Page 38 of 141 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Anyone think they might put Florence Pugh's Yelena on the Young Avengers team?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So, I was looking at the comics which had a price surge thanks to WandaVision:

Young Avengers #1 with the first appearance of Billy Kaplan, Wiccan, and Kate Bishop, CGC 9.5 Wizard World LA VIP just sold for $2477. or a measly $380 raw. While Young Avengers #1 standard CGC 9.8 $620. or $280 raw.

Young Avengers #10 with the first appearance of Tommy Shephard, Speed, (and Kate Bishop as Hawkeye) CGC 9.8 tops $300 or $100 raw.
    And you realize how Tommy is done dirty when even his debut issue is less valuable than Billy's. D:

And speaking of sales, Avengers: The Children's Crusade is currently at #5 in the Marvel Comics Bestsellers on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller..._zg_hrsr_books

Looking at the other books in the top 50, you can clearly tell WandaVision heavily influenced the charts. That just goes to show how fucking DUMB Marvel is for not publishing new books headlined by Wanda, Vision and the Young Avengers right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    At the moment, I don't see any reason to believe so. That'll depend on how old the character is and how exactly her connection to the Black Widow legacy is portrayed. If it's anything like in the comics, then I don't expect her to be in a traditionally heroic team like the Young Avengers. But then again, they're already changing a lot about the character by making her Nat's ''sister'' in the MCU... so who knows where they're taking the character? I am interested in what her role in the Hawkeye show will be like, though, and if she's gonna have any dynamic with Kate, and how that would mirror the Clint/Natasha dynamic. I actually like the idea of them being more antagonistic towards each other rather than teammates. Maybe Yelena could be in the MCU's Young Masters instead.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-28-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Too old for a YA....but that is just my $0.02.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Too old for a YA....but that is just my $0.02.
    That is true for the comic book character, but in fairness, we don't know about MCU Yelena. Florence is literally the same age as Hailee, so that makes it possible their characters could be around the same age as well in that universe. We'll have to wait and see.

Extraordinary Member

No she’s going to Thunderbolts

She is going to be put on the Thunderbolts team instead.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    No she’s going to Thunderbolts
    Has she had any history with them in the comics? I don't know much about Yelena.

Spectacular Member Dominick1216's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Has she had any history with them in the comics? I don't know much about Yelena.
    The only thing I remember about Yelena being "associated" with the Thunderbolts in the comics is Natasha joined the team and pretended she was Yelena. Yelena herself has never been on the team IIRC.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick1216 View Post
    The only thing I remember about Yelena being "associated" with the Thunderbolts in the comics is Natasha joined the team and pretended she was Yelena. Yelena herself has never been on the team IIRC.
    Ok. I guess we've seen the MCU is already changing things around with her.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Loving the promo posts for America and Billy and Teddy's books from today!!! Remember everyone to support them on Wednesday!

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/13...067630597?s=19

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/13...009098752?s=19

FAMILY SERVE!!!!! But for real, I hope we get special effects JUST like these. I need to see Billy's blue energy signature more, since they focused more on his telepathy/clairvoyance so far. And now that Tommy is wearing green, I'm assuming the special effects for his speed will actually look his comic book color. CAN'T WAIT!

(Edit by @wandalmatian on Twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Loving the promo posts for America and Billy and Teddy's books from today!!! Remember everyone to support them on Wednesday!

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/13...067630597?s=19

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/13...009098752?s=19
    I wish they would've released a trailer + interview for KIB:W&H too, but I guess that might've been too much for what's just a one-shot. Either way, any promo is welcome!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick1216 View Post
    She was supposed to be at one point though. Norman Osborn had the real Yelena in a stasis tube and announced his intention for her to be part of the group....and then the writer changed and that was promptly forgotten.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    She was supposed to be at one point though. Norman Osborn had the real Yelena in a stasis tube and announced his intention for her to be part of the group....and then the writer changed and that was promptly forgotten.
    Haha, that's crazy. Maybe they'll do a version of that in the MCU (without forgetting it of course)

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...-3-characters/

Interestingly, the main antagonist of the Secret Invasion show will be an older male. That rules out Veranke and, as the website speculates, means they could be replacing her with Dorrek VII, since he is the other known emperor villain of the Skrull Empire. If Dorrek's in the show, then obviously that's just one step closer to Teddy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...-3-characters/

Interestingly, the main antagonist of the Secret Invasion show will be an older male. That rules out Veranke and, as the website speculates, means they could be replacing her with Dorrek VII, since he is the other known emperor villain of the Skrull Empire. If Dorrek's in the show, then obviously that's just one step closer to Teddy.
    Isn't Veranke the most prominent Skrull villain?