Page 32 of 141 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Last episode made me so happy their spoilers:
    little costumes and them getting their powers almost brought a tear to my eye
    end of spoilers
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

(Don't click if you don't want spoilers for WandaVision 1x06)

https://twitter.com/itsjustanx/statu...85783232548867

I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS MOMENT.

spoilers:
    I love how it looks like Billy ''absorbs'' Tommy's speed. Not sure if absorb is the right word here, but he's definitely able to null his brother's powers somehow. THE BLUE ENERGY SIGNATURE!!!!! We better get an action scene with them.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No it won't, because the Champions book is still being published and therefore Kamala and Riri aren't available.
    For now.

I fully expect them to be Young Avengers, or for the MCU teen franchise to be Champions, before long. MCU will dictate.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

It was nice seeing the twins coming into their characters more .

spoilers:
    Thinking about how that leaked script from the audition of one of the twins actually ended up being used almost word-by-word in the show.

Which also makes me think............ that OTHER part of the audition where Tommy feels sad about not being able to protect Billy from being attacked by someone...... that might get used too. I'M NOT READY TO SEE MY BABY BILLY GETTING BULLIED, OH LORD.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Am I the only one that thinks that Billy is nervous around "Pietro" because he knows, probably subconsciously/mystically, that Pietro is something else? It would also work as a subtle nod to his sudden clairvoyance later with Vision. And remember that Tommy says that Billy thinks Pietro is a vampire. I don't want to give into memes, but I also think that might be a big giveaway to this Pietro being a Mephisto-like being, draining Wanda somehow.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

We have now seen Peitro and Tommy interact more then in any of the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScarlet View Post
    spoilers:
    Am I the only one that thinks that Billy is nervous around "Pietro" because he knows, probably subconsciously/mystically, that Pietro is something else? It would also work as a subtle nod to his sudden clairvoyance later with Vision. And remember that Tommy says that Billy thinks Pietro is a vampire. I don't want to give into memes, but I also think that might be a big giveaway to this Pietro being a Mephisto-like being, draining Wanda somehow.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There's definitely something up with Pietro considering that he's played by his actor from the X-Men films instead of the actor from Age of Ultron.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    We have now seen Peitro and Tommy interact more then in any of the comics.
    They had some good interaction in the Children's Crusade.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah Tommy gets a raw deal in the comics. Even now his development recently has just been going from "He's Billy's brother!" To "He's David's boyfriend!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yeah Tommy gets a raw deal in the comics. Even now his development recently has just been going from "He's Billy's brother!" To "He's David's boyfriend!"
    Maybe that comes from his Billy and Teddy being pushed to the forefront as a couple...as well as Billy was the one who was all "Wanda's my mommy!!! Don't pick on her!!!!" to get Wanda returned to circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScarlet View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, there is definitely something sus going on with that Pietro. This episode gave us several hints of that, and I wouldn't be shocked if Billy ends up being the key to figure out exactly who he is. I can't wait to see what they do with his powers next!
    end of spoilers

I get really sad at that, seeing as Tommy is my favorite marvel character. I hope he gets more comics appearances now that he is in the MCU. If they´re not gonna make a new Young Avengers series they might as well let him join some X-team already.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by President Togekiss View Post
    I get really sad at that, seeing as Tommy is my favorite marvel character. I hope he gets more comics appearances now that he is in the MCU. If they´re not gonna make a new Young Avengers series they might as well let him join some X-team already.
    It is amusing to me how Marvel and DC kind of tiptoe around each other's signature stuff. Marvel has crap all for speedsters, and DC really grooves on them. Ditto DC loves them some solid-energy-construct creators with the Green Lanterns, and Marvel kind of flirts around with Quasar and Songbird, but they don't get nearly as much play. Meanwhile Marvel goes all in on the telepaths, and psi in general, and DC, not so much...

Meanwhile, play any superhero RPG, and the speedster is a *classic.* It's one of the three movement powers in DC Online, and was one of the four in City of Heroes (along with Flight, Teleportation and Super-Jumping). And they're running all over (pun intended) various Independent company teams, like some of the Wildstorm and Image teams (Crimson, Velocity, Windsprint, Serge, Killjoy).

With such limited use of Quicksilver, and older characters like the Whizzer and Spitfire being mostly retired/dead/out of service, Speed has a real niche that he could fill, since Marvel has so few speedsters running around. (That said, I'm not a 'Speed Force' fan and would prefer if he stuck to running around the speed of sound, and not like, ludicrous speed. Nor am I a fan of too directly copying stuff from DC, so I'm not in love with the whole 'vibrate my molecules to phase through walls' stunt, even if he's done it in the past. At the very least, I'd want a unique explanation for how he does it, like something to do with moving between the quantum juxtapositions of matter, when one component phases out of this reality to be replaced by another, he somehow slips through in the gap, or some such technobabble nonsense that isn't a direct copy of DC's technobabble nonsense.)

Seeing Billy and Tommy play around with their powers gave me such warm feelings inside. Feels so surreal going from the comics to the "big screen." This ain't even the beginning!