Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

In case anyone missed the last post from the previous thread. This came out ... last week, I believe.

If you didn't pick up the floppies or the two trades, you can supposedly buy this wonderful oversized hardcover that collects ALL the Zdarsky issues, including the Namor Best Defense issue he and Carlos Magno did.

ALWAYS AND INVADER

The greatest generation of Marvel heroes is back - to stop one of their own! Namor the Sub-Mariner, monarch of Atlantis, has once again declared war on the surface world - and this time he means to win at any cost! But he won't find allies in Captain America, the Human Torch and the Winter Soldier. All three fought by Namor's side in World War II as the Invaders, but now they stand as enemies! Namor's deadly plans are as far-reaching as the ocean, and it's up to the Invaders to stop him - but what chance do they have against a former ally who knows all their wartime strategies and fighting tactics? Namor's secret history is revealed, the Torch is transformed - and the world is forever changed. But can Namor possibly be redeemed? Collecting NAMOR: THE BEST DEFENSE and INVADERS (2019) #1-12. Rated T+

My copy hasn't arrived, yet, but I went with the Alex Ross cover.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Still waiting on my copy as well. Ross cover. I don't get the Skottie love at all. *puke emoji*
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Still waiting on my copy as well. Ross cover. I don't get the Skottie love at all. *puke emoji*
    LOL! Well, I like Skottie Young's covers, they usually make me smile, but I LOVE Alex Ross, and I think he suits this story more.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I finally caught up, as in "I bought" the TPB of Tarot/Invaders/Avengers/Defenders and a little bit of the Fantastic Four, and was fairly pleased with it.

btw, I'm a long time Tarot card reader and do livestreams with free readings... somewhere else . . .

but the art and story were pretty good.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I finally caught up, as in "I bought" the TPB of Tarot/Invaders/Avengers/Defenders and a little bit of the Fantastic Four, and was fairly pleased with it.

btw, I'm a long time Tarot card reader and do livestreams with free readings... somewhere else . . .

but the art and story were pretty good.

Congrats! I enjoyed it. It was an old school adventure with nice art by Paul Renaud.

Coolness! I may have to pick your mind sometime in the future.

I didn't really get the title. I mean, Diablo was making cards, but they weren't tarot cards, IIRC. More like trading cards. Though that's not as good a title as Tarot. ;p

A nice pic from Instagram by Mike Belcher.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK1CdGqB..._web_copy_link

Oooh, Spitfire! I liked Jacqueline's inclusion into the team.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Love Spitfire — has she made an appearance in The Union? I know Union Jack is part of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oooh, Spitfire! I liked Jacqueline's inclusion into the team.
    Me too! I haven't seen her since Zdarsky's Invaders and that was really a cameo, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Love Spitfire — has she made an appearance in The Union? I know Union Jack is part of the team.
    No, sadly, not yet. Though there are only two issues out. And now that you've mentioned it, she might show up, given what happened to the "team" at the end of last issue. That would be awesome!

Extraordinary Member

Looking at the group shots and I notice a distinct lack of love for Toro.

Guy really got the short end of the stick after Bucky brought him back from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

Guy really got the short end of the stick after Bucky brought him back from the dead.
    Well, I believe Toro was 5'2" as a teenager and only 5'8" as an adult. So yeah, more on the short end of things.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well, I believe Toro was 5'2" as a teenager and only 5'8" as an adult. So yeah, more on the short end of things.
    oh...you got jokes...but...they are funny....

Bur really I am talking about how he got changed from mutant to inhuman.

There was The Torch series from 2016 when the Thinker...after studying Toro's genetics to understand him better...flat out confirms he is a mutant. But then Marvel decides to push the Inhumans and all of a sudden he was an inhuman.

oh...you got jokes...but...they are funny....

Bur really I am talking about how he got changed from mutant to inhuman.

There was The Torch series from 2016 when the Thinker...after studying Toro's genetics to understand him better...flat out confirms he is a mutant. But then Marvel decides to push the Inhumans and all of a sudden he was an inhuman.
    Sorry....could not resist. I will behave now.

I always thought Toro was a mutant. I had not heard about the Thinker checking him out nor Marvel making him an Inhuman. I do not like that. Toro will always be a mutant to me.

And I like how he was a mutant, yet not a well-known one on everybody's list of mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    A nice pic from Instagram by Mike Belcher.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK1CdGqB..._web_copy_link

Despite the "updatting" of Bucky's role in the Captain America mythos, started by Ed Brubaker, IMHO, the five above are THE Invaders line-up. A group of seasoned professionals. I'd love to see the continuation of the Invaders WWII adventures, maybe including the Golden Age Vision and another female member (perhaps a French national or a Russian, which could be eventually killed near the end of the war, after all, war is a serious business with deadly consequences).

Peace

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just reread Chip Z's Invaders and my thought is....I wish we had had more Spitfire and gotten some Union Jack.
    I realize those 12 issues were about establishing some more backstory on Namor's past just wish we had more Invaders.
    I also really don't like the new body for Jim, waiting for that to be fixed somewhere else.

We need a new Invaders project/book.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime