Page 8 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Ehhh, Teddy growing up artificially with the twins is a little too close to that annoying plot point from vol 2 where Loki messed with Billy by suggesting he created Teddy via warping reality. I could easily see them using that as a "Wanda makes friends for the twins in her reality!1!1!" which would give them narrative room to ignore the whole hybrid royalty thing and make him a side character instead of a lead come YA project time.

I'm an absolute SUCKER for the childhood friends to adult true love trope, but I would only want it outside of reality warping, just in case they use that excuse to erase it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    The rumour that Teddy is going to be introduced in WandaVision came out last January and it's a lot more credible now that we know that they were right about a Secret Invasion series being in development. The casting call for Teddy was apparently for someone aged 16-23. https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...t-wandavision/

I doubt we'll see him grow up rapidly though, but he likely is going to be introduced towards the end of the series.
    Oh, another thing, I really hope they casted actors closer to their 20s than actual teens. Given Cassie and Kate's actresses, early 20s would minimize any visual discrepancies, like in the way America's actress has with the aforementioned two, in the team.

Also, in the latest spot, the subtitles name Emma Caufield's character as Dottie. Not close to Anelle in the way Agnes is close to Agatha, BUT, this was written pre Mary-Jo reveal, so if she is Teddy's mom, that was likely the name they went with since she didn't have one.
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 01-14-2021 at 05:17 PM.

So, apparently, the actor rumored to be Eli...

https://twitter.com/avngerwasp/statu...04665417306112

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Ehhh, Teddy growing up artificially with the twins is a little too close to that annoying plot point from vol 2 where Loki messed with Billy by suggesting he created Teddy via warping reality. I could easily see them using that as a "Wanda makes friends for the twins in her reality!1!1!" which would give them narrative room to ignore the whole hybrid royalty thing and make him a side character instead of a lead come YA project time.

I'm an absolute SUCKER for the childhood friends to adult true love trope, but I would only want it outside of reality warping, just in case they use that excuse to erase it.

Oh, another thing, I really hope they casted actors closer to their 20s than actual teens. Given Cassie and Kate's actresses, early 20s would minimize any visual discrepancies, like in the way America's actress has with the aforementioned two, in the team.

Also, in the latest spot, the subtitles name Emma Caufield's character as Dottie. Not close to Anelle in the way Agnes is close to Agatha, BUT, this was written pre Mary-Jo reveal, so if she is Teddy's mom, that was likely the name they went with since she didn't have one.
    I don't think the citizens of WestView will be Wanda's creations. It seems more like they're real people stuck in there. If the theories that SWORD has Vision's body, and that Wanda was either working with them or invades their base are true, it'd make sense for someone involved with them to end up in her reality.

Y'all I think it's safe to assume Baby Thomas & Baby William are coming to the MCU next week and IDK HOW TO FEEL!!!

Sidenote I didn't know I cared about this but I do I need Tommy to be older like in comics this is a small thing Marvel so give it to me!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Look at them!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    The rumour that Teddy is going to be introduced in WandaVision came out last January and it's a lot more credible now that we know that they were right about a Secret Invasion series being in development. The casting call for Teddy was apparently for someone aged 16-23. https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...t-wandavision/

I doubt we'll see him grow up rapidly though, but he likely is going to be introduced towards the end of the series.
    Oh, I know about this casting call. But we don't always see all the casting calls all the time. We never saw the casting call for the teenage version of Billy and Tommy, for instance. So if there was a casting call for a younger Teddy, it might've not been made public for us.

I wasn't suggesting that Teddy would be created in WestView, just that he would already exist outside that world as a baby, but then once he's there, the wonky space-time laws of the place could apply to him too. But I was just mostly suggesting something that I think would be cute to watch, though, not really thinking about long term plans for the character. It's probably for the best if Teddy doesn't also have a complicated backstory.

To me it's more about the looks and less about the age. Like, if they get 16/17/18/19 year-olds who look like they could go to school with Hailee or Kathryn, I don't think it's a big deal that the actors themselves are younger. The exception is Billy/Teddy casting that SHOULD be around the same age just to avoid any potential uncomfortable age gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So, apparently, the actor rumored to be Eli...

https://twitter.com/avngerwasp/statu...04665417306112
    OVER A YEAR AGO? LMAO. This man really was hiding in plain sight. Also, this just highlights what I pointed out in the previous page about low-profile/unknown actors. They can do stuff like that and it will completely fly under the radar. It's gonna be funny if we find out that the actors for Billy/Tommy/Teddy had already hinted at their involvement with the show on social media and we just... didn't know.

Speaking of Eli, I'm really glad about the new report saying Chris Evans might return to the MCU soon because I really want Eli and Steve to interact in that universe. I think it would be a waste for them to do the Bradley storyline and not have Steve even acknowledge the whole thing. It also gives me hope that we might see Steve interacting with the Young Avengers, after all. It would be funny if they recreated his role from vol. 1 using an elder Steve, 'cause it would really highlight the ''ok boomer'' factor of that story.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-15-2021 at 12:34 PM.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Just watched the episodes, and I must say I'm glad we have some MCU stuff again! Now, onto YA pertinent spoilers/theories:

spoilers:
    Based on how she was, I don't think Emma is playing Mary-Jo/Anelle. She seemed very malevolent and culty, not very accurate to either character, unless there are mind control shenanigans afoot. Dottie is most likely a witch, perhaps working with Agnes.

Also, there was a tease for Wonderman and the Grim Reaper, so that'll be fun to see play out. I had a crack-level theory of them using the AU version of Billy that became the Grim Reaper, but I think it'll definitely be Wonderman's brother. I wonder if they'll have him fulfill the role of Pandemonium when it's time for the twins to get snatched, or if they'll cut out the middleman and have Mephisto do it himself.

On that note, major Rosemary's Baby vibes from all the "for the children" talk. Wonder if they'll draw on that old plot point where it was said Wanda's kids would be powerful cause she was like a nexus being or whatever it was, or even that they might riff on the Demiurge stuff for Billy. They might even have some "The Omen" plot point for the kids where Vision is actually Mephisto, and he knocked Wanda up to pass on his powers. All that good stuff lmao.
    end of spoilers

Anyway, great start, can't wait to see them fully grown!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I just want MC Babyhands

Just watched the episodes, and I must say I'm glad we have some MCU stuff again! Now, onto YA pertinent spoilers/theories:

spoilers:
    Based on how she was, I don't think Emma is playing Mary-Jo/Anelle. She seemed very malevolent and culty, not very accurate to either character, unless there are mind control shenanigans afoot. Dottie is most likely a witch, perhaps working with Agnes.

Also, there was a tease for Wonderman and the Grim Reaper, so that'll be fun to see play out. I had a crack-level theory of them using the AU version of Billy that became the Grim Reaper, but I think it'll definitely be Wonderman's brother. I wonder if they'll have him fulfill the role of Pandemonium when it's time for the twins to get snatched, or if they'll cut out the middleman and have Mephisto do it himself.

On that note, major Rosemary's Baby vibes from all the "for the children" talk. Wonder if they'll draw on that old plot point where it was said Wanda's kids would be powerful cause she was like a nexus being or whatever it was, or even that they might riff on the Demiurge stuff for Billy. They might even have some "The Omen" plot point for the kids where Vision is actually Mephisto, and he knocked Wanda up to pass on his powers. All that good stuff lmao.
    end of spoilers

Anyway, great start, can't wait to see them fully grown!
    I agree that by just watching the episode it really seems like Dottie couldn't possibly be Teddy's mom, BUT spoilers:
    the episode also makes it pretty clear people inside WestView are not being themselves. Monica couldn't even remember her real name, for example. And even Dottie, when the sitcom world started ''glitching'' on that radio scene, she seemed to be very different from the Dottie she was portrayed to be in other moments. It's like, for a moment, she remembered who she really was. So I'm not ruling anything out yet.
    end of spoilers And while ''Dottie'' doesn't ring any bells to Teddy's history, there's the fact that both names have a similar pronunciation, so... that's the only connection I can think of. LOL

spoilers:
    And you're right that there is definitely something weird behind the whole ''for the children'' thing. The episode kept repeating that phrase until the very end, when Wanda magically gets pregnant. That also makes you think about the very first episode and how one of the first things Mrs. Hart ask them is why they don't have children. The impression I get is that there are definitely forces pulling the strings so Wanda have children... probably for dark reasons. I definitely get the feeling the twins are gonna play a more important role than I thought they would.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I just want MC Babyhands
    God, I would die if they recreated that. I mean, I would also be terrified about the context and what it would mean to the twins, but it would be such a nice reference to the comics.

If baby hands does happen Tommy should get a break and Billy should be the one who gets designated as the butt scratcher, poor Tommy as a Speedster has impeccable memory and is haunted by it in comics Billy wouldn't even remember... lmao

Valerio Schiti fancast Timothée Chalamet as Billy on Twitter and YA stans are losing their ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Valerio Schiti fancast Timothée Chalamet as Billy on Twitter and YA stans are losing their ****.

Ugh why Timothee Chalamet ain't it don't get the hype at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ugh why Timothee Chalamet ain't it don't get the hype at all.
    Timothée is one of the most popular and talented young actors in Hollywood right now. And as a dark-haired twink who's already played gay before, it's really not that hard to see why people fancast. I mean, I did at one point too, and I think it could've been a possibility outside of WandaVision, but now since we're likely getting the Wiccan/Speed actor(s) from that show, I think it's unlikely someone like him (older, big name) got cast.

Although I guess it's possible Marvel might pull another Cassie Lang and cast random actors for WandaVision with no intention of actually letting them be Wiccan/Speed in the future. But I prefer if they don't do this... 'cause I don't wanna get attached to actors if they're gonna recast later on.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-18-2021 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Timothée is one of the most popular and talented young actors in Hollywood right now. And as a dark-haired twink who's already played gay before, it's really not that hard to see why people fancast. I mean, I did at one point too, and I think it could've been a possibility outside of WandaVision, but now since we're likely getting the Wiccan/Speed actor(s) from that show, I think it's unlikely someone like him (older, big name) got cast.

Although I guess it's possible Marvel might pull another Cassie Lang and cast random actors for WandaVision with no intention of actually letting them be Wiccan/Speed in the future. But I prefer if they don't do this... 'cause I don't wanna get attached to actors if they're gonna recast later on.
    I just think Comic Mininoffs (especially Billy) are too cute to be played by him and half the other actors they get fancasted as but that's just me which is why I'm hoping are MCU minimoffs are unknowns especially since I really want real twins.

I’d rather someone less... known. The lead kid from Deadly Class would be more interesting than Timothee. I like the idea of Billy being a little tough (after that one shot where he met the Scarlet Witch briefly).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I’d rather someone less... known. The lead kid from Deadly Class would be more interesting than Timothee. I like the idea of Billy being a little tough (after that one shot where he met the Scarlet Witch briefly).
    Ooh, interesting choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh, interesting choice!
    He’s 21 so it’s older but who knows. I’d take anyone over Timothee.
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 01-18-2021 at 01:05 PM.