Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Also from 616Toro, Namor, Jim, and Steve fanart photo manipulation.

NAMOR

JIM

STEVE

also Bucky and Toro
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So I'm curious if we're going to see a new Invaders coming sooner than later given that I would think Marvel wouldn't mind covering that period in time in the movies. Or having a new version being created using a new roster of characters that have taken on legacy names.

Also its an older art but still a favorite: Invaders playing cards by Eric Wolfe Hanson

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So I'm curious if we're going to see a new Invaders coming sooner than later given that I would think Marvel wouldn't mind covering that period in time in the movies. Or having a new version being created using a new roster of characters that have taken on legacy names.
    I would love an Invaders series tbh, much better than a movie, they can call it an au verse and then we don't have to worry about the Howling Commandos basically being used as Invaders in the MCU

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Hello Invaders Fans! I hope we get a good year and possibly some Invaders mentions in comics as well. I don't have much hope for a new series since we barely finish with the 2019 one but maybe Marvel will deign to grace us with a new series. A few Invaders fan arts I have wanted to post on the board, this one is from 616Toro on twitter, also posted on tumblr

Invaders Holiday Card

LOL! It looks like Cap's wine glass is strategically placed. heheheh A wonderful holiday card!

I doubt we'll get another series this year also, but we might get some appearances. Kurt Busiek has a new series coming out where we might get an appearance. Isn't Cap getting a new writer?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Also from 616Toro, Namor, Jim, and Steve fanart photo manipulation.

NAMOR

JIM

STEVE

also Bucky and Toro
    Wow. Excellent work! I like these alot, but I think Jim and Steve look a little too similar. Though, now that I think about it, I'm wondering how they DO look different?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I know Marvel keeps trying to move the Invaders into the present, but for me personally, I'm not as interested in that. I like the historical aspect. I LOVED the Agent Carter show and I wish it had enough success, and that Marvel had the rights and budget, to have included the Invaders.

I don't know ... we might get a cameo or something in Loki or Dr. Strange and the Mulitverse. But I think the What If show is only dealing with MCU characters, right?

I would love an Invaders series tbh, much better than a movie, they can call it an au verse and then we don't have to worry about the Howling Commandos basically being used as Invaders in the MCU
    I would love either! But I'm just not feeling that is something Feige is interested in.

Union Jack: How Marvel’s James Bond Uncovered an INSIDIOUS Conspiracy

A synopsis of the 2006's Union Jack mini-series by Christos N. Gage and Mike Perkins. This is the present day Union Jack, Joey Chapman.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    LOL! It looks like Cap's wine glass is strategically placed. heheheh A wonderful holiday card!

I doubt we'll get another series this year also, but we might get some appearances. Kurt Busiek has a new series coming out where we might get an appearance. Isn't Cap getting a new writer?
    I haven't kept up with Cap comics since 2019 ish, I have a big backlog to get through but I'm too busy, I have to catch up on my Immortal Hulk, and I'm planning on finishing my Namorita reread, and start a Defenders reread. However my Namor re-re-read is something else I need to finish so I can keep chronicling my reading this time. lol, lots to read and never enough time!

Wow. Excellent work! I like these alot, but I think Jim and Steve look a little too similar. Though, now that I think about it, I'm wondering how they DO look different?
    Jim has warmer undertones in his skin tone than Steve does, some brow shape is a tad different, but other than that they are very similar which is understandable since the program (artbreeder) has limited choices in how to make things I think? I never used it myself. Also Jim and Steve being similar happens in the comics alot too, just look at Guice's Steve and Jim from the 2019 Invaders XD.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Wink

Jim has warmer undertones in his skin tone than Steve does, some brow shape is a tad different, but other than that they are very similar which is understandable since the program (artbreeder) has limited choices in how to make things I think? I never used it myself. Also Jim and Steve being similar happens in the comics alot too, just look at Guice's Steve and Jim from the 2019 Invaders XD.
    That used to be quite a common theme discussed when talking about how characters looked so similar when out of costume.Steve Rogers, Hank Pym, Clint Barton, Don Blake, and even Johnny Storm were practically identical ...... or maybe they were really the same guy al along? Lol.

Some old school, but great covers right there!

That Union Jack one actually appears on merchandise. I have this glass.

I didn’t know this existed, and now it must be mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    I didn’t know this existed, and now it must be mine.

I thought there was a 7-Eleven cup with the Invaders also, but I can't find it right now.

Truly a lovely piece. I also like that they included the time-displaced trio (Yellowjacket, Vision & Black Panther) from Avengers #71

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Truly a lovely piece. I also like that they included the time-displaced trio (Yellowjacket, Vision & Black Panther) from Avengers #71

I also Love this piece.

Peace

It is! So, I added it to the first posts. Thanks!

Oh, and I found the original art in one of the old threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    That used to be quite a common theme discussed when talking about how characters looked so similar when out of costume.Steve Rogers, Hank Pym, Clint Barton, Don Blake, and even Johnny Storm were practically identical ...... or maybe they were really the same guy al along? Lol.
    As my mind starts turning over various fan fiction ideas.

I remember seeing some sort of comparison of Byrne's faces for those characters and they WERE all the same! Of course, most comic artists do draw the same faces, and it is the costume or hair that allows the reader to tell them apart.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-14-2021 at 11:32 AM.