Page 67 of 141 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2114
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    We don't really know much about the current eligibility rules of the Alliance, though. The Kree never had a royal family, and yet they had no apparent issue accepting Teddy as their king even though that would go against centuries of their own culture. So who's to say an adopted child can't be accepted in this new Kree/Skrull world order? The writers can make anything happen.
    The Kree did actually have a Royal family once. The Inhuman, House of Agon. War of Kings. Black Bolt took control, and Crystal&Ronan married. Billy does have a connection to them.

I just can't wait for the tell all years from now when B & T step down to let their heir rule, & then we get Billy's take on being a Jewish, Gay, Potentially Mutant prince consort to the skree empire it's giving me "Silent or Silenced"

Ultimate Member

Every now and then, for a tenth of a second, I feel bad for the fans of Eli, Kate, Cassie, Tommy and that one poor sod who likes Iron Lad or 'Jonas', since this thread is generally all about Teddy and Billy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Every now and then, for a tenth of a second, I feel bad for the fans of Eli, Kate, Cassie, Tommy and that one poor sod who likes Iron Lad or 'Jonas', since this thread is generally all about Teddy and Billy.
    Hey my boys are royalty they outrank the others..... Just kidding in actuality I would love to be talking about Tommy & Eli on a regular basis but the writers leave them in obscurity, Cassie hasn't been doing anything & no one cares about Jonas & Nate unfortunately not even in the comics. Kate has more appearances then all the others combined she's also in a video game her fans are constantly fed they'll be aight.

To be fair, they're seeing the most usage recently due to the Empyre event and having now joined the Guardians of the Galaxy. Only Kate comes close, she was being used consistently a year or two ago, but after West Coast Avengers was cancelled has been reduced to guesting in America Chavez's new book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Was Jonas supposed to be a separate character? I'm still not sure. I think Marvel comics has moved on to Viv as Vision's legacy, leaving Jonas in limbo. And honestly, it weirded me out how Iron lad easily killed him and everyone just stood around, did nothing and let him go

Also, this is an odd question, but why was Thunderstrike never in any iteration of this group? Isn't he part of Thor's legacy how Stature is part of Ant-man's? I know they had Kid Loki, but why not an actual young Thor?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Was Jonas supposed to be a separate character? I'm still not sure. I think Marvel comics has moved on to Viv as Vision's legacy, leaving Jonas in limbo. And honestly, it weirded me out how Iron lad easily killed him and everyone just stood around, did nothing and let him go

Also, this is an odd question, but why was Thunderstrike never in any iteration of this group? Isn't he part of Thor's legacy how Stature is part of Ant-man's? I know they had Kid Loki, but why not an actual young Thor?
    Because Billy started off as "Asguardian" the supposed Thor" legacy" before switching too Wiccan & then the Young Avengers exception being Kate ditched the dressing up like cosplay Avengers & became their own hero's. They further abandoned this mini Avengers stigma in Volume 2 so honestly this Thunderstrike dude has no place with this team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Because Billy started off as "Asguardian" the supposed Thor" legacy" before switching too Wiccan & then the Young Avengers exception being Kate ditched the dressing up like cosplay Avengers & became their own hero's. They further abandoned this mini Avengers stigma in Volume 2 so honestly this Thunderstrike dude has no place with this team.
    Ok. I remember Wiccan being Asgardian first. It just seemed odd to me, but considering they've become their own characters own, it doesn't really matter anymore

Hey my boys are royalty they outrank the others..... Just kidding in actuality I would love to be talking about Tommy & Eli on a regular basis but the writers leave them in obscurity, Cassie hasn't been doing anything & no one cares about Jonas & Nate unfortunately not even in the comics. Kate has more appearances then all the others combined she's also in a video game her fans are constantly fed they'll be aight.
    Hopefully the short cameo in FaTWS, can do something to raise Eli's profile.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hopefully the short cameo in FaTWS, can do something to raise Eli's profile.
    Will he actually gain his identity in FaWS, or elsewhere?

Astonishing Member

But Vol2 is so damn mixed received by the fan base, that if they do make a new they should return back their roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Will he actually gain his identity in FaWS, or elsewhere?
    I feel FATW would be the perfect time to have them do the blood infusion like have Zemo attack Isaiah & Eli gets hurt in the process so they can make him a super soldier & just skip the whole Eli being addicted on drugs for powers storyline I really hated that in the comics I would prefer he starts off with his powers before meeting the others.

Ultimate Member

I feel FATW would be the perfect time to have them do the blood infusion like have Zemo attack Isaiah & Eli gets hurt in the process so they can make him a super soldier & just skip the whole Eli being addicted on drugs for powers storyline I really hated that in the comics I would prefer he starts off with his powers before meeting the others.
    I feel that's where they're going. Of course, I think him choosing to be a hero can also work, but without the whole drug business

Astonishing Member

Eli, and Kate will get talked about more here with the MCU using them. But ya I almost want if they do a new Young Avengers comic to have Billy&Teddy (Kate maybe as well) not be in it to let the others have some more spot light. Maybe add a couple of already existing Marvel characters that fit the Young Avengers theme to round up the numbers. Thunderstrike is mentioned, with losing their Heavy Hitter and Main Mage that would still give them some big fire power. As well Luna a daughter of also 2 Avengers it is about time we see her take up some super heroics.

Ultimate Member

I feel like Speed could really use a push. Marvel has never really gone serious with a speedster character, and it's such a comic trope, with the success of the Flash (books, an event, a TV series, eventually a movie!), that it surprises me how little they've done with speedsters like Quicksilver and Speed Demon and nobodies like Nonstop and Black Racer. (Mutants like Northstar, Aurora and Surge get slightly better showings, because the X-verse is practically it's own franchise.)

He's young. He's a bit of a stirrer-up of ****, like 90's era Conner/Superboy, with some attitude. I think he could carry a solo, as easily as Kate.

Cassie I want to see in a father/daughter regular or mini with her dad (only for her dad to be slightly less of a goof, I'm not thrilled with the rush to Homer-ize characters like Clint Barton, Scott Lang or now Dane Whitman and make them quasi-incompetent screw-ups).

Eli, something exploring his grandfather's legacy. Perhaps even someone like MCU Zemo, out to cull the various super-soldiers (or capture them, and use their blood to derive a new super-soldier serum for their own use, the Power Broker, maybe?) could be a personal nemesis, not just to him, but to grand-dad, and, eventually, various other super-soldiers like Steve (although the villain is going for the 'easy targets', in his estimation, like Isiah, and not starting out gunning for Captain Frikkin' America!).

Jonas and Nate? (Ha, I didn't even remember his name! I called him 'Iron Lad.') I got nuthin.' But as long as Kang is a thing, Nate's not going anywhere. He's (ba dum tish!) got a future. [puts on shades]