Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141
Results 2,101 to 2,114 of 2114
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    If you really think about it, YA vol 2 had only 3 of the original Young Avengers. I feel like that has kind of established Kate, Billy and Teddy as the "core 3". The fact that they're also the ones with the most development outside of the title also helps. I feel like if you had those, 1 more YA and then 3-5 Champions, there wouldn't be that much backlash. But Billy and Teddy are kind of on a weird position where YA doesn't really fit with their current status quo...
    You're right that Vol. 2 had a very different line-up, but I also believe that a lot of that had to do with the circumstances of the time. They were fresh off of Children's Crusade, which means that two Young Avengers were dead and couldn't be used. Eli also couldn't be used due to his weird legal status at the time (which is why Gillen used America instead, according to his own word). It wouldn't make sense to use Nate, considering how he literally murdered one of the members. So Tommy was the only available character that Gillen intentionally left out of the main roster, and even then he found a way to add him to the story in the middle and end.

Now flashforward to 2019/2020, the most recent time that we had Young Avengers reunions, and most classic members (except for Nate and Jonas) were used. I feel like if we had a relaunch right now, it would be a lot more likely to see a more classic line-up (albeit with a few additions like America and/or whoever else they might wanna add to the team). I find it hard to believe they would leave Cassie, Eli and Tommy out, specially when all of them are in the MCU already.

As for Billy and Teddy, honestly... I don't think it makes that much of a difference. Their status quo had no influence over Billy appearing in Trial Of Magneto, and their most recent digital book literally suggested that they would split their time between Earth and Space. I think Marvel can just relaunch Young Avengers and say that this is what they do when they're not busy with space. I don't think most fans would care as long as we get Wickling content.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That's not confirmed at all. It's just speculation so far, and I think people are getting ahead of themselves because they used the word young there. Like Harpsikord said above, it could just be a reference to future Gert leading her own Avengers team. It doesn't mean it's going to be a new book titled Young Avengers. I think we should wait for for information before jumping to conclusions.

Anyway, this thread will probably close very soon due to the New Years, so... Happy new year to everyone and see you on the next thread!
    I mean yes it could be anything, Young & Avengers were just bolded.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    If you really think about it, YA vol 2 had only 3 of the original Young Avengers. I feel like that has kind of established Kate, Billy and Teddy as the "core 3". The fact that they're also the ones with the most development outside of the title also helps. I feel like if you had those, 1 more YA and then 3-5 Champions, there wouldn't be that much backlash. But Billy and Teddy are kind of on a weird position where YA doesn't really fit with their current status quo...
    Ya I feel those 2 being switched out for others would work best. Instead having them be in a Cosmic team book with Alliance memebers, with GotG not going on it works. I gave a list of good replacements that I feel best in what makes a Young Avenger feel more like one.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Yeah, I like the Runaways but to relaunch them as the YA crew would be a backfire waiting to happen.

Remember, Runaways is Cebuski's baby.

Just merge the YA and Champs as the new YA crew. IT'S NOT THAT HARD.
    Or Champions can be left to flop on their own as they have been doing for the last however many years & the real YA can get a proper relaunch.

I don't even see how a merger would work logistically since, unless we get a 10-man team, you would probably have to leave out a lot of fan-favorites.

The Zub Champions roster was 15 members. The Legion of Super-Heroes is probably around 20. It's doable without cutting folks.

You could have Kate, America, Cassie, Eli and Tommy from the YAs, and Kamala, Miles, Sam, Riri, Viv, and Amadeus from the Champs. They're the cores. Could also add a couple of neutrals previously from neither team. Squirrel Girl and Spider-Girl come to mind. I'd add Nadia from the Champions too, but her powers are identical to Cassie's so she's redundant.

You guys do need to accept that Wiccan and Hulkling may well not be part of any YA relaunch though. Their space king status quo doesn't fit.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-31-2021 at 08:59 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You guys do need to accept that Wiccan and Hulkling may well not be part of any YA relaunch though. Their space king status quo doesn't fit.
    Naw. They can easily be worked into a book. If other royal characters can do it, there's no reason Billy and Teddy can't too.

Again let the champions flop on their own & let the YA be their own thing Billy can teleport billions of miles in seconds, Tchalla is never in Wakanda they can make it work.

I also don't think the Champions should be part of anything YA related. At least keep Miles and Kamala away, they get their own solos and teams and don't need to be stealing the scene and focus from another group. Maybe Nova could be pulled over since he hasn't been treated anywhere close to well by the Champions runs.

You guys do know it's likely Ironheart and Ms. Marvel will be with the YA crew in the MCU, might as well add Nova/Miles to the comics.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Again let the champions flop on their own & let the YA be their own thing Billy can teleport billions of miles in seconds, Tchalla is never in Wakanda they can make it work.
    How about we STOP with the calls of flops.

Champions have 47 issues

Young Avengers 27 issues

I know Champions is the book that features the HATED by certain fandom roster-yet Miles, Ironheart, Kamala & Sam have more solo issues than all the YA guys put together.

And if we are going to rank teen teams-New Warriors, Runaway, X-Men Academy & Avengers Academy also have more issues than YA.

So who is the flop that can't be picky in who needs to be on the roster?

But as Mreddie said it might be Ironheart & Kamala since they like Kate, America and Eli are already being shown in live action. So there would be no Miles or Nova.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Legal stuff probably would keep Miles off

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Champions have 47 issues

Young Avengers 27 issues

I know Champions is the book that features the HATED by certain fandom roster-yet Miles, Ironheart, Kamala & Sam have more solo issues than all the YA guys put together.

And if we are going to rank teen teams-New Warriors, Runaway, X-Men Academy & Avengers Academy also have more issues than YA.

But as Mreddie said it might be Ironheart & Kamala since they like Kate, America and Eli are already being shown in live action. So there would be no Miles or Nova.
    Having more issues is not really anything. Especially when outside factors come into play like editorial stupidity. And just because the books went on longer doesn't mean they're higher quality. Even with that, the Young Avengers are far from a flop.

All that aside, stealing one group's name just to push a different one is just rude to both fanbases.
    Last edited by scourge; 12-31-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Champions have 47 issues

Young Avengers 27 issues

Of course those you mention all have more solo issues... They were already established solo characters who just joined the Champions years after their introduction, while most Young Avengers were created for the team.