Page 98 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2114
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    (Not yet, as far as I've seen, ant control, although Drops of Venus apparently knows more than I do about this...).
    There was this line on The Astonishing Ant-Man in which the Power Broker (I think it was him) explains that this new tech for her Stinger suit gives her power over >THOUSANDS< of different insect species, so she has a much more diverse pool of animal life to choose from than Ant-Man. But I don't think any writer remembered that after that series. Still, it's a pretty big feat that could be explored in the future.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    As just Ant-Man, Hank had shrinking and ant control, while Wasp had shrinking, flight, wrist-dart-needle-thingies (later turned to an electric blast from her wrist-blasters, and then a force blast super-power that she just had for some reason I don't remember) and, rarely ever used, also ant control. Hank later added electric-blasts to his helmet, but Scott Lang was wearing it by then, as he'd gone off to explore Giant-Man and Yellowjacket identities.

As Stature, Cassie has demonstrated growth and shrinking, and as Stinger, flight, shrinking and electric zaps. (Not yet, as far as I've seen, ant control, although Drops of Venus apparently knows more than I do about this...). And while the growth and shrinking are actual powers from some sort of internalized Pym particles, the flight and zaps are properties of the suit she wears as Stinger, and, not yet at least, actual super-powers like Janet's, as far as I know.)
    Insect communication for Ant-Man (Hank and Scott) as well as Cassie as Stinger are not a power...but thru their helmet. And that is also a question I have about Cassie..what is internal and what is tech??

The helmet allows her to communicate with insects. The suit grants her flight. The gauntlets are weaponized. And her size changing is attributed to the pym particle exposure, IIRC.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    There was this line on The Astonishing Ant-Man in which the Power Broker (I think it was him) explains that this new tech for her Stinger suit gives her power over >THOUSANDS< of different insect species, so she has a much more diverse pool of animal life to choose from than Ant-Man. But I don't think any writer remembered that after that series. Still, it's a pretty big feat that could be explored in the future.
    Maybe they'll bring that back into the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Insect communication for Ant-Man (Hank and Scott) as well as Cassie as Stinger are not a power...but thru their helmet. And that is also a question I have about Cassie..what is internal and what is tech??
    Is there a word for a "power" which comes from paraphernalia, like technology, instead of from within the person?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe they'll bring that back into the MCU

Is there a word for a "power" which comes from paraphernalia, like technology, instead of from within the person?
    Tech as opposed to inherent?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Tech as opposed to inherent?
    I guess so

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The helmet allows her to communicate with insects. The suit grants her flight. The gauntlets are weaponized. And her size changing is attributed to the pym particle exposure, IIRC.
    In other words, her Stature powers are innate, and the additional Stinger powers are tech. That's why she only used her Stature powers when she and the other Young Avengers teamed up with the Champions in that Unstoppable Wasp issue - she wasn't wearing the suit.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not really if someone remembers that Stinger's Power Broker tech actually allows her much more diversity in insect communication than any other Pym Particle hero has had so far. I'm still waiting for someone to explore that. Cassie could have her own niche of insects and bugs she can communicate with that no one else does.
    Considering it hasn't been done yet (although I guess that could be driven by a lack of Cassie appearances), I kind of doubt it would be.

Or they could just bring it back to something she can use as Stature too, maybe the tech is in her domino mask.

Look who's showing up on Marvel Voices: Pride!

I love that for them!

The Prodigy/Speed story is written by Gillen, too!

Great to have him back on these characters for a bit and also will help silence the haters that tried to use Tommy's comments in Gillen's run as evidence that Tommy wasn't interested in David.

(Source: https://www.gamesradar.com/marvels-v...overs-preview/)

Yo Tommy looks like more of a twink than Billy these days love that for him lol.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-lgtbq-stories

So does Billy and Teddy's story being "additional" mean it's a shorter one and they're just hyping it up cause Allan's back? Or is it more like an "And -insert big name actor here-" kinda movie credit where it's the most important among the stories? Cause it's one of the only ones that didn't get previewed.

Never would've expected Gillen being the writer of the Thinkfast story, but that's pretty cool. He's the accidental father of this ship, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-lgtbq-stories

So does Billy and Teddy's story being "additional" mean it's a shorter one and they're just hyping it up cause Allan's back? Or is it more like an "And -insert big name actor here-" kinda movie credit where it's the most important among the stories? Cause it's one of the only ones that didn't get previewed.
    I don't know if it's going to be THE most important story, but I do think they are making a big deal out of it. I mentioned how this was the only story that actually got attached to a writer and artist back when they announced the one-shot. They didn't announce the creative team for any other story back then, and they mentioned the Wickling story separately from the others, as if they were highlighting it. So I've been getting the feeling they think this is important for a while. As for why we don't have a preview, who knows. But it's telling that it's the only one out of the 12 without one. Perhaps they feel the story is too spoilery and don't want to give anything away? And notice how Allan mentions ''celebrating Pride with the Young Avengers''; this might mean this will turn out to be a YA story at the end. The hopelessly hopeful in me will probably root for this to be a backdoor issue for a new YA series.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

And notice how Allan mentions ''celebrating Pride with the Young Avengers''; this might mean this will turn out to be a YA story at the end. The hopelessly hopeful in me will probably root for this to be a backdoor issue for a new YA series.
    What a ballsy move on Allan/Marvel's part if that ends up being the case lol. With the issue of Loki being left off the cover seemingly bc of MCU synergy, and the general anxiety of a straightwashed MCU YA, imagine YA vol3 being announced during Pride, stemming from a Pride anthology lmao.

Realistically though, it's probably just another reunion dinner like the Marvel 80 page, but longer. Maybe Allan has them save another Pride parade like in CC.
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 05-28-2021 at 07:23 AM.