Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Default The Original SECRET WARS Revisited.

With MARVEL's big Secret Wars event coming up, all the Ultron talk (who played a big part in Secret Wars, and the fact I recently bought a shirt that has the iconic Secret Wars 1 cover on it... I figured i'd go ahead and reread my original Secret Wars trade and maybe get a discussion going.

When people talk about Ultrons appearances and story arcs, everyone seem to forget he was in Secret Wars. Infact, it's my favorite Ultron appearance! They really establish how powerful he is, he serves as Doom's bodyguard, kills Kang the Conqueror and interacts with alot of other big name heros/villains including a brief confrontation with Galactus!

Im on issue #3 right now and one question that i have is where did Titania and Volcana come from?!? They're humans that just appeared in Doombase, speaking english with english names. I must've completely skimped over this part the first time i read because i didnt catch that.

Also, Wasp looks like a 50 year old, lol.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    With MARVEL's big Secret Wars event coming up, all the Ultron talk (who played a big part in Secret Wars, and the fact I recently bought a shirt that has the iconic Secret Wars 1 cover on it... I figured i'd go ahead and reread my original Secret Wars trade and maybe get a discussion going.

When people talk about Ultrons appearances and story arcs, everyone seem to forget he was in Secret Wars. Infact, it's my favorite Ultron appearance! They really establish how powerful he is, he serves as Doom's bodyguard, kills Kang the Conqueror and interacts with alot of other big name heros/villains including a brief confrontation with Galactus!

Im on issue #3 right now and one question that i have is where did Titania and Volcana come from?!? They're humans that just appeared in Doombase, speaking english with english names. I must've completely skimped over this part the first time i read because i didnt catch that.

Also, Wasp looks like a 50 year old, lol.
    It explains later that one of the patches of battleworld is a suburb of Denver. That's where Doom gets them.

Does it specifically say that? I know Denver was fused into Battleworld (isnt that where spiderwoman comes from?), but they hadn't established that yet and didn't explain it at all. It's left up to the reader to later assume Doom somehow found Denver off panel and swindled 2 girls into working for him?

Fantastic Member

It does. They go back to Titania's apartment at one point.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I don't recall seeing the exact scene in any of the tie ins done at the time but several years ago Marvel did a sort of "scenes you didn't see" mini series called Spider-Man Secret Wars. It shows Doom meeting various people in Denver to scout out candidates to convert into metahumans. You see him meeting with Mary and Marsha and then some of the otherworldly creatures invade the town. Mary and March pitch in to fight them off. He sees that they have the fighting spirit he was looking for.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't recall seeing the exact scene in any of the tie ins done at the time but several years ago Marvel did a sort of "scenes you didn't see" mini series called Spider-Man Secret Wars. It shows Doom meeting various people in Denver to scout out candidates to convert into metahumans. You see him meeting with Mary and Marsha and then some of the otherworldly creatures invade the town. Mary and March pitch in to fight them off. He sees that they have the fighting spirit he was looking for.
    Actually, IIRC......the BTS Origin of Titania & Volcana was dealt with within SHE-HULK (Vol I) #10; where the issue focuses more of the lives of who both Titania & Volcana (and their circumstances) were before what eventually happened within SECRET WARS #3

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Actually, IIRC......the BTS Origin of Titania & Volcana was dealt with within SHE-HULK (Vol I) #10; where the issue focuses more of the lives of who both Titania & Volcana (and their circumstances) were before what eventually happened within SECRET WARS #3
    That makes sense since Titania became a part of She Hulk's rogues gallery. I will have to check that out to see if it's on Marvel Digital.

So then it wasn't addressed (in secret wars)! I'll know for sure anyway once i finish re-reading it. Also, wasn't Titania dating Molecule Man in Secret Wars II?
    Last edited by AnimalSquabbles; 04-06-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    So then it wasn't addressed (in secret wars)! I'll know for sure anyway once i finish re-reading it. Also, wasn't Titania dating Molecule Man in Secret Wars II?
    That would have be Volcana, AKA Marsha Rosenberg. Their relationship lasted quite a few years in comics, cropping up mostly in Fantastic Four here and there. Titania and Crusher Creel got married at some point and they were still together in the new Thor series.

All-New Member

Question What happened to the other people of the Denver Suburb then

Quote Originally Posted by klefmung View Post
    It explains later that one of the patches of battleworld is a suburb of Denver. That's where Doom gets them.
    Did they just resume with their lives after going to Battleworld, and then once Battleworld was sent back to earth they just continued on with their day

Ironic the bad guys put denver back and hetch a ride back to earth with it.

[IMG][/IMG]

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I think the Denver thing is explained when Julia-Spider-Woman joins or when Doom introduces Volcanna and Titannia.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klefmung View Post
    It does. They go back to Titania's apartment at one point.
    I wanna see said apartment appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    BREAKING! SHE-HULK EXCLUSIVE: MAIN VILLAIN REVEALED

My favorite scene was when The Lizard went bonkers

BANNED

LOL! The Wrecking Crew comicbook character can't handle the Lizard comicbook character...