Page 134 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2114

I feel they should have casted someone more afro Latina but oh well.

She looks kind of like Kamala Khan to me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Uh, why? I know her background was retconned recently but isn't she an extra dimensional being?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Uh, why? I know her background was retconned recently but isn't she an extra dimensional being?
    Yeah but she's always been drawn as Afro Latina this girl is just Latina it's just different retcon or no retcon.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I continue to enjoy Kate's role in the Hawkeye show. I really like the contrast between her origin and Maya's, and how different kinds of encounters with Clint Barton shaped them into very different kinds of people. I saw someone pointing out that Alaqua Cox is slightly younger than Hailee, which was surprising to me. I wonder if this means she can be a recurring antagonist for Kate, maybe even for the Young Avengers down the line. I'm also really curious about the Kate/Yelena dynamic and how that's gonna unfold. It's crazy that those characters who had nothing to do with Kate in the comics are some of the most exciting scene partners she has now in the MCU.

Something in the latest episode that also got me thinking: now we sort of have an official connection between Kate and Cassie in the MCU. Clint has access to Pym technology, and when Kate inevitably becomes Hawkeye and probably inherits some of his gear, it would make sense for her to reach out to the Lang/Pym family in case she needs more of that. Maybe that's how the girls meet for the first time. I gotta say, I really like piecing together how the YA might form in the MCU. I actually think I like this more than their debut in the comics where they just kind of appeared together out of nowhere. The building up to it is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am talking more in the comics side...yes the show is showing that she is proficient in a lot of weapons...but in the comics she has become something of a one trick pony with the bow.
    Well, in that case... I don't disagree with you. I remember when Kate would be randomly seen with a sword during the Allan Heinberg days. I do wish we could have moments like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Well... not anymore, but the casting was done before the retcon, so it's a moot point anyway. The only thing they had to go by in the comics was that America was a brown latina girl who was adopted by a puerto-rican family. I guess you could make the argument they should've cast a puerto-rican actress, but even then she was just adopted. After the retcon, she became an actual puerto-rican, but by the time that was done it was too late, since they already had cast Xochitl, who is of mexican descent. Anyway... America's latin@ origins have been so complicated and ambiguous that I honestly don't blame the MCU for their choice, ethnically wise. She was a brown latina girl in the comics, and they got a brown latina actress to play her, so I don't think they were WRONG, per se. Colorism is a whole other topic, but as I've said before, America was created as a lightskinned latina and that's how she looked in the book that defined her popularity (Young Avengers). Other colorists have made her look all different kinds of shade ever since, so... who gets to decide which one is the correct one? It's a complicated issue.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-06-2021 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I continue to enjoy Kate's role in the Hawkeye show. I really like the contrast between her origin and Maya's, and how different kinds of encounters with Clint Barton shaped them into very different kinds of people. I saw someone pointing out that Alaqua Cox is slightly younger than Hailee, which was surprising to me. I wonder if this means she can be a recurring antagonist for Kate, maybe even for the Young Avengers down the line. I'm also really curious about the Kate/Yelena dynamic and how that's gonna unfold. It's crazy that those characters who had nothing to do with Kate in the comics are some of the most exciting scene partners she has now in the MCU.
    Echo's supposed to be getting her own series so I assume she'll be redeemed or go on her quest to become a hero by the end of the series.
    Something in the latest episode that also got me thinking: now we sort of have an official connection between Kate and Cassie in the MCU. Clint has access to Pym technology, and when Kate inevitably becomes Hawkeye and probably inherits some of his gear, it would make sense for her to reach out to the Lang/Pym family in case she needs more of that. Maybe that's how the girls meet for the first time. I gotta say, I really like piecing together how the YA might form in the MCU. I actually think I like this more than their debut in the comics where they just kind of appeared together out of nowhere. The building up to it is fun.
    Apparently Hailee was spotted on the set of Quatumania, so maybe we'll see her meet Cassie there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Echo's supposed to be getting her own series so I assume she'll be redeemed or go on her quest to become a hero by the end of the series.
    I don't know how much of a HERO she'll be, honestly. I always thought that the show would set her up to be the new Ronin, and looking at her backstory, I can see her role in the MCU being of a violent vigilante instead of a more traditional hero. Maybe she can be the Punisher to Kate's Daredevil, if that makes sense. But yeah, since she's getting her own show, maybe they'll just develop her own supporting cast surrounding the street-level characters and Kate will just go her own way to do other things with the Young Avengers.

I don't know how reliable that source is (never heard of them before), but fingers crossed this is true. I hope the Hawkeye show ends with a clear direction of where Kate will show up next.

So we really doubling down on this **** retcon I see.

So we really doubling down on this **** retcon I see.

I don't even know where the hell this panel is supposed to be from. The retcon really turned me off on all things MAC in the comics, unfortunately.

I don't even know where the hell this panel is supposed to be from. The retcon really turned me off on all things MAC in the comics, unfortunately.
    I assume it's from the latest Marvel Voices.

Eeeewwww...

I'm ignoring it. Whatever that mini did, that's not MAC.

Why the heck do the characters I love always get so drastically retconned?

Extraordinary Member

Of all the drawings I’ve seen of America, I’ve never seen her as Afro Latina. Just Latina.

One thing that surprised me about the latest Hawkeye episode was how easily Kate got her butt kicked by both Maya and Yelena, LOL. If it wasn't for that trick arrow she used to stun everyone, she really would've stood no chance on that fight. I was a little disappointed at how bad she looked there since she was supposed to be training for years, but then I thought more about it, and it was actually a realistic portrayal of someone who has the abilities, but not the experience. She really is new to the whole super hero thing, and it shows. I actually like that because it would put her more closely to the other Young Avengers when they eventually make their hero debuts, and it wouldn't make Kate stand out too much as someone who outranks them. They would all need to grow and learn to be heroes together, and I think that's nice.

I assume it's from the latest Marvel Voices.
    Ohhh yeah, that makes sense. I totally forgot that was coming out.

One thing that surprised me about the latest Hawkeye episode was how easily Kate got her butt kicked by both Maya and Yelena, LOL. If it wasn't for that trick arrow she used to stun everyone, she really would've stood no chance on that fight. I was a little disappointed at how bad she looked there since she was supposed to be training for years, but then I thought more about it, and it was actually a realistic portrayal of someone who has the abilities, but not the experience. She really is new to the whole super hero thing, and it shows. I actually like that because it would put her more closely to the other Young Avengers when they eventually make their hero debuts, and it wouldn't make Kate stand out too much as someone who outranks them. They would all need to grow and learn to be heroes together, and I think that's nice.
    Yeah, she has olympic level skills but she has barely any practical fighting experience and is basically just winging it. She can do decently against the Tracksuits but it's a different story against a trained fighter.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, she has olympic level skills but she has barely any practical fighting experience and is basically just winging it. She can do decently against the Tracksuits but it's a different story against a trained fighter.
    Yeah, the tracksuits aren't supposed to be a threat. At least, I don't think so. I think Echo is supposed to be a more formidable foe. I wonder how their conflict will be resolved in 2 episodes