Page 66 of 141 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    An adopted child wouldn't be eligible for the throne. Also, would the Alliance approve of an heir who was 1/4 Skrull, 1/4 Kree, and 1/2 Earthling?
    We don't really know much about the current eligibility rules of the Alliance, though. The Kree never had a royal family, and yet they had no apparent issue accepting Teddy as their king even though that would go against centuries of their own culture. So who's to say an adopted child can't be accepted in this new Kree/Skrull world order? The writers can make anything happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, it could work if they are just a "normal" couple.
    But Teddy is an Emperor now, and this role will naturally needs an heir. Of course the sliding timeline will effectively make Teddy and Billy ageless. But there will be some outer push for Teddy to have biological offspring I think.
    What's the life expectancy of a skrull cause I kind of figured with both their power sets age is legit just a number for Billy & Teddy, Billy we know becomes a god who seemingly exist outside the normal constrictions of time & Teddy can look however he pleases whether they need an heir seems debatable.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    We don't really know much about the current eligibility rules of the Alliance, though. The Kree never had a royal family, and yet they had no apparent issue accepting Teddy as their king even though that would go against centuries of their own culture. So who's to say an adopted child can't be accepted in this new Kree/Skrull world order? The writers can make anything happen.
    Plus, isn't the whole point of characters like Hulkling to reject outdated traditions?

An adopted child wouldn't be eligible for the throne. Also, would the Alliance approve of an heir who was 1/4 Skrull, 1/4 Kree, and 1/2 Earthling?
    The Skree are gonna be bothered 1 way or another that's unavoidable. Why do you assume an adopted child wouldn't be eligible for the throne. If Teddy puts he/she/they in the line of succession he/she/they is eligible that's how it worked in the days of old.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, that's odd. 616 Cassie has two codenames, Stature and Stinger. She was never Giant-Girl. In YA vol 1 she did initially suggest the name Ant-Girl, but became Stature instead because she wasn't able to obtain her father's helmet and thus lacked the ability to control ants (a power she only gained when she became Stinger much later). I thought maybe they confused her with her Ultimate counterpart, but she was Giant-Woman and then Stature.

The only person actually called Giant-Girl is actually Marvel Adventures Janet van Dyne.

"An adopted child wouldn't be eligible for the throne." laughs in Imperial Roman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Why not just create a mix of Teddy's and Billy's DNA and put it in a Skrull egg that has had it's DNA wiped from it to create a mix of their DNA for a biological kid.
    So like Xandra? https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Xandr...ni_(Earth-616)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I was thinking of something I read years ago that cloning a human would require taking an egg and wiping the DNA out of it, putting in the donor DNA sample and then implanting the egg into a surrogate to carry to birth....

But the works too.

Fantastic Member

Teddy was only accepted as ruler by both sides, because he is biologically related to both races. It wouldn't make sense for them to then accept any random adopted kid as legitimate heir to the throne. The kid should either be a genetical child of Teddy, or at the very least to be also half-Skrull/half-Kree. And from in-universe point of view Teddy likely don't have much choice in this, same as most of the historical royalty - you either have a legitimate heir (or better several of them), or prepare for civil unrest. Especially in a newly created alliance that is still fragile and can be easily broken from inside. It seems possible that both races would demand him to have a biological child and bring some Kree and Skrull women for him to impregnate. But on the other hand, I think the Kree/Skrull alliance would be broken anyway in a yet another big event some years later, so Teddy would never need to consider legitimacy of heir.

But speaking of Kree, does he inherited any powers from Mar-Vell? I only remember him ever using Skrull's shape-shifting, but nothing from his Kree side.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Teddy was only accepted as ruler by both sides, because he is biologically related to both races. It wouldn't make sense for them to then accept any random adopted kid as legitimate heir to the throne. The kid should either be a genetical child of Teddy, or at the very least to be also half-Skrull/half-Kree. And from in-universe point of view Teddy likely don't have much choice in this, same as most of the historical royalty - you either have a legitimate heir (or better several of them), or prepare for civil unrest. Especially in a newly created alliance that is still fragile and can be easily broken from inside. It seems possible that both races would demand him to have a biological child and bring some Kree and Skrull women for him to impregnate. But on the other hand, I think the Kree/Skrull alliance would be broken anyway in a yet another big event some years later, so Teddy would never need to consider legitimacy of heir.

But speaking of Kree, does he inherited any powers from Mar-Vell? I only remember him ever using Skrull's shape-shifting, but nothing from his Kree side.
    If he's emperor, can't he just change the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    If he's emperor, can't he just change the rules?
    He could & if it ever gets to that point & it most likely won't. Adding a child to the line of succession is child's play & likely just signing papers why people are acting like it's impossible doesn't make sense to me.
    Last edited by Journey; 04-11-2021 at 09:58 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    He could & if it ever gets to that point most likely will. Adding a child to the line of succession is child's play & likely just signing papers why people are acting like it's impossible doesn't make sense to me.
    Honestly, how many people actually want these characters to have kids? Especially when people don't seem to age fast enough to be grandparents in this universe. And he many not even be emperor forever.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

If we're talking about things that don't make sense... Realistically speaking, there would've been a huge pushback against Teddy becoming sole emperor of two huge societies that have existed for centuries. The fact that he was biologically related to Kree/Skrulls wouldn't automatically make him accepted, considering the Dorrek line hadn't been ruling for decades now. People who swore loyalty to other emperors (like Veranke and Kl'rt) surely would've had an issue with this boy just coming out of the blue and taking the throne. And even the people who blindly followed the Dorrek family would be bigoted as ****, since Dorrek VII tried to have Teddy murdered as a baby for being a hybrid. All of that discrimination suddenly disappeared with no explanation. And like I said, the Kree had no reason to serve Teddy, 'cause they didn't even believe in royalty before, and to top it off, Mar-Vell was considered a traitor to the Kree due to his allegiance to Earth and humans, and he died decades ago. So it's not even like he came from a family that was currently being all that respected in Kree (or Skrull) society. Do we really think that someone like Yon-Rogg, who hated Mar's guts, or many other extremist Kree soldiers would've been on board with a Vell offspring just running the show? There was a literal civil war between the Kree, who were divided into two huge factions, before Teddy took over, and he managed to get both sides to just settle down by becoming emperor without even trying.

Let's be real: there was nothing realistic about how Teddy rose to power. As much as I like the idea, the execution required a lot of suspension of disbelief. So I'm not sure why people are drawing the line at him having adopted children, as if he couldn't just change the rules to his will like he has literally done until now to make everyone accept him as emperor. And even if they didn't accept it, why are we assuming Teddy wants to let his family rule the Alliance forever? Maybe he doesn't. Maybe after everything is in order, he plans on installing some democratic system in Kree/Skrull society so people can choose their rulers after he's gone. I could totally see him doing something like that as a way to improve their society and prevent tyrants like his grandparents to be put in undeserving positions of power.

I think the official divide of his powers is that he gets the shapeshifting and healing factor from the Skrull side, and more basic stuff like peak strength/speed/stamina from the Kree side. As for more specific Kree powersets, like Mar's energy/cosmic based powers, no, Teddy never showed any of that on his own like his siblings. However, he does get some extra energy-absorbing abilities when using Excelsior, and we know that is connected to his DNA (he is the only one who can control the sword), so maybe his Kree side plays into that.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-11-2021 at 11:57 PM.

Ultimate Member

Mar-Vell's powers came from multiple sources, including some biological enhancements, the nega-bands, and a cosmic gift of awareness from Eon, so really, there's not a ton to 'pass on.'

My fanon is that Teddy has low-level super-strength (not Thor, but more than Captain America, around early Luke Cage / Tigra / perhaps even Spider-Man? levels), and toughness, and can metabolize enough sunlight to levitate a bit (explaining why his dinky little shapeshifted wings can get his twunk ass off the ground), but not outright fly (without wings) like Mar-Vell could. But no energy blasts (that was all nega-bands) or cosmic awareness (that was all Eon, whom he's never met).

That said, Genis and Phyla Vell have mysteriously 'inherited' some energy manipulation powers that Mar-Vell *never freaking had,* so I have no idea if Marvel has just quietly decided to ignore the nega-bands entirely and say that Mar-Vell had their powers natively and they were just fancy wrist-bling.

Same sort of weirdness with Carol Danvers. A weird energy treatment gives her 'powers like Captain Mar-Vell,' only she can do stuff that he needed tech and the favor of a cosmic entity to do? Whatever.

It's like Silk and her 'I got bit by a radioactive spider, so I can make webs from my fingertips, even though that's actually a thing Spider-Man does with web-shooters he built...' Right. And I took the super-soldier serum and an indestructible shield mysteriously grew out of my arm!

At least Carol's been explained now. Her powers never came from Mar-Vell - the Psyche Magnetron only activated dormant powers she inherited from her mother, who she didn't know at the time was the same race as Mar-Vell.

Do Genis and Phyla have a mother? The energy powers could be from her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Mar-Vell's powers came from multiple sources, including some biological enhancements, the nega-bands, and a cosmic gift of awareness from Eon, so really, there's not a ton to 'pass on.'

My fanon is that Teddy has low-level super-strength (not Thor, but more than Captain America, around early Luke Cage / Tigra / perhaps even Spider-Man? levels), and toughness, and can metabolize enough sunlight to levitate a bit (explaining why his dinky little shapeshifted wings can get his twunk ass off the ground), but not outright fly (without wings) like Mar-Vell could. But no energy blasts (that was all nega-bands) or cosmic awareness (that was all Eon, whom he's never met).

That said, Genis and Phyla Vell have mysteriously 'inherited' some energy manipulation powers that Mar-Vell *never freaking had,* so I have no idea if Marvel has just quietly decided to ignore the nega-bands entirely and say that Mar-Vell had their powers natively and they were just fancy wrist-bling.

Same sort of weirdness with Carol Danvers. A weird energy treatment gives her 'powers like Captain Mar-Vell,' only she can do stuff that he needed tech and the favor of a cosmic entity to do? Whatever.

It's like Silk and her 'I got bit by a radioactive spider, so I can make webs from my fingertips, even though that's actually a thing Spider-Man does with web-shooters he built...' Right. And I took the super-soldier serum and an indestructible shield mysteriously grew out of my arm!
    They are part Titan Eternal, maybe it's from that side?