Page 43 of 141 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Well....that finale was something, huh? LMAO. Was gonna post here yesterday, but I needed to detox from social media for a day lol. Anyway, would've loved to see spoilers:
    them age just one more time, but it seems like they're actually going to go for some form of the reincarnation story, even if it's just plucking them from the multiverse. Hopefully Disney don't actually hold on to the kid actors so that they age into the roles bc....well, I don't think I could support them if they held up major queer characters for that long, cause I'm betting Phastos and his husband are gonna be one and done with a one second kiss scene, with the husband probably getting fridged and Phastos either dying or not returning to the mcu. And at best, we get Hogarth coming back with Jessica in She Hulk. So... Yeah, in the words of rupaul, "Disney, don't **** it up!

Also, may I say, what a bland ass first fight for the twins. I mean, really? Couldn't they have done just a lil more action for them? Have Billy turn the guns into storks or stuffed animals? Had Tommy really do some damage? I mean, as I've gone back, I've become annoyed a bit about this telepathy subbing in for reality warping/magic thing they have for Wanda and now Billy.
    end of spoilers
    I agree with a lot of your opinions here, especially about Phastos. Really not expecting much from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Unpopular opinion but if they stick with the current actors throughout the years I'm cool with that, Teddy ain't here I'm Young and in my prime I see no need to rush. I like they current actors.
    Well good for you. But like I said the other day; some of us have been waiting long enough and aren't thrilled with the idea waiting for a couple of ten year-olds to age into the roles. But you are right when you say that's an unpopular opinion.

That being said I highly doubt that they are going to wait for the child actors to grow up because:
    1.) It really looks like they're doing the convoluted reincarnation plot after all.
    2.) Just because those boys are decent child actors it doesn't mean they're going to be great actors when they get older. There's different expectations for acting with a child's role as opposed to from someone older.
    3.) I might be wrong about this but I think they're gonna' want to cast openly gay actors to play Wiccan and Hulkling, especially after they made sure to cast gay actors for Phastos and his husband. At least I'm really hoping they cast openly gay actors for Wiccan and Hulkling, I know this is a huge can of worms among straight people but I think it's important.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 03-06-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Ultimate Member

So you think they'll age them up in MOM, or in just the post credits scene, or somewhere else?

For Billy & Teddy I just think they should cast whoevers best for the part if they do recast, sexuality of the characters is what matters not the actors, so yeah whoever best for the part and anyone who's not that basic Timothee dude everyone fancast as Billy cause he too basic.

Sidenote like I said I'm cool with waiting but that's just me, I still don't see this resurrection plot happening i really think Wanda is just gonna pick them up somewhere along the multiverse, and they may or may not age up midway through the movie, Kaplan's and the Shepherds probably ain't happening unless they get adopted.
    Last edited by Journey; 03-06-2021 at 02:54 PM.

Ultimate Member

For Billy & Teddy I just think they should cast whoevers best for the part if they do recast, sexuality of the characters is what matters not the actors, so yeah whoever best for the part and anyone who's not that basic Timothee dude everyone fancast as Billy cause he too basic.

Sidenote like I said I'm cool with waiting but that's just me, I still don't see this resurrection plot happening i really think Wanda is just gonna pick them up somewhere along the multiverse, and they may or may not age up midway through the movie, Kaplan's and the Shepherds probably ain't happening unless they get adopted.
    I was thinking they'd only appear in a post-credits scene.

it'll feel weird seeing Elizabeth Olsen as the mother of teenage boys.

I'm curious, why do you think Timothee Chalamet is too basic?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post

If they keep the thing where they age themselves up, it won't be that bad.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    If they keep the thing where they age themselves up, it won't be that bad.
    Oh, no doubt. I just think it would be funny in a way.

I could see them using the younger actors for flashbacks/quick exposition (or even a poignant "interior scene" with Wanda "seeing" them as young) but then using the multiverse as a device for having them age naturally into teens as time works differently in different dimensions. Then it's just a matter of what the story of them will be.

spoilers:
    Their cries for help at the end could just be Nightmare luring the Scarlet Witch into a trap and they're elsewhere in the multiverse living out the lives closer to the comics, with Billy with the Kaplans and Tommy with the Shepards. Or it could be legit and they've aged up in a kind of nightmare realm. The latter to me feel less likely.
    end of spoilers

He's every Caucasian boy with messy black hair ever yet people think just cause he played a gay kid one time he'd be a perfect Billy, I disagree.

Ultimate Member

He's every Caucasian boy with messy black hair ever yet people think just cause he played a gay kid one time he'd be a perfect Billy, I disagree.
    I see. Plus he'd be too old to play a teen by the time of MoM, right?

So how many Young Avengers are confirmed for the MCU?

I see. Plus he'd be too old to play a teen by the time of MoM, right?

So how many Young Avengers are confirmed for the MCU?
    That too

So far Kate, Cassie, America, Eli, & if **** goes well Billy & Tommy, maybe Teddy in Secret Invasion or Captain Marvel 2

Ultimate Member

That too

So far Kate, Cassie, America, Eli, & if **** goes well Billy & Tommy, maybe Teddy in Secret Invasion or Captain Marvel 2
    Ok. Anyone missing?

Ok. Anyone missing?
    Nate aka Iron Lad aka young Kang the Conquer but like the reincarnation of the twins I think he might be a tad complicated for the MCU, though Kang will be in in Ant-Man & Nate & Cassie dated so if he's gonna pop up that would be the time. Noh-Var AKA Marvel Boy if they really want he could pop up in Captain Marvel. Jonas AKA Vision Jr i don't see him happening, Kid Loki might show up, last one is David aka Prodigy who is a mutant and a minor one at that he won't be showing up anytime soon.

Ultimate Member

Nate aka Iron Lad aka young Kang the Conquer but like the reincarnation of the twins I think he might be a tad complicated for the MCU, though Kang will be in in Ant-Man & Nate & Cassie dated so if he's gonna pop up that would be the time. Noh-Var AKA Marvel Boy if they really want he could pop up in Captain Marvel. Jonas AKA Vision Jr i don't see him happening, Kid Loki might show up, last one is David aka Prodigy who is a mutant and a minor one at that he won't be showing up anytime soon.
    I think Iron Lad is possible in Quantumania. The others could show up at some point.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I was thinking about that scene where spoilers:
    Tommy steals the goggles and hat from the S.W.O.R.D. guys and how it was possibly a reference to the slow-motion scene from Days Of Future Past.... and I'm just so annoyed at Peter Maximoff stans acting like the goggles were a Quicksilver thing as if Tommy wasn't wearing goggles years before FOX-Men Quicksilver even existed. If anything, Peter Maximoff felt more like a copy of Speed than a proper Quicksilver himself, in both personality and design, which I suspect is one of the reasons why Marvel didn't want to bring him back in WandaVision. They know Tommy will pretty much grow up to be a similar character soon enough, so why bother?
    end of spoilers

Can't wait for all of the ''tHe YoUnG aVeNgErS cOpIeD tHe X-mEn'' takes when we get Speed, though. Ugh.

I never thought Hulkling would actually appear because it seemed too outside the main plot. My bet is on Secret Invasion
    Well, spoilers:
    we did get a Skrull scene at the end
    end of spoilers, so I'm assuming if Teddy was ever supposed to appear in the show, it would be in relation to that. Maybe it was supposed to be a bigger scene originally involving more characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Anyway, Eli's supposedly up next, so hopefully his intro doesn't leave me miffed lol
    I'm so glad we are exiting the WandaVision era and entering the TFATWS one, but still have Young Avengers related content to look forward to! Truly a blessing. Eli is allegedly only supposed to be in two episodes, but I hope he has an impactful role in whatever screentime he'll get.

I've heard some people don't like Miss America. Why?
    Mostly because of her first solo comic book. A lot of people didn't like it and it kinda gave her a bad rep.

Unpopular opinion but if they stick with the current actors throughout the years I'm cool with that, Teddy ain't here I'm Young and in my prime I see no need to rush. I like they current actors.
    I just don't see the point. Why would they be introducing most of the Young Avengers right now if a Young Avengers production is 5 or 6 years away? Marvel needs to milk those characters while they're still fresh and the actors are still young. Casting Hailee Steinfeld only to let her be a Young Avenger when she's 30 is genuinely dumb. Also, it's really not the Marvel method when you look at how they assembled the Avengers. Once they realized the first Iron Man movie was successful enough and that they could do a shared universe in 2009, things moved pretty fast. We got Iron Man 2 in 2010, with Thor/Captain America being cast and shooting their solo movies that same year. One year later, they were already shooting the Avengers movie. Literally just two years to get everyone together. I expect Young Avengers to be ready to drop by 2023 if Marvel is any smart.

Damn near feel like Cassie has been 14 for years in the comics, while the others are in 20's frankly kiss the ressurection plot line away and the kids are at the age they would be naturally.
    Cassie is definitely not 14 anymore. The last time her age was mentioned in the comics, she was said to be the same age as Nadia van Dyne, so that would make her 16 at the time. It's still not quite as old as she should've been, but that's besides the point; the age gap between her and the other YA would be 4, 5 years at best. The actresses for Kate and Cassie are like 13/14 years older than the Minimoff actors. It's a much more glaring difference. It just doesn't work.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-06-2021 at 07:10 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The Teddy speculation was based on a casting call for a male Skrull about the age you'd cast for him. It seems obvious now that this was actually for what would be revealed to be Secret Invasion.

As for the Twins theyll likely skip the convoluted reincarnation stuff and just have them be older.