Page 31 of 141 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    To me Young Avengers should be that...young and part of an Avengers legacy. Most of the original cast has moved on. Having said that...I do think some of the original members should be there...Kate, Eli and Cassie...maybe Jonas in a new, less advanced body...along with new members. And down the line when some of them move on it may be Cassie and 2 or 3 of this new roster who assemble a new team of Avengers legacy characters.

As well...imagine if Hercules or Namor had a kid who was nearly as powerful as them...and would be their equal when they reached adulthood...who hated their father for pretty much abandoning them.
    I feel there are plenty of Young legacy out there. A resurrected Phobos/Alexander could fill that powerset role for them. If there are original it should be the ones who haven't got much spot light.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The full Guardians Cast is known and I am so excited!! Ewing stays scalping my ass!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...26813443715073

I was already excited just for my favorite royal couple, but now we got so much posibility!! More Noh & Teddy interaction which I find fun, preferably a continuance on Noh & Hercules I kind of like that couple, Teddy gets to meet his sister! Ewing is the king of continuity so with Doom there think of all the drama still there form Children's Crusade, I really hope for some interactions between him and Billy just imagine, even if they squash beef and he becomes like a mentor almost like Loki was OMG the possibilities!! Just what a time to be a YA fan got WandaVision, Hawkeye, & now Guardians just keeps getting better!
    I was a bit ''meh'' about Doom joining the team at first, but now that you mention it.... yeah, it should be interesting to see his interactions with Billy. And their connection actually goes deeper than that, because Ewing actually wrote a very interesting AU future story in which Doom loses his magic powers because of the Demiurge (yeah, Billy's Demiurge). And knowing Ewing, I wonder if he'll find a way to reference this story here. I would love some deeper exploration of Billy's Demiurge destiny.

I wonder since Ewing writes both S.W.O.R.D. and this & he wrote Empyre is Guardians transitioning to like a S.W.O.R.D. type position maybe to even counteract them? I only say this due to the uniforms. (Also love the side bonus that the royals don't have to wear that **** perks of beings kings amongst peasants love that for them) I say all this to say at the end of Empyre we see Teddy gets betrayed and I wonder if that's by the Guardian's with Doom on the roster the idea seems and more logical it's also a solid explanation on why Billy wasn't seemingly there Doom has always been a solid match for him.
    I was hoping the whole Empyre thing was just a big misunderstanding and no one actually betrayed or left Teddy high and dry. But if it really happened, yeah, I hope it's something related to Doom instead of his family and friends doing something bad. Wouldn't be the first time Doom is thrown under the bus in a Young Avengers story. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    If they give Teddy a new codename, it has to be mixable with Wiccan, we've had Wickling for so long already. From Empyre he was pretty adamant about just being called Teddy, so maybe they'll just keep with that to keep it simple.
    Him wanting to be called Teddy during Empyre was more about the fact that he didn't want to be referred to as Dorrek, not about his superhero codename.

As for their shipname... if I had my way, Teddy would be Mr. Marvel, Billy would be Sapphire Mage, and their new shipname would be.... SapphireMarvel. A mouthful, yes, but it has the same vibes as ScarletVision, which is probably my favorite Marvel shipname.

And just to explain, Sapphire Mage is my way of making Billy a Scarlet Witch legacy, but in his own way. I want him to take on a [color] + [title] name like Wanda (specially since that was explained to be kind of a big deal among witches in her solo book), but I don't want him to just copy Wanda's grandfather's Scarlet Warlock monicker, because on top of the fact that Billy has already stated he doesn't like the Warlock name, I think it would make more sense for him to name himself after a color that actually represents his powers, so sapphire, a shade of blue.

So, WandaVision!

spoilers:
    The twins have their powers! I really thought they were going with Tommy having super-speed because of Vision since they just suddenly added/emphasized that, but no, the effect is like Pietro and, this episode has a bunch of good uncle/nephew moments between them! Billy's powers manifesting was really cool, I like that he got to be a bit more serious, and the part where he just stops Tommy is super cool.

Kinda sad Tommy was dressed like Pietro and not in green though.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    As for their shipname... if I had my way, Teddy would be Mr. Marvel, Billy would be Sapphire Mage, and their new shipname would be.... SapphireMarvel. A mouthful, yes, but it has the same vibes as ScarletVision, which is probably my favorite Marvel shipname.

And just to explain, Sapphire Mage is my way of making Billy a Scarlet Witch legacy, but in his own way. I want him to take on a [color] + [title] name like Wanda (specially since that was explained to be kind of a big deal among witches in her solo book), but I don't want him to just copy Wanda's grandfather's Scarlet Warlock monicker, because on top of the fact that Billy has already stated he doesn't like the Warlock name, I think it would make more sense for him to name himself after a color that actually represents his powers, so sapphire, a shade of blue.
    I feel like Sapphire Mage is not a very... Idk, it doesn't roll off the tongue. Sapphire Wizard? Sounds a bit better to me and keeps the Wi like Wiccan and Witch. Either way I don't think Billy's codename is gonna change.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Red Warlock?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Red Warlock?
    Billy said once that he doesn't like the word Warlock.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wasn’t one of Wanda’s enemies the Emerald Warlock?

And if I remember well, it was in the New Avengers run of Ewing, when Power Man bitched at him for using the codename of Wiccan. So he is not going to use a Warlock name in the Guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Him wanting to be called Teddy during Empyre was more about the fact that he didn't want to be referred to as Dorrek, not about his superhero codename.
    Besides, Dorrek is exclusively a Skrull name. He wanted to use a name that would suit both sides. His human name Teddy fits the bill as it's of neither Skrull nor Kree origin and is therefore neutral. The alternative would be Dorrek-Vell, since as the son of Mar-Vell, Vell would be his Kree surname (he doesn't actually have a full Kree name, of course).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Serious question. With Billy, Teddy, and Noh Var in space, would you accept a Young Avengers comic this year, taking place on Earth?

With a lineup of Kate, America, Tommy, Eli, Cassie and maybe the Ramone siblings or someone new?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Serious question. With Billy, Teddy, and Noh Var in space, would you accept a Young Avengers comic this year, taking place on Earth?

With a lineup of Kate, America, Tommy, Eli, Cassie and maybe the Ramone siblings or someone new?
    If we get someone like that, it'll include more of the Champion kids. A mish mash of the two YA rosters and the Champions. That's the MCU version of the YA I see coming down the tracks. Not fully one or the other, but using characters from both with a door for others to jump in or out for guest spots of spin offs. So it makes sense to start promoting a comic with a similar line up.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Extraordinary Member

I keep forgetting Johnny Watts and Ramone are children of a Dora Milaje. So technically they represent Wakanda thus Black Panther franchise.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 02-12-2021 at 10:53 AM.

I'd live the first version of the team you suggested they don't need new members.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean with so many of them having been part of groups or teams on par with the actual Avengers IDK why they'd go back to being Young Avengers other than branding.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    If we get someone like that, it'll include more of the Champion kids. A mish mash of the two YA rosters and the Champions. That's the MCU version of the YA I see coming down the tracks. Not fully one or the other, but using characters from both with a door for others to jump in or out for guest spots of spin offs. So it makes sense to start promoting a comic with a similar line up.
    No it won't, because the Champions book is still being published and therefore Kamala and Riri aren't available.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So, WandaVision!

spoilers:
    The twins have their powers! I really thought they were going with Tommy having super-speed because of Vision since they just suddenly added/emphasized that, but no, the effect is like Pietro and, this episode has a bunch of good uncle/nephew moments between them! Billy's powers manifesting was really cool, I like that he got to be a bit more serious, and the part where he just stops Tommy is super cool.

Kinda sad Tommy was dressed like Pietro and not in green though.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm still fanboying over them using their powers! Marvel is NOT holding back on the Young Avengers references, and I'm LIVING for that. It was also great to see their personalities more fleshed out in this episode, and yep, they are exactly like we thought they would be.

Can we talk about that casual ''demon spawns'' line they dropped there? I CLUNCHED MY PEARLS! At one point I was thinking that maybe people were reading too much into the show and maybe we wouldn't get the Mephisto stuff after all, but like.... that CANNOT be a coincidence.

I SCREAMED when Tommy said ''speed''. I would've loved if they had found a way to include the word ''wiccan'' in there somehow too.

My one complaint, though, is that they didn't credit Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung in their special thanks part of the credits, and they absolutely should've because it's pretty damn clear this episode took A LOT of elements from Young Avengers comics to adapt the twins. From the Wiccan costume to the specific powers they displayed in the show. They credit Tom King and Gabriel Walta because of one fucking dog, but they can't credit the people who gave them their entire template for the twins? Come on, Marvel!
    end of spoilers

Also, one week 'till we MAYBE find out who's playing their teen versions! I've noticed IMDB lists Julian and Jett as being in 5 episodes, which means they would still be kids all the way to episode 9, but I'm hoping it's just wrong (like they were wrong for listing Emma Caulfield for episode 6 when she wasn't there). I mean, I guess I could live with them being kids 'till the last episode IF they are planning to use the last episode as a special reveal of who's playing their teen selves as a tease for a future Young Avengers production, but I obviously would prefer if we got more episodes/screentime of them as teens, so we'd get a better taste of how Wiccan and Speed could be like. What I REALLY don't want is the show ending with them just being kids, and us having to wait until lord knows when to find out who's playing their older selves. It's going to be torture and I just wanna know right now.

I feel like Sapphire Mage is not a very... Idk, it doesn't roll off the tongue. Sapphire Wizard? Sounds a bit better to me and keeps the Wi like Wiccan and Witch. Either way I don't think Billy's codename is gonna change.
    The Mage was really just to replace the Warlock title, but it could be anything. Sapphire Wizard works too. Sapphire Sorcerer, maybe. Sapphire Witch even, just to emphasize the connection to Scarlet Witch. And yeah, at this point I don't see them changing his codename either, but I think they should consider it, specially if Teddy gets a new codename that feels more appropriate to his Captain Marvel legacy. I would just like Billy to have something like that to his legacy too, you know?

I would accept a Young Avengers book at any time because I'm desperate, LOL. I would absolutely still add Billy and Teddy to the team, though. I don't even care if they're in another book. But if I absolutely could not get that, then yeah, I could accept a book without them as long as we have other Young Avengers getting the spotlight and B&T are getting the spotlight somewhere else. Like I said... I'm just desperate. I need ANYTHING with the Young Avengers name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean with so many of them having been part of groups or teams on par with the actual Avengers IDK why they'd go back to being Young Avengers other than branding.
    Branding is all the reason they need, really. Marvel needs to start farming that IP for the MCU sooner or later. As for in-universe reason, they can just say the Young Avengers ARE an actual Avengers team who IS treated as such by the Avengers/general population and there you go, problem solved. No need to act like being a part of the team is somehow lesser than.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-12-2021 at 03:57 PM.