerned.

I think 12-18 issues somewhere would be a nice start to plant some seeds hoping Sue's popularity grows.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Nobody's exploring her bond with Anya Corazon aka Arańa. Even if it was an attempt to shoehorn Sue and Anya into another FF/Spider-person relationship, it can be a hit if done properly.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES