Page 73 of 141 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2114

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I haven't caught up on Krakoa yet. The whole concept is iffy to me.

As for Billy, I think thought bubbles would make him look more experienced. Is there any limit to what he can wish for?
    The only who ever really gives Billy like a set "limit" is Tini Howard the way she does it through annoys me it's like he does x empunt of warps for the day & he's just done which has never really been the case for Billy, like I highly doubt Ewing will write him like that, so other than that I would say no with the exceptions of writers needing to nerf him for plot purposes I don't think Billy really has a limit outside of what he thinks he's capable of he limits himself for the most part.

Also about Billy & Tommy's mutant status I really hope that gets addressed this year the speculation is annoying. Tommy was on Krakoa in seconds either he ran right through a gate or directly to the island, if he were human the gate wouldn't work as shown in Children of the Atom but Leah left the whole thing obscure & she lowkey told everyone she would address it I hope some writer has the balls to actually do it maybe in the Guardians, SWORD Crossover it's a yes or no question not that difficult.
    Last edited by Journey; 04-15-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The only who ever really gives Billy like a set "limit" is Tini Howard the way she does it through annoys me it's like he does x empunt of warps for the day & he's just done which has never really been the case for Billy, like I highly doubt Ewing will write him like that, so other than that I would say no with the exceptions of writers needing to nerf him for plot purposes I don't think Billy really has a limit outside of what he thinks he's capable of he limits himself for the most part.

Also about Billy & Tommy's mutant status I really hope that gets addressed this year the speculation is annoying. Tommy was on Krakoa in seconds either he ran right through a gate or directly to the island, if he were human the gate wouldn't work as shown in Children of the Atom but Leah left the whole thing obscure & she lowkey told everyone she would address it I hope some writer has the balls to actually do it maybe in the Guardians, SWORD Crossover it's a yes or no question not that difficult.
    Maybe instead of daily limits, he should just need to recharge after a certain time, or maybe needs to eat more. Maybe the bigger the spell, the more he needs to recharge

Idk what they'll do about their mutant status. It seems like a minefield

Maybe instead of daily limits, he should just need to recharge after a certain time, or maybe needs to eat more. Maybe the bigger the spell, the more he needs to recharge

Idk what they'll do about their mutant status. It seems like a minefield
    It's really not though like Marvel makes this situation more difficult for themselves from introduction too children's crusade/volume 2 it was understood Billy & Tommy were mutants cool. Then Axis happened that messed things up for Wanda & Pietro & that situation only happened due to the movie rights. The twins are not technically related to Wanda & even if they were humans can have mutant children Wanda retconning her own origin story shouldn't effect the twins in anyway.

Ultimate Member

It's really not though like Marvel makes this situation more difficult for themselves from introduction too children's crusade/volume 2 it was understood Billy & Tommy were mutants cool. Then Axis happened that messed things up for Wanda & Pietro & that situation only happened due to the movie rights. The twins are not technically related to Wanda & even if they were humans can have mutant children Wanda retconning her own origin story shouldn't effect the twins in anyway.
    That's true. The whole reincarnation thing always seemed a bit weird. Idk how they'll follow it in the MCU

Fantastic Member

That's true. The whole reincarnation thing always seemed a bit weird. Idk how they'll follow it in the MCU
    I hope they would just use their self-aging powers and transform into teenagers, instead of going into reincarnation mess. IMHO, they should have done it by the end WandaVision. The last battle seemed like a perfect opportunity to do it - kids are opposed by a bunch of trained soldiers, so they age-up to beat them.

I think it was never really explained in comics how exactly they reincarnated. Who did it? And why they were separated? Were they born as Billy Kaplan and Tommy Shepard, or have their souls replaced the original kids? Instead of adding all this mess into MCU it would be better to just use the powers they already have and keep them as Billy and Tommy Maximoff. I can't remember Shepard family ever being shown in comics, and from the few times Kaplan family appeared - they are just generic happy family, so, characters wouldn't lose anything by removing these families and keeping them as Maximoff.

Ultimate Member

I think the reincarnation can work in the comics, or even in the movies given enough time. But I think they didn'tgwr aged up in WandaVision because the show was more focused on then as her kids rather than as heroes

It'll be weird for Wanda in her early 30s to have teenage sons

Fantastic Member

I think the reincarnation can work in the comics, or even in the movies given enough time. But I think they didn'tgwr aged up in WandaVision because the show was more focused on then as her kids rather than as heroes

It'll be weird for Wanda in her early 30s to have teenage sons
    I think it would be weirder, if they go with reincarnation and two random teenagers appears out of nowhere as her sons. If they stay as Maximoffs, then they would just use the already shown power they have. I mean, they were born next day after Wanda became pregnant, and few days later they were already ten, but both Wanda and Vision didn't seem to have problem treating them as their kids. So, if kids age-up again in some dangerous situation I don't see why it would be a problem for Wanda to accept them.

The only thing you really lose by doing away with the reincarnation plot is biologicaly Jewish Billy which I don’t care that much about he can always convert or be adopted into a Jewish family. But a vast number of people online will pretend to be outraged by it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    I think it would be weirder, if they go with reincarnation and two random teenagers appears out of nowhere as her sons. If they stay as Maximoffs, then they would just use the already shown power they have. I mean, they were born next day after Wanda became pregnant, and few days later they were already ten, but both Wanda and Vision didn't seem to have problem treating them as their kids. So, if kids age-up again in some dangerous situation I don't see why it would be a problem for Wanda to accept them.
    Idk what they'll do, but the reincarnation probably won't happen at least in that way.

I'm just saying it might be weird for audiences. But maybe not

Ultimate Member

The only thing you really lose by doing away with the reincarnation plot is biologicaly Jewish Billy which I don’t care that much about he can always convert or be adopted into a Jewish family. But people online will pretend to be outraged by it.
    I think people would be right be to be bothered by removing his Jewish background, like how Wanda and Pietro kinda lost their Romani background

I think people would be right be to be bothered by removing his Jewish background, like how Wanda and Pietro kinda lost their Romani background
    Your right except 9 times out of 10 most people making a fuss about Romani Wanda don't really give a **** they just bitch to bitch.

Ultimate Member

Your right except 9 times out of 10 most people making a fuss about Romani Wanda don't really give a **** they just bitch to bitch.
    Idk if that's entirely true. Romani barely get any good representation in media

Idk if that's entirely true. Romani barely get any good representation in media
    I know it's true ask a supposed "fan" complaining about Wanda's romani roots or complaining about current Billy's lack of Judaism in the MCU & half the time they won't be able to tell you **** of worth about the character at least on Twitter, not to say their aren't true fans really bothered by the fact but 9 times out of 10 it's fake outrage.

Ultimate Member

I know it's true ask a supposed "fan" complaining about Wanda's romani roots or complaining about current Billy's lack of Judaism in the MCU & half the time they won't be able to tell you **** of worth about the character at least on Twitter, not to say their aren't true fans really bothered by the fact but 9 times out of 10 it's fake outrage.
    Ok. Well, it would make mores sense coming from a regular fan

Fantastic Member

Does Wiccan even consider himself Jewish? I can't remember any scene in comics where he spoke about it. Just because he is from Jewish family doesn't mean he himself is obligated to follow Judaism. Same is for Wanda, being Romani barely played any role in her life (at least I can't remember any time it had any crucial role) and was rarely mentioned at all, so I don't see why it is a problem that it wasn't brought into MCU. With how many times their origin was changed it is hard to think that she or Pietro would be very attached to culture and traditions of one group or another.