Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Sue is automatically put with the other woman on a team she it comes to the FF being friends with other teams. I don't want that and think there should be more platonic male/female relationships with zero romantic implications or possibilities.
    I think a Sue/Cap team-up would be fun, I feel like Cap would have a lot of respect for her and they'd work together really well.

Daredevil is another one that would be interesting, he's got a long history with the FF and with his radar sense he might be one of the few people for whom the invisible part of Invisible Woman doesn't mean anything. You could get some awesome fight scenes out of Sue creating an invisible parkour course for him which he navigates with no problem while the bad guys are all just sitting around wondering how he's doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I think a Sue/Cap team-up would be fun, I feel like Cap would have a lot of respect for her and they'd work together really well.

Daredevil is another one that would be interesting, he's got a long history with the FF and with his radar sense he might be one of the few people for whom the invisible part of Invisible Woman doesn't mean anything. You could get some awesome fight scenes out of Sue creating an invisible parkour course for him which he navigates with no problem while the bad guys are all just sitting around wondering how he's doing it!
    DD would certainly be an interesting partner for Sue. In John Byrne's Malice story, it was noted he could "see" the force fields with his radar sense. What's interesting about DD is how well his and Sue's powers blend. Being unfamiliar with Daredevil since the Brubaker run, I have no idea what the status is with DD's identity. But if still secret, I think Sue being the only FF member to know Matt and DD are the same person would be a nice touch. If, of course, continuity provides.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Mighty Member

I'm curious do Sue and Namor still have an attraction/flirtation thing going on? I always found that interesting. And did it continue even while being married to Reed?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I'm curious do Sue and Namor still have an attraction/flirtation thing going on? I always found that interesting. And did it continue even while being married to Reed?
    The level varies with writer, but generally Sue thinks of Namor as a friend while Namor still openly flirts with Sue. I do not doubt Namor would actually say yes if Sue was willing, but I think he's well aware it's not going to happen.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The level varies with writer, but generally Sue thinks of Namor as a friend while Namor still openly flirts with Sue. I do not doubt Namor would actually say yes if Sue was willing, but I think he's well aware it's not going to happen.
    Yeah, but is she attracted to him? And have we seen her having to fight against that? Cause a common theme is that Reed kind of ignores her cause he's busy doing stuff in his lab.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Yeah, but is she attracted to him? And have we seen her having to fight against that? Cause a common theme is that Reed kind of ignores her cause he's busy doing stuff in his lab.
    Current status is she WAS, but isn't anymore. The qualities of Namor she's attracted to are still there, but the fire is out.

Well, to me, much of the Namor Sue thing is seen differently.

Yes, there was some attraction but she chose Reed.

However, Sue is best part of humanity to Namor. While his hormones will dictate other things,

Sue is, for him, the sense of unconditional, "universal" love for all (that should be), but specifically as Earth meets Sea.

There is a panel around v.1 #220s with a Namor story, and the verbiage, which I forget, kind of says what I'm saying.

Their 'love' however we may see it, fight over it, is symbolic, micro/macro cosm stuff to me.

Magical.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I think a Sue/Cap team-up would be fun, I feel like Cap would have a lot of respect for her and they'd work together really well !
    You should check out Marvel Adventures Volume 1 and 2. Cap and Sue lead their own Avengers team. Shes away from FF. Its not 616, and very light. But its fun. Shes the leader.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    You should check out Marvel Adventures Volume 1 and 2. Cap and Sue lead their own Avengers team. Shes away from FF. Its not 616, and very light. But its fun. Shes the leader.
    Oh sweet, thanks! I will see if it's on comixology

Marvel adventures Sue is pretty amazing. It shows how the team could function with her as the leader.

I hope 616 and the MCU take some aspects from that universe for Sue.
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-10-2021 at 11:38 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Sue's the only member without an alt in the Heroes Reborn thing. It's small thing, but it represents a bigger problem in that she's often the one most ignored both in and out of the FF book.

It's such a bad look that the only woman, on such a small team, is constantly ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Sue's the only member without an alt in the Heroes Reborn thing. It's small thing, but it represents a bigger problem in that she's often the one most ignored both in and out of the FF book.

It's such a bad look that the only woman, on such a small team, is constantly ignored.
    So she could still vanish? Sometimes when this happens, she ends up playing another role, like when she snuck back with Wolverine during AoU. It might have ended differently.
    Likewise the time she save the other + Crystal when the bomb went off destroying the village in that classic story from ages ago.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I hope this means Sue had a significant role in this:

BANNED

Susan Storm fans should check out FANTASTIC FOUR LIFE STORY #2

spoilers:
    Liked her using the shield, it's some really cool symbolism. I want a 'What If?' of her becoming Captain America.
    end of spoilers

Everything else I didn't like. The issue was meant to be about her yet she still took a backseat to Reed and what he was doing. It's a pattern in the FF that needs to end, I'm tired of it. Plus I hated the ending.