Page 108 of 141 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2114

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It's specially funny now that MCU Kate has been confirmed to be an adult. The category is babysitting realness!
    I mean, it’s called YOUNG Avengers, not Teen Avengers. You can be called young and be 28 years old. I don’t see anything wrong with it.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I mean, it’s called YOUNG Avengers, not Teen Avengers. You can be called young and be 28 years old. I don’t see anything wrong with it.
    The gag is not that Kate is too old, but that the age gap between her and the other members is kinda weird right now. I do think that'll probably be fixed if/when they age up Billy and Tommy (which, judging by the leaked audition I just posted, might really happen). Her and America will still be weird, though.

The gag is not that Kate is too old, but that the age gap between her and the other members is kinda weird right now. I do think that'll probably be fixed if/when they age up Billy and Tommy (which, judging by the leaked audition I just posted, might really happen). Her and America will still be weird, though.
    Right now, America is the only one we figure is fully cast. Cassie is older, Eli seems older but still young. The only two that aren’t are Billy and Tommy, which I figure they’ll age up shortly to fit that area more. Who knows, America could get aged up too.. but I don’t really expect it.

THe other thing is, these are adaptions and they switch things up. Expecting to see what exactly happened in the comic could lead to disappointment. I haven’t read all the YA comics but wanted to ask, have Kate and America been a couple in the comics or is it more of a fan thing?
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 07-31-2021 at 10:36 AM.

I don't like that Kate is so old. Even Cassie who's actress is as old as Hailee is still 16. If America is as old as Xochitl and the twins are aged up 5 years like how they did in WandaVision, she's indeed gonna be the odd one out in-story.

Right now, America is the only one we figure is fully cast. Cassie is older, Eli seems older but still young. The only two that aren’t are Billy and Tommy, which I figure they’ll age up shortly to fit that area more. Who knows, America could get aged up too.. but I don’t really expect it.

THe other thing is, these are adaptions and they switch things up. Expecting to see what exactly happened in the comic could lead to disappointment. I haven’t read all the YA comics but wanted to ask, have Kate and America been a couple in the comics or is it more of a fan thing?
    It's a fan thing but it's less random than most of those. There's a scene in vol 2 that America says something like "I see the way you look at me, you're not so straight", and basically every other writer since then has put some undertones under their relationship.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 07-31-2021 at 10:47 AM.

They've never been a canon couple. Kate hasn't even been confirmed to be queer. The thing about AmeriKate, though, is that there is a lot of flirty-like jokes between them, so obviously that dynamic would absolutely not exist in the MCU with the age difference between the two actresses. Honestly, even the concept of America being Kate's bestie is kinda weird with the age gap. I don't see how they could organically make their comic book dynamic work. They may be colleagues/teammates in that universe, but it's hard to imagine them being best friends like they are in the comics.

But if I'm being honest, I'm willing to sacrifice AmeriKate if that means they won't screw up more important relationships like Billy/Teddy. lol

Astonishing Member

At a guess, it might be that either Hawkeye’s series or follow up (like whatever Val is cooking with USAgent and Yelena) might enter into violence that neither Clint or Val would look good for letting a teenager partake in

They've never been a canon couple. Kate hasn't even been confirmed to be queer. The thing about AmeriKate, though, is that there is a lot of flirty-like jokes between them, so obviously that dynamic would absolutely not exist in the MCU with the age difference between the two actresses. Honestly, even the concept of America being Kate's bestie is kinda weird with the age gap. I don't see how they could organically make their comic book dynamic work. They may be colleagues/teammates in that universe, but it's hard to imagine them being best friends like they are in the comics.

But if I'm being honest, I'm willing to sacrifice AmeriKate if that means they won't screw up more important relationships like Billy/Teddy. lol
    Well they don’t have a relationship. I think what Kate said can be taken as a point made about America but not herself. It could be a thing but small bits of lines flirting with the idea isn’t a whole lot to go off of.

I’m on your team though, I need to see Billy and Teddy together and hope it’s not ruined by anything. It’d be nice to have gay leads in a superhero film and if they rob us of that… people will be fuming.

Wasn’t Kate the oldest one in the comics, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Yes, but only by about 2 or 3 years. If we compare Kate to Cassie now that's a whole 6-year difference.

YOU GUYS WHAT THE HELL THIS LEAKED DAYS AGO AND I'M JUST SEEING IT NOW????????? WHAT THE ACTUAL **** I'M SO SHOOK

The video is real, btw. The actor spoke up about it on social media (because some brazilians fans were harassing him, lord I'm so embarrassed to be brazilian sometimes). BUT he said he doesn't know if it was actually for Marvel or not, which actually really fits Marvel's MO of doing things so secretively that not even the actors know what they're auditioning for.

Anyway, if you actually pay attention to the dialogue... it REALLY, REALLY sounds like a conversation between Billy and Tommy. It has way too many references to their YA comic book history, down to the fact that Tommy seems to be imprisoned.
    IDK bout whether this is Tommy casting call or not but I do know this guy ain't it for Tommy.... Though I gotta say this dynamic between the twins is something I could **** with it's giving tension, but the fact that they know eachother already is giving life like they were adopted.
    Last edited by Journey; 07-31-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    IDK bout whether this is Tommy casting call or not but I do know this guy ain't it for Tommy.... Though I gotta say this dynamic between the twins is something I could **** with it's giving tension, but the fact that they know eachother already is giving life like they were adopted.
    They cast a wide net for casting tapes. Elektra for Netflix had a WIDE variety of actresses and they all ranged from complete unknown to somewhat known.

They've never been a canon couple. Kate hasn't even been confirmed to be queer.
    Yeah, even in the recent Marvel Voices Pride special, Prodigy said that the second Young Avengers team was the first MOSTLY queer super team. Kate in fact was the only member of that team who was heterosexual.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    At a guess, it might be that either Hawkeye’s series or follow up (like whatever Val is cooking with USAgent and Yelena) might enter into violence that neither Clint or Val would look good for letting a teenager partake in
    I was thinking they'd go 18 at the oldest.

Well they don’t have a relationship. I think what Kate said can be taken as a point made about America but not herself. It could be a thing but small bits of lines flirting with the idea isn’t a whole lot to go off of.
    I meant relationship in a general way; the way two people relate to each other.

Yeah, thanks to Gillen weirdly establishing her to be 21 during his run, BUT even then, it doesn't change the fact that the Young Avengers were all high schoolers (maybe except for Cassie who was younger) when they met each other for the first time. It feels like we're skipping a whole lot when Kate is old enough to be a college graduate by the time we meet her for the very first time.

I think one possible solution to this is making everyone else be a young adult as well. If Hawkeye takes place in 2024/25 like some people are thinking, then that would make Cassie be 17/18 already. Eli could be 19/20, and if the twins are aged up, maybe they'll go to late teens instead of mid like we were thinking. Then introduce Teddy and Nate with those ages as well. This way at least it won't seem so weird that Kate is on a team full of underage people. I think MCU Young Avengers being a group of college friends instead of high school friends could work. America and Kid Loki would be the exceptions, I guess, but as people who're not a part of the OG team, I think it's probably more ok for them to not ''fit in'' with that particular group.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I LOVE the dynamic as well. There are some obvious changes from the comics like they already knowing each other (and Tommy being in prison for stealing instead of blowing his school up, which is totally a change Disney would make to be less controversial LOL), BUT I think it really works in this MCU context. It implies they might still be Billy and Tommy Maximoff, but they got separated from Wanda for whatever reason and have been living different lives ever since, and this could be their way of doing the Kaplans/Shepherds in the MCU. I think I could work with the adoption angle. That begs the question, though: if this is true, what happened to Wanda then? 'Cause she wouldn't just leave her children for no good reason. Hopefully nothing too bad or damaging to her character.

I really like Tommy being hard on himself and thinking he deserves to be there because otherwise he would be a menace to society. It's a heartbreaking, but good characterization that represents a lot of the loneliness his comic book counterpart probably went through. Also, his mention of having ''friends'' in juvie is very interesting to me. In the comics, the only friend we know he had in juvie was Lisa Molinari/Coat Of Arms. So I guess this could be their way of establishing the Young Masters in the MCU as Tommy's friends before his time with the Young Avengers, which could lead to some drama when he becomes a hero and have to face them. And maybe it could even make him question his loyalty to the YA, since he implies they are responsible for him getting arrested. The drama! Maybe I'm overthinking it... but I just really want Tommy to have some juicy plots in the MCU since he never gets that in the comics. lol
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-02-2021 at 12:31 AM.

I think Gillen and/or Marvel didn't want to say that someone who was under 21 had a one-night stand.