Page 137 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2114

Everyone go vote for Tommy!! It's his moment to win!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...66#post5858566

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm not sure if the YA has a ''vibe'', per se... as Avengers, I think any young legacy hero could join them eventually in the comics, even Kamala. My issue is that if they're about to make their debut in the MCU, I absolutely think they should stick to the source material at first. I want Billy/Teddy/Nate/Eli/Cassie/Kate/Tommy to be for the MCU YA what Steve/Tony/Bruce/Natasha/Thor/Clint were for the MCU Avengers. I don't even want America and Loki added as members right away, much less other people who were never Young Avengers. I want them to start like the comics, and then build slowly from there. It's unavoidable that there will be changes, but like I said, I think Allan Heinberg's run is very easy to adapt, as a general concept. They just need to take those characters and pit them against Kang. I'll be disappointed if their origin story in the MCU is anything other than that.
    I agree, but I just know in the back of my mind how much the MCU likes to spin stuff or do their own thing at this point rather than staying completely faithful.

Amazing Member

Spider-Man:NWH Spoiler
    spoilers:
    I noticed Ned was able to use magic just by wishing for what he wanted to happen happen. The YA fan in me makes me think Billy’s Self-Help style magic might make it into the MCU too. It was a subtle thing and probably not related, but I like to think it was
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    spoilers:
    I noticed Ned was able to use magic just by wishing for what he wanted to happen happen. The YA fan in me makes me think Billy’s Self-Help style magic might make it into the MCU too. It was a subtle thing and probably not related, but I like to think it was
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He wasn't wishing for anything to happen...he was using Strange's Sling Ring to open portals to places he was thinking about. Or in the case of the Toby and Andrew Spider-Men...where people he was thinking about were.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Well MCU Billy has already shown to have powers which seem to be the same as Wanda's.

Little Billy has shown Telepathy, Telekinesis, & Clairvoyance for both future & past (something mama Wanda has not done)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Everyone go vote for Tommy!! It's his moment to win!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...66#post5858566
    I want him to win in life... but not like this. T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well MCU Billy has already shown to have powers which seem to be the same as Wanda's.
    And Wanda was officially made a reality warper on WandaVision, so we just come full circle with Billy having his reality warping powers in the MCU if they decide to establish he can tap into Chaos Magic too. And I say if because I can see them wanting it to be something unique to Wanda, but I really hope they let him be a reality warper too, even if a more limited one. Like, him being able to wish things into reality through his verbal spells instead of just thinking could be a good way to show him as a different reality warper, and one that struggles more to make things happen.

Little Billy has shown Telepathy, Telekinesis, & Clairvoyance for both future & past (something mama Wanda has not done)
    I have the feeling they're gonna make a big deal about his clairvoyance going forward, since that was a key thing in the episode (him being able to feel Vision dying when not even Wanda could). In the next episode he also kept talking about how he had headaches because of all the noise in his head, something Wanda never experienced. Whenever they need to make him stand out from Wanda, I think they're gonna focus on this particular powerset.

I hope Tommy gets some kind of power that no other speedster has had so far in the MCU, too. I vote for his ability to make things explode.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-19-2021 at 11:49 PM.

And Wanda was officially made a reality warper on WandaVision, so we just come full circle with Billy having his reality warping powers in the MCU if they decide to establish he can tap into Chaos Magic too. And I say if because I can see them wanting it to be something unique to Wanda, but I really hope they let him be a reality warper too, even if a more limited one. Like, him being able to wish things into reality through his verbal spells instead of just thinking could be a good way to show him as a different reality warper, and one that struggles more to make things happen.

I have the feeling they're gonna make a big deal about his clairvoyance going forward, since that was a key thing in the episode (him being able to feel Vision dying when not even Wanda could). In the next episode he also kept talking about how he had headaches because of all the noise in his head, something Wanda never experienced. Whenever they need to make him stand out from Wanda, I think they're gonna focus on this particular powerset.

I hope Tommy gets some kind of power that no other speedster has had so far in the MCU, too. I vote for his ability to make things explode.
    They did focus a bit on telepathy and the "clairvoyance" thing for WandaVision. But I think it's hard to guess exactly how the next writers/directors would go about his powers. I imagine he's still gonna have reality warping, but I feel like it's easier to just do generic magic/telekinesis stuff for most fights and stuff. Basically how from CW to Endgame Wanda's powers were basically just telekinesis and "shooting red energy".

I don't really want him having chaos magic, cause he already has his own form of being super OP as the Demiurge and I hope they adapt that. Plus Chaos Magic should be just Wanda's thing. The other witches besides Agatha and Wanda all had blue powers, so I think the implication is that blue is the standard magic color and Wanda's is different for being the Scarlet Witch and... Agatha because she used the Darkhold?

Extraordinary Member

I always kinda interpret Billy's power(both comic and MCU) as a variation of Chaos Magic, or at least in the same vein as Chaos Magic considering his Demiurge connection, it could be an even more primoridal form of reality warping magic than what Chthon/Wanda use.(Now that Billy is pretty much meant to be "that Demiurge".)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't really want him having chaos magic, cause he already has his own form of being super OP as the Demiurge and I hope they adapt that. Plus Chaos Magic should be just Wanda's thing. The other witches besides Agatha and Wanda all had blue powers, so I think the implication is that blue is the standard magic color and Wanda's is different for being the Scarlet Witch and... Agatha because she used the Darkhold?
    Well, Billy was referred to as a Chaos Magic user in the comics before, and the Demiurge lore does connect him to Chthon and Chaos Magic anyway, so I'd say it would make sense if they went that route. But of course the MCU can change things. I just don't know how they're gonna do reality warping for him without using Wanda's Chaos Magic as the source. Unless they reveal Wanda stole magic from Mephisto just like in the comics to create her children and one of them turned out to be a powerful reality warper like him, I don't know if the MCU will be creative enough to give Billy an origin that's not connected to what was established on WandaVision as far as reality warping goes.

As for the color of the magic thing, I'm not sure I would read too much into it. Both Loki and Doctor Strange have green magic, but that doesn't mean they are the same type of mages. If blue was the standard, I feel like we would see more mages using blue magic ever since the first Doctor Strange movie; but it seems like the standard there was the yellow/orange/gold-ish kind of magic, so that begs the question as to why Billy's magic would look more like the magic of ancient witches from Salem instead of the magic from most mages today. Honestly... it's probably just an aesthetic design choice without much context thought behind it.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-21-2021 at 02:48 AM.

Is Billy a mutant

He was certainly intended as one at creation because Wanda was one at the time. It's never been addressed though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Wallcloud View Post
    Is Billy a mutant
    Emma called him & Tommy mutants during Children's Crusade, Tommy refererred to them as such in Secret Invasion, & a version of Billy joined the X-Men in an AU so their creators intended as such but then Axis hit & ever since then they have never discussed it.

Ultimate Member

He can be intangible so I'd prefer that. Tbh I think he could use another power as well

Ultimate Member

Emma called him & Tommy mutants during Children's Crusade, Tommy refererred to them as such in Secret Invasion, & a version of Billy joined the X-Men in an AU so their creators intended as such but then Axis hit & ever since then they have never discussed it.
    I'm guessing he's not at the moment, until a future retcon