Page 30 of 141 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    There were all those other names on Vision's list, back in the day, and I wouldn't mind a few new faces, perhaps loosely based / inspired by other early Avengers like Hercules, Black Widow, Black Panther, Swordsman, Moondragon, Hellcat, etc.

That said, I'm not *NEAR* done with the original cast, so I don't want that any time soon. Eli and Tommy in particular have barely even had their stories started yet!
    Throwing this out there: a new team of Young Avengers, but a separate new book for the original YA with a different name?

Edit: I now see that's what this last page has been discussing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    I see that, they've outgrown being "Young" Avengers. So I wouldn't mind the idea of a new Young Avengers with a different cast. Still would like the majority of the team to stick together be it in WCA, New, etc.. And hopefully not on some "Academy" team - would rather have them on their own adventures than "teaching the next generation."
    Honestly, they could be called the New Avengers, Wiccan and Hulkling's last team was called that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    I don't think the team needs a Captain Marvel legacy, since Teddy already sort of fills that role.
    Well, I assumed he'd be off the team, considering he's now the Emperor of the Kree-Skrull Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That actually could be cool. I don't think DC has a well established Wonder Boy, do they? So I could see Marvel securing that, much like they were able to secure Wonder Man.
    They don't, but with good reason. It's the name of a video game franchise from the 1980s, which is still active to this day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder...ragon%27s_Trap
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I'd love them to get new names. I really don't like the names Hulking or iron lad. I know I'm probably in the minority there
    I don't think we have to worry about Iron Lad rebranding, since it's not like he's coming back to the team anytime soon. Or at all. At this point Marvel should just replace Nate with another Iron Man legacy character. Jonas was supposed to be the replacement, but now that he's gone too, they could use a new member with an advanced suit of armor.

And you're not in the minority with Hulkling. Lots of fans want him to get a new name, me included. In a perfect world, he'd be allowed to be Captain Marvel, since he was the only child of Mar-Vell who didn't get to use the name in the 616 universe, and I think he deserves that opportunity too. But I'm not sure if Marvel is interested in that due to Carol and all that. It wouldn't be impossible, since Spider-Man and Hawkeye titles are shared and Captain Marvel has belonged to so many people in the past that it's far from being such an exclusive hero title. In the very least, he deserves a name that is related to that legacy much like ''Marvel Boy'' and ''Ms. Marvel'' are.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I personally believe that comics should be apolitical and just tell compelling stories...but if they are going to portray one side I feel they have a responsibility to portray the other. Arrow did this very well with their gun episode.
    At the end of the day, it all comes down to the writers of those stories, and the vast majority of superhero writers are left-wing/liberal leaning, so the bias will always swing inevitably to one way more than the other. Like, even if you use ONE episode of Arrow as an example, do we honestly think that most CW shows have a ''conservative'' POV at the forefront? 'Cause that's not what I see at all. A lot of those shows throw constant shade at conservative people.

The only way conservative people are going to get a fair share of the narrative is if they start to make/produce their own stories, which is their right to do. But considering the result of that in the comic book medium was the infamous Comicsgate, well... let's not ruin this thread by getting too deep into that. LOL

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't think we have to worry about Iron Lad rebranding, since it's not like he's coming back to the team anytime soon. Or at all. At this point Marvel should just replace Nate with another Iron Man legacy character. Jonas was supposed to be the replacement, but now that he's gone too, they could use a new member with an advanced suit of armor.

And you're not in the minority with Hulkling. Lots of fans want him to get a new name, me included. In a perfect world, he'd be allowed to be Captain Marvel, since he was the only child of Mar-Vell who didn't get to use the name in the 616 universe, and I think he deserves that opportunity too. But I'm not sure if Marvel is interested in that due to Carol and all that. It wouldn't be impossible, since Spider-Man and Hawkeye titles are shared and Captain Marvel has belonged to so many people in the past that it's far from being such an exclusive hero title. In the very least, he deserves a name that is related to that legacy much like ''Marvel Boy'' and ''Ms. Marvel'' are.
    Iron Lad is well on his way to becoming Kang...and that could be an interesting story for the YA.
    Jonas is an AI...so just need a new body.
    A new Iron Lad could be a new character.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 02-09-2021 at 03:19 PM.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Noh (and presumably Hercules) are both still on GOTG!!!

https://twitter.com/AIPTcomics/statu...346467842?s=19

Which means this is probably the largest concentration of YA (and queer) characters for a book, to my knowledge, since Empyre and XFactor! Al really said "space, but make it gay"!!

A thought just occurred:
    We've been assuming that the MCU is setting up to merge elements of the Young Avengers and Champions into a Young Avengers series.

buuuuuuuuuut they could also be merging them into being an MCU version of the Champions...which makes sense if they want to keep the "Avengers" series streamlined (especially since, unlike the comics, there aren't like 20 different "(Blank) Avengers" teams running around)
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 02-09-2021 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post

Which means this is probably the largest concentration of YA (and queer) characters for a book, to my knowledge, since Empyre and XFactor! Al really said "space, but make it gay"!!
    hmm it seems kinda weird to me that all the characters from #1-#12 are not silhouettes and Herc isn't there. Kinda makes me think he's out.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    A thought just occurred:
    We've been assuming that the MCU is setting up to merge elements of the Young Avengers and Champions into a Young Avengers series.

buuuuuuuuuut they could also be merging them into being an MCU version of the Champions...which makes sense if they want to keep the "Avengers" series streamlined (especially since, unlike the comics, there aren't like 20 different "(Blank) Avengers" teams running around)
    From a branding perspective, sure, YA would siphon some attention from the mainline team, BUT, it would also give YA a lot more press and name recognition. Champions is way too generic of a name and Disney might want to maximize as much attention to the new team, given that they're seemingly prepping them for a big debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    hmm it seems kinda weird to me that all the characters from #1-#12 are not silhouettes and Herc isn't there. Kinda makes me think he's out.
    I mean Super Skrull and Quasar are blanked out and we know from the variant covers they're on the team. But you're right, maybe Hercule does leave. That would suck given we wouldn't have three same sex couples in a book, but oh well. Hopefully he and Noh get to be together elsewhere haha

True, most of the characters being set up are from the YA, but of the young hero characters who are actually headlining shows are mostly Champions (Kamala and Riri vs just Kate, who's sharing it with Clint). I don't think the name recognition for the Champions matters: they literally have a movie called Quantumania coming up. Marvel Studios sells itself by this point.

Quantumania does have Ant-Man and the Wasp in it's title though, that's just the subtitle, rather than calling it Ant-Man 3.

As for a potential YA/Champions MCU roster, consider that both teams have a few unusable characters. From the Champions, they can't use Viv Vision (if they were going to introduce her, WandaVision would've been the time - they only introduced Billy and Tommy, but also used Sparky the dog), Miles Morales (Sony has the Spider-Man rights, so it's too risky), Amadeus Cho (where would his Hulk origin be done when they can't make Hulk movies?) and Unstoppable Wasp (because Hope is her counterpart already). Of the YAs, they can't use Jonas (due to Vision's origins) and Prodigy (because the X-Men haven't been introduced yet), and Hulkling will be needing his backstory changed due to Mar-Vell being aged up and gender swapped.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post

This pleases me. I hope Ewing adds MAC to the team, so we can keep the YA/gay agenda going with full steam!

A thought just occurred:

Every now and then this ''but what if the MCU uses the Champions name instead'' theory comes up, but here's why I think it's not happening:

1. We have heard countless reports by now that a Young Avengers production is in the works, and I don't mean just bullshit from We Got This Covered, but scoops from reliable insiders like Charles Murphy. Not ONE of those scoops mentioned the team would use the Champions name. Everything we hear about it, specifically mentions the Young Avengers.

2. The Young Avengers elements so far outnumber the Champions elements greatly. We have five Young Avengers members already confirmed in the MCU, and three heavily rumored ones, with a very strong chance it's true. The villain of the first arc of the team (who also happens to be the older version of the founding member of the team) is already confirmed too. That's basically a whole line-up. The Champions only have Kamala and Riri, and even though there are theories and speculation about other Champions members making it to the MCU, it doesn't seem like it can happen as soon as it can with the YA characters. By the time Ant-Man 3 is released, all the major members will be in place for a YA production. So, just going by the logic here, I don't see why they would want to use the Champions name if the obvious choice is just to use the team that's already being set up.

3. Branding is everything. Avengers: Endgame was the highest grossing movie of all time. Marvel is not releasing a new Avengers movie until at least 2024, it seems. I don't think they would see an Avengers spin-off as diluting the brand at all. If anything, it might be necessary to fill the hole the Avengers franchise will leave for the next few years. There is literally no downside to Young Avengers happening right now. It's not like we're asking for Young Avengers to happen alongside Secret, Dark and New Avengers simultaneously. It could be the first and only spin-off for a while now, and it would be ok.

4. And while we're on the subject of branding, Young Avengers is just a better branding for Marvel overall. And not just because it's unmistakably a Marvel name that doesn't need introduction, but simply because they own it 100%. When it comes to Champions, it's a lot more complex because that name is used as branding for a lot of other things that Marvel doesn't own. In the comics, for example, they have to share the trademark with another publisher that also releases Champions comics. As a matter of fact, that deal is the ONLY reason why Marvel is even allowed to publish Champions comics, because for many years they couldn't even do that. Now put yourself in Disney shoes: what name would be more convenient for them? And keep in mind, this is the same Disney that literally boycotted the X-Men and Fantastic Four over them not owning those brands in every media in the past.

True, most of the characters being set up are from the YA, but of the young hero characters who are actually headlining shows are mostly Champions (Kamala and Riri vs just Kate, who's sharing it with Clint). I don't think the name recognition for the Champions matters: they literally have a movie called Quantumania coming up. Marvel Studios sells itself by this point.
    Riri and Kamala headlining their own show is all the more reason why they don't need a Champions show right now, because everything those characters need, storywise, will already be present in their own shows. So for the characters who don't have that... they can have the YA show. It's really that simple and I don't see how Marvel would screw this up, honestly.

The full Guardians Cast is known and I am so excited!! Ewing stays scalping my ass!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...26813443715073

I was already excited just for my favorite royal couple, but now we got so much posibility!! More Noh & Teddy interaction which I find fun, preferably a continuance on Noh & Hercules I kind of like that couple, Teddy gets to meet his sister! Ewing is the king of continuity so with Doom there think of all the drama still there form Children's Crusade, I really hope for some interactions between him and Billy just imagine, even if they squash beef and he becomes like a mentor almost like Loki was OMG the possibilities!! Just what a time to be a YA fan got WandaVision, Hawkeye, & now Guardians just keeps getting better!

I wonder since Ewing writes both S.W.O.R.D. and this & he wrote Empyre is Guardians transitioning to like a S.W.O.R.D. type position maybe to even counteract them? I only say this due to the uniforms. (Also love the side bonus that the royals don't have to wear that shit perks of beings kings amongst peasants love that for them) I say all this to say at the end of Empyre we see Teddy gets betrayed and I wonder if that's by the Guardian's with Doom on the roster the idea seems and more logical it's also a solid explanation on why Billy wasn't seemingly there Doom has always been a solid match for him.
    Last edited by Journey; 02-11-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    ...Ewing is the king of continuity so with Doom there think of all the drama still there form Children's Crusade, I really hope for some interactions between him and Billy just imagine, even if they squash beef and he becomes like a mentor almost like Loki was OMG the possibilities!!
    Now that you mention it, should Doom mentor Billy, at least for a little, that would mean he's only ever been formally taught by villains/anti-heroes on panel lol. You'd think Strange spouting off about him being a Sorcerer Supreme candidate and Wanda being his ghost-mom that they'd try to curb any negative influences, especially given his magical destiny. But I think it'd be interesting, having magical know-how from villains but with the moral compass of a hero.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I'd love them to get new names. I really don't like the names Hulking or iron lad. I know I'm probably in the minority there
    Teddy should switch to Legacy.

It was his brother's original name, it fits his story as the 'legacy' of the Kree and the Skrull and it doesn't knock anyone's nose out of joint with him taking Captain Marvel away from Carol (even though it really should be his name)
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Amazing Member

If they give Teddy a new codename, it has to be mixable with Wiccan, we've had Wickling for so long already. From Empyre he was pretty adamant about just being called Teddy, so maybe they'll just keep with that to keep it simple.