Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Wow. How'd I miss this awesome card! And the strategically placed wine glass. LOL!

This year has been very distracting for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well, we could always use a little Christmas, even in April! Besides the glass being strategically placed, it also looks like a pair of burgundy trunks.

Hopefully this year will be better for you. And I hope your allergies will calm down in the coming weeks too. Right now, they are raging.
    I didn't notice it til you mentioned it...but I am stuck with the thought the Namor is NOT wearing trunks and is walking around nekkid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I didn't notice it til you mentioned it...but I am stuck with the thought the Namor is NOT wearing trunks and is walking around nekkid.
    Well, ya know, Namor is definitely gonna flaunt it....maybe he had too much wine, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Well, we could always use a little Christmas, even in April! Besides the glass being strategically placed, it also looks like a pair of burgundy trunks.

Hopefully this year will be better for you. And I hope your allergies will calm down in the coming weeks too. Right now, they are raging.
    Me too! At least we had a nice rain to wash away some of the pollen this weekend.

Well, IIRC, Namor did have a pair of burgundy trunks back then, though ....

It doesn't help that both Cap and Torch are pointedly ignoring and looking away from Namor. O_O

Well, ya know, Namor is definitely gonna flaunt it....maybe he had too much wine, lol!
    LOL! It would definitely explain why he's drinking out of the bottle! I'm shocked! Shocked, I say.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Definitely excited for this Omnibus and from the contents it's going to be huge.
    I am too! I am a little concerned that the Omnibus may be too big. I'd have preferred two volumes, and the inclusion of a few other issues, like the Stern and Epting mini-series from Marvel Universe, but the way Marvel does things, we would have had to wait years for volume 2, IF we got it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

LMAO! Been there, done that!

Me too! At least we had a nice rain to wash away some of the pollen this weekend.

Well, IIRC, Namor did have a pair of burgundy trunks back then, though ....

LOL! It would definitely explain why he's drinking out of the bottle! I'm shocked! Shocked, I say.
    Yes, I remember those burgundy trunks from way back.....

LOL, I'm shocked that you are shocked, LOL. (Namor is a playful bad boy.)

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Ahaha, yes, I believe Namor goes "skinny-dippin" in his native element. Also, at some fast speeds, well, you just know those speedos get blown off.....LOL!

72732C72-7380-42D7-AE66-C776329D6279.jpg

That omnibus is going to look great on my shelf. I’ve never bought more than one cover for an omni, but I may have to make an exception for this.

And the reason I hunted down this thread ....

YES!!! It's an actual Invaders Omnibus! Start saving your pennies now.
    Only the first cover was actually by Frank Robbins. The second one (Invaders #3), if I'm not mistaken is by John Romita Sr., and the third (Invaders #20) is by Gil Kane (and is one of my favorite Marvel covers EVER). It may seem like nitpicking, but I really don't think a guy with the inside track from Marvel really should make these kind of mistakes.

Peace

And the reason I hunted down this thread ....

YES!!! It's an actual Invaders Omnibus! Start saving your pennies now.
    I so have to get this book!

I wonder how much it will be? Like $125? Ohh, going to start saving my pennies....

I so have to get this book!

I wonder how much it will be? Like $125? Ohh, going to start saving my pennies....
    Marvel Omni's usually run $125 but with the content in this one it has the makings of being the biggest Marvel Omnibus ever so I easily could see them bumping this up to $150. Either way I am definitely getting it but I do have concerns about the build of the book with this many issues included. We getting into DC Omnibus territory with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Marvel Omni's usually run $125 but with the content in this one it has the makings of being the biggest Marvel Omnibus ever so I easily could see them bumping this up to $150. Either way I am definitely getting it but I do have concerns about the build of the book with this many issues included. We getting into DC Omnibus territory with this one.
    Oh wow. I better start saving my dimes, then...!

How well do those Huge DC Omnis hold up?

Oh wow. I better start saving my dimes, then...!

How well do those Huge DC Omnis hold up?
    It can vary but a lot of times it's hard to keep those giant ones open.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

IIRC, they didn't know if this page would get by the editors. I don't think this was exactly how it appeared in the golden age book.

Ahaha, yes, I believe Namor goes "skinny-dippin" in his native element. Also, at some fast speeds, well, you just know those speedos get blown off.....LOL!
    Oh my. O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    72732C72-7380-42D7-AE66-C776329D6279.jpg

That omnibus is going to look great on my shelf. I’ve never bought more than one cover for an omni, but I may have to make an exception for this.
    What an awesome shelf! I need a Union Jack figure. I think the Bowen bust was really nice. Need to check that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Only the first cover was actually by Frank Robbins. The second one (Invaders #3), if I'm not mistaken is by John Romita Sr., and the third (Invaders #20) is by Gil Kane (and is one of my favorite Marvel covers EVER). It may seem like nitpicking, but I really don't think a guy with the inside track from Marvel really should make these kind of mistakes.

Peace
    I said the same thing. Can't quite figure out how anyone would mistake those three artists.