Page 101 of 110 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1638
  1. #1501
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4,579

    Default

    More than likely Magneto kills his “former grandson” so that he can be resurrected and recognized as a mutant.
    The Five can do this on Krakoa in less than an hour.

    Young Avengers fans do know that the X-Men can do that, right? If not, you know now.

    The Trial of Magneto will probably be because Magneto didn’t ask permission first.

  2. #1502
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    More than likely Magneto kills his “former grandson” so that he can be resurrected and recognized as a mutant.
    The Five can do this on Krakoa in less than an hour.

    Young Avengers fans do know that the X-Men can do that, right? If not, you know now.

    The Trial of Magneto will probably be because Magneto didn’t ask permission first.
    Not sure if this is ironic or not, but... that's a stupid way to get someone to be recognized as a mutant. They literally have a supercomputer that can track any mutant in the world by their genes... why the hell would Magneto feel the need to kill someone for that? It's just... dumb.

    Also, the whole issue about Tommy potentially dying is that WE DON'T KNOW if he is a mutant. His status is unclear, and the fact that he needed a krakoan flower to enter the party is a clear sign they don't see him as one of their own.

  3. #1503
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Not sure if this is ironic or not, but... that's a stupid way to get someone to be recognized as a mutant. They literally have a supercomputer that can track any mutant in the world by their genes... why the hell would Magneto feel the need to kill someone for that? It's just... dumb.

    Also, the whole issue about Tommy potentially dying is that WE DON'T KNOW if he is a mutant. His status is unclear, and the fact that he needed a krakoan flower to enter the party is a clear sign they don't see him as one of their own.
    There’s also the “Check on David, if he needs help” from the end of Hellions. May be pertaining to Prodigy.

  4. #1504
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,966

    Default

    https://twitter.com/_JulianHilliard/...94547598966785

    He's such a YA fanboy, bless his soul.

  5. #1505
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    65

    Default

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CQIfb2CD7y6/

    Jim Cheung posted a new Billy pic on his IG, it looks like it’s part of a new cover or print of the CC-era team and costumes.

  6. #1506
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    If Tommy was put into this just to die for Magneto, I'm going to be pretty mad at this.

  7. #1507
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    If Tommy was put into this just to die for Magneto, I'm going to be pretty mad at this.
    Magneto’s left the gala, and is currently in space with the other Omega level mutants.

    So he’s no where near Tommy now.

  8. #1508
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CQIfb2CD7y6/

    Jim Cheung posted a new Billy pic on his IG, it looks like it’s part of a new cover or print of the CC-era team and costumes.
    It's a cover for The Children's Crusade. You can tell Wiccan, Hulkling, Patriot and Spider-Man are all in the exact same position as they are on that cover. The only difference is the little Billy sketch. I guess he did it as a commission or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Magneto’s left the gala, and is currently in space with the other Omega level mutants.

    So he’s no where near Tommy now.
    Well, we DO know someone dies regardless. Even if Magneto doesn't actually kill anyone, it looks like he at least will be taking the fall for it.

  9. #1509
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    273

    Default

    According to the GOTG #15 preview, Teddy and Billy are skipping the Hellfire Gala. Al Ewing, once again thwarting another awkward family(?) reunion for the Kaplan-Altman family lmao!

    https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/06/17/...the-galaxy-15/

  10. #1510
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    According to the GOTG #15 preview, Teddy and Billy are skipping the Hellfire Gala. Al Ewing, once again thwarting another awkward family(?) reunion for the Kaplan-Altman family lmao!

    https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/06/17/...the-galaxy-15/
    Also, confirmation that they're not attending because there is bad blood between Krakoa and The Alliance. Love me some juicy drama! But I'm glad Ewing is being consistent about this. He already implied Teddy wasn't happy about Krakoa's treatment of Wanda, so I think it's fair that they would skip the event because of this.

    Which really just begs the question... why the fuck is Tommy there? It's frustrating that he's thrown in X-Factor so people can gush about Thinkfast, but there doesn't seem to be any critical analysis of how he's being received in mutant territory when his family is obviously not on good terms with Krakoa. It's like he's just seen as a part of a ship and not an actual character with development of his own, you know? And I don't like that. Unless he turns out to be the one murdered for political reasons..... but that's not what I want when I say I want development. LOL

  11. #1511
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Also, confirmation that they're not attending because there is bad blood between Krakoa and The Alliance. Love me some juicy drama! But I'm glad Ewing is being consistent about this. He already implied Teddy wasn't happy about Krakoa's treatment of Wanda, so I think it's fair that they would skip the event because of this.

    Which really just begs the question... why the fuck is Tommy there? It's frustrating that he's thrown in X-Factor so people can gush about Thinkfast, but there doesn't seem to be any critical analysis of how he's being received in mutant territory when his family is obviously not on good terms with Krakoa. It's like he's just seen as a part of a ship and not an actual character with development of his own, you know? And I don't like that. Unless he turns out to be the one murdered for political reasons..... but that's not what I want when I say I want development. LOL
    Well Trevor clearly snuck him so at the least Leah is making it clear Tommy isn't supposed to be there. The only thing not clear is his feelings on the whole situation as we know he communicates with M-Day Victims, him & David are going strong & he pops over whenever he pleases I can't get a sense of how he feels about the pretender shit it's honestly annoying.

    Meanwhile you got Billy who I fully believe is the main 1 with the issue highly convinced he's in Teddy's ear about this situation. It's honestly intriguing how the twins have different feelings on this matter & Wanda's overall legacy amongst mutants. I think Billy relates more to her on this which is why he's so pro-wanda while Tommy is sitting neutral due to David.

  12. #1512
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    69,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well Trevor clearly snuck him so at the least Leah is making it clear Tommy isn't supposed to be there. The only thing not clear is his feelings on the whole situation as we know he communicates with M-Day Victims, him & David are going strong & he pops over whenever he pleases I can't get a sense of how he feels about the pretender shit it's honestly annoying.

    Meanwhile you got Billy who I fully believe is the main 1 with the issue highly convinced he's in Teddy's ear about this situation. It's honestly intriguing how the twins have different feelings on this matter & Wanda's overall legacy amongst mutants. I think Billy relates more to her on this which is why he's so pro-wanda while Tommy is sitting neutral due to David.
    Honestly that also feels kind of evocative of how Wanda and Pietro both had differing takes on their mutanhood and Magneto.

  13. #1513
    Ultimate Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    10,116

    Default

    RE Krakoa: Putting it verrrrrry simply, I think its just that Billy, since the Children's Crusade, isn't down with the hate for Wanda among the mutant community. Whether he's aware of the escalation on Krakoa is anyone's guess. She DID try to resurrect Genosha's casualties resulting in an alarming zombie situation, and whether THAT is public knowledge, or even reached Billy's orbit is also anyone's guess.

    As for Tommy, his motivation is very clear to me: He wants to be with David.
    Last edited by Fokken; 06-18-2021 at 05:39 AM.

  14. #1514
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Preview for the Pride issue!!! The BillyTeddy story is called "The Vows" and it seems like the Tommy and David story is about David's origins!

    https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...mpression=true

  15. #1515
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,184

    Default

    Let me guess David's origin starts with his boyfriends mom erasing all that he was, leaving him with all he absorbed including a thirst for men, which he embraced by stealing a kiss from his BF's Twins, BF since high school, before eventually falling for his BF.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •