I don't understand that gif
    Did ya read the post?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Did ya read the post?
    Yeah. I must be missing something

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah. I must be missing something
    Pretty self-explanatory before the gif I said he can say "What's Good" then I used the What's good gif. The fact I'm explaining this kills the joke lmao.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Pretty self-explanatory before the gif I said he can say "What's Good" then I used the What's good gif. The fact I'm explaining this kills the joke lmao.
    Ok. I missed that

Ultimate Member

I don't understand that gif
    Yeah, it seemed like sarcasm, that the poster wasn't agreeing with the previous assertion that it was a good setup, but five posts earlier they had also seemed to like it, so I guess it's agreement?

English is my first language, but one I still need a translator for when humans are involved.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, it seemed like sarcasm, that the poster wasn't agreeing with the previous assertion that it was a good setup, but five posts earlier they had also seemed to like it, so I guess it's agreement?

English is my first language, but one I still need a translator for when humans are involved.
    I think I just didn't link the posts together

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

If we don't get at least ONE scene of Billy kicking Doom's smug ass.... we need this, Ewing. Billy fans have been waiting for this moment since Children's Crusade. Strikeforce tricked us into believing we would get our Billy/Doom rematch only to let us down, so it's time for reparations! I will personally need a scene of Billy taking Doom's magic away temporarily, just like Doom did to him back then.

I would like to see Wiccan in his demiurge form against Franklin Richards (maybe the adult one could be a better match?)

They seem two powerful entities on their own at this point, cosmic vs magic
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 04-15-2021 at 05:54 AM.

Really love the idea of Billy receiving some hybrid magic tutoring from Mur-G'nn to broaden his knowledge.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Really love the idea of Billy receiving some hybrid magic tutoring from Mur-G'nn to broaden his knowledge.
    Billy and Nico, over in Runaways, I really want to learn some basic low-key magic, and not the handwavy mcguffin stuff they tend to be stuck with. We've seen how that worked out for Wanda, the less defined her power got, the more of a plot device she became, good to kick off trouble, but never really a character on the team itself.

I would love for Billy's magic to be the solution, not the problem, and for him to have some sort of coherent limits to make him usable on a team, and not a plot device who has to be saved for the last act when he waggles his fingers and cleans up the mess, but can't be used throughout a story because it looks bad for all the middle of the story to happen at all when the reality warper could have ended it on page 2, if he'd bothered to do so.

Marvel has tons of lower level magic that could be learned. Trained magic tends to look like telepathy and telekinesis. Invocations to extradimensional entities like Cytorrak and Watoomb involve pacts with those entities (and not everyone gets the free pass that the Sorcerer Supreme gets to just call on them willy nilly!).

And there's always the possibility of *new* Invocations, to extradimensional or cosmic entities pre-existing in the Marvel universe, like 'Thunder of Thor' (calls lightning, like all Invocations, when you use it, the entity you made the pact with gets a vague sense of it, so, don't use it in a way that THOR might not approve of Billy!) or Lies of Loki (makes illusory duplicates of self when self turns invisible, might be an easy Invocation-pact to make, since Loki might be guilted into admitting that he 'owes Billy one' after their last encounter!), etc.

Magic can be fun, and a source of stories, *without* them being, 'Oh, Billy screwed up another wish, must be Tuesday.'

And yes. Limits, rules, borders. It's not the colors that makes a picture, it's the lines that define the things depicted and keep it from being just paint splashed on canvas. Same with storytelling. Vomit up every word in the dictionary, and that's not a story. Definition, limits, *choices,* is not a weakness!

Ultimate Member

I've never been quite sure on this, but what exactly is Billy's power set? I can get a basic idea, but unlike someone like Hulkling or Stature, his powers seem more nebulous.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I've never been quite sure on this, but what exactly is Billy's power set? I can get a basic idea, but unlike someone like Hulkling or Stature, his powers seem more nebulous.
    I think you can pretty much chalk his powers down to reality warping. He can just will things into reality, most of the time by using his words to help him concentrate better, which is basically his version of a ''spell''. And then he has the standard flying/energy shooting thing that every mage has. His powers seem to be based on the powers that Wanda had during her OP peak (Avengers Disassembled/House Of M) instead of the more basic ''probability warping'' she had before. Which is funny because Heinberg was also the writer who nerfed Wanda by explaining her power level during those events was not natural, but Billy's is for whatever reason (my personal headcanon is that it has something to do with Mephisto). He also had those electrical-like powers early on which seemed to be separate from his reality warping, but my guess is that it was basically just a red herring because Allan wanted us to think he was a Thor legacy. Or it was supposed to be his mutant power, but they dropped it because the idea of Billy being a mutant never took off. Most writers don't even remember that anymore, so it's pretty safe to say his main power is really just reality warping.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-15-2021 at 09:41 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think you can pretty much chalk his powers down to reality warping. He can just will things into reality, most of the time by using his words to help him concentrate better, which is basically his version of a ''spell''. And then he has the standard flying/energy shooting thing that every mage has. His powers seem to be based on the powers that Wanda had during her OP peak (Avengers Disassembled/House Of M) instead of the more basic ''probability warping'' she had before. Which is funny because Heinberg was also the writer who nerfed Wanda by explaining her power level during those events was not natural, but Billy's is for whatever reason (my personal headcanon is that it has something to do with Mephisto). He also had those electrical-like powers early on which seemed to be separate from his reality warping, but my guess is that it was basically just a red herring because Allan wanted us to think he was a Thor legacy. Or it was supposed to be his mutant power, but they dropped it because literally no one writes Billy as a mutant. Most writers don't even remember that anymore, so it's pretty safe to say his main power is really just reality warping.
    Is he even a mutant? Wanda and Pietro aren't anymore, so why would he and Tommy be?

I was never sure where the electricity came from tbh. As for reality warping, I'm not 100% on how that even works. Is it just basically making things happen? And the magic beam is something I'm never quite sure about either. Not that it's a knock against Billy, I like him, I'm just trying to get a better idea of him

Extraordinary Member

Is he even a mutant? Wanda and Pietro aren't anymore, so why would he and Tommy be?

I was never sure where the electricity came from tbh. As for reality warping, I'm not 100% on how that even works. Is it just basically making things happen? And the magic beam is something I'm never quite sure about either. Not that it's a knock against Billy, I like him, I'm just trying to get a better idea of him
    Not sure on the mutant thing...but I think Tommy still is because he has shown up on Krakoa.

As for Billy's powers...that is basically it. He makes things happen through force of will. He concentrates on what he wants and chants it until it happens. I really wish they would change that to thought bubbles at this point showing that he has more experience and control.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Not sure on the mutant thing...but I think Tommy still is because he has shown up on Krakoa.

As for Billy's powers...that is basically it. He makes things happen through force of will. He concentrates on what he wants and chants it until it happens. I really wish they would change that to thought bubbles at this point showing that he has more experience and control.
    I haven't caught up on Krakoa yet. The whole concept is iffy to me.

As for Billy, I think thought bubbles would make him look more experienced. Is there any limit to what he can wish for?