Page 105 of 141 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2114
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Preview for GOTG #16!

https://popculthq.com/2021/07/16/pre...the-galaxy-16/

Teddy looking like a damn snack and Billy getting weird vibes about Krakoa!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Not exactly.
    I can ride the rationalization wave that America has fabricated her pocket dimension paradise where her mothers were the supreme heroes that died protecting her and the other "princesses". This current mini actually handles THAT aspect rather well --very grounded-- regardless of my own preferences toward the fantastical. (RIP Utopian Parallel)

HOWEVER -- all of the Demiurge stuff must've been magically planted in her mind (by Loki) to ensure her involvement with the Style>Substance arc or..... or this retcon is just plain flawed.

So, we have this mini depicting her earliest memories.
    America and Catalina, along with all the other youths, gain powers via science experiment. ( Super speed, super strength, super durability, flight, and... star shaped portal summoning??)
    The women caring for them die trying to save them and America tries to escape with Catalina but they get separated.
    America washes up on Jones beach, New York, and gets adopted by the Santanas.
    An eventual therapy session not only reveals that America insists she came from the Utopian Parallel but that she also has powers.
    She uses said powers as she grows, defending against local injustice. Bullying, crime, etc.
    Eventually she is convinced her actions are proving dangerous to her adoptive family and..... leaves(?) to pursue a life of heroics to honor her fabricated "super moms"

Following THAT departure we have the bonkers events of Joe Casey's Vengeance, and whatever additional dimension/world hopping shenanigans she's been up to leading to Gillen's run.

MEANWHILE -- the insanity that is her previous solo must be a further(??) escalation of her trauma induced, mental illness???
    Maybe the events of Civil War II, ( being unable to save War Machine from being murdered, and the near-death-experience with Thanos) triggered and exacerbated that buried trauma, and to COPE (again) she doubles down into another delusion (Super University, Abuela, Latinx Lesbian Magic Pro Wrestler Species?) which -- if THAT whole mini was another grandiose delusion, then at least that explains how terribly written it was with so many errors, missteps, poor characterization, etc etc (I guess???)

So.
    SAD No Prize: Loki magically manipulated America's trauma induced delusion, crafting Billy Kaplan's Demiurge into the narrative she built, to ensure her involvement (similarly to how he also planted the idea of "being the best boyfriend ever" into Billy's mind as he slept, which put all of the events of Gillen's multiversal chaos in motion)

WOOF.
    Because YA vol 2 and the Ultimates absolutely happened.
    I think you're putting more thought into this than the actual writer, LOL. Sadly, it seems like they just wanted to retcon America without really caring about how it affected any other story.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Preview for GOTG #16!

https://popculthq.com/2021/07/16/pre...the-galaxy-16/

Teddy looking like a damn snack and Billy getting weird vibes about Krakoa!
    Very subtle, Ewing. But I love that this further solidifies that Billy is a precog. Moira should be scared!!!

But also... I'm calling bullshit on this. Are you telling me that Tommy found Wanda's body and didn't IMMEDIATELY run to tell Billy or the Avengers? Ain't NO WAY. Some mutant telepath must have wiped his mind or something.

Astonishing Member

That assumes Rachel/Emma/Jean didn’t wipe Tommy’s memory or detain him in the Bone Yard (and considering there are people unironically stanning Apocalypse and Selene, getting Prodigy to go along with it wouldn’t be a surprise)

While I appreciate that the Avengers/Young Avengers have been firmly returned to the B/C list tier and will never actually beat the X-Men again, Krakoa is playing with fire

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    While I appreciate that the Avengers/Young Avengers have been firmly returned to the B/C list tier and will never actually beat the X-Men again, Krakoa is playing with fire
    Well, Billy's with the Guardians now too...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think you're putting more thought into this than the actual writer, LOL. Sadly, it seems like they just wanted to retcon America without really caring about how it affected any other story.

Very subtle, Ewing. But I love that this further solidifies that Billy is a precog. Moira should be scared!!!

But also... I'm calling bullshit on this. Are you telling me that Tommy found Wanda's body and didn't IMMEDIATELY run to tell Billy or the Avengers? Ain't NO WAY. Some mutant telepath must have wiped his mind or something.
    Billy might end up being told by Dormammu, of all people.

Elizabeth Olsen Says Marvel Studios Doesn’t Yet Have a “Real Plan” for Young Avengers
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...oung-avengers/

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    That assumes Rachel/Emma/Jean didn’t wipe Tommy’s memory or detain him in the Bone Yard (and considering there are people unironically stanning Apocalypse and Selene, getting Prodigy to go along with it wouldn’t be a surprise)
    I don't think they would detain him. Making the X-Men illegally arrest an innocent, non-Krakoan, possibly human citizen who's affiliated with the Avengers just to hide secrets from the rest of the world would be too much. I'm not sure how you justify heroes doing this. Leah Williams can't be that dumb... right?

I can see them mind wiping him and trying to spin it as if it was ''for his own protection'' or to stop him from screwing the investigation with his impulsiveness. It's still questionable, but less bad than kidnapping him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Billy's with the Guardians now too...
    And with an entire empire formed by two whole alien species on his side. That, plus his Demiurge powers alone... people underestimate just how much of a headache he could be to Krakoa if they cross him.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Elizabeth Olsen Says Marvel Studios Doesn’t Yet Have a “Real Plan” for Young Avengers
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...oung-avengers/
    I think it's silly for people to ask actors about that kind of stuff. Of course they're not gonna know anything that doesn't directly involve their characters, and even when they know, they're not gonna say anything before it's formally announced. Kevin Feige won't spill anything before it's time either.

Astonishing Member

I think it's silly for people to ask actors about that kind of stuff. Of course they're not gonna know anything that doesn't directly involve their characters, and even when they know, they're not gonna say anything before it's formally announced. Kevin Feige won't spill anything before it's time either.
    Exactly. I know the interviewers want to try and get some sort of a tease out of people, but they know that these actors all have to sign non-disclosure agreements about stuff. The studio has a publicity department and they're the ones who decide what gets revealed and when. Asking the actors for spoiler stuff is just an awkward waste of time--they can't truly answer the questions, so they either have to come up with some awkward way of talking around it...or just be really blunt and give a "no comment; next question" type of response. Even now and then they'll get lucky and someone like Tom Holland will accidentally let something slip--but in general its just a waste of time.

Something I've been thinking ever since the Loki finale: now that it's been established that the different alter-egos for Nathaniel Richards are variants, that changes one major plot point from YA in the comics: Nate not being able to ''cheat'' his future by not becoming Kang without messing up the timeline. That's the whole reason why he left the team: he had to fulfill his destiny as Kang to keep everyone else safe. Him going evil was basically inevitable, and that's what made his story so tragic. If we get Iron Lad in the MCU, he would be another variant and, therefore, wouldn't HAVE to have the same destiny as the other variants. So... what would that mean for the team? Would they consider keeping him longer on the team, maybe even permanently?

That is assuming they would even use a younger Nate Richards. I've always been against this idea, but after looking at what they did with Sylvie and how variants can, well, ''vary'' from a very early point on the character's history, I can't help but think that Ironheart being a Kang variant doesn't seem so impossible now.

Spectacular Member CaptainCanada's Avatar

Something I've been thinking ever since the Loki finale: now that it's been established that the different alter-egos for Nathaniel Richards are variants, that changes one major plot point from YA in the comics: Nate not being able to ''cheat'' his future by not becoming Kang without messing up the timeline. That's the whole reason why he left the team: he had to fulfill his destiny as Kang to keep everyone else safe. Him going evil was basically inevitable, and that's what made his story so tragic. If we get Iron Lad in the MCU, he would be another variant and, therefore, wouldn't HAVE to have the same destiny as the other variants. So... what would that mean for the team? Would they consider keeping him longer on the team, maybe even permanently?

That is assuming they would even use a younger Nate Richards. I've always been against this idea, but after looking at what they did with Sylvie and how variants can, well, ''vary'' from a very early point on the character's history, I can't help but think that Ironheart being a Kang variant doesn't seem so impossible now.
    The fact that they're having Kang appear in Ant-Man strongly suggests that Cassie's history with him will come into play, but I'm not sure there's going to be a "young" Nathaniel, because Jonathan Majors is only 7 years older than Kathryn Newton. If they were going to cast a different actor, I would assume they'd have wanted somebody older than Majors to play the main Kang.

After years of trashy, shitty, basic headcanons!! Anthony is supposedly gonna give us flashbacks on how Teddy & Billy met!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/meakoopa/...86195130912768

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    After years of trashy, shitty, basic headcanons!! Anthony is supposedly gonna give us flashbacks on how Teddy & Billy met!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/meakoopa/...86195130912768
    I love that Anthony's filling in some of the space headcanons have in the BillyTeddy fandom. Like, he gave Mary-Jo a name, now he's possibly giving us their first meeting/falling in love moment. Teenage Wasteland is shaking lol

Really really great Billy and Teddy Moments in Guardians today and a heck of a kiss.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Oh, obsessively so. I'm a mess about it. haha.

Respectfully, Billy is deeeeeeep in space.
    Also I dunno if "weird vibes" translates to precog. He said he had said weird vibes since the Gala. And then quantified that by specifying it was like something bad happened to someone close to him. So if anything, he "sensed a disturbance in the Chaos Force" or something. He didn't predict Wanda's death. But her death does seem to have hit his magical radar.
    Last edited by Fokken; 07-21-2021 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh, obsessively so. I'm a mess about it. haha.

Respectfully, Billy is deeeeeeep in space.
    Also to be fair he does sense something but he doesn't have the time because as you say he's kind of in deep space saving the universe.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/