Page 1 of 141 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Default Young Avengers Appreciation - 2021

2020 was a good year for some of the Young Avengers, but let's hope 2021 will be even better for the entire team!

Replying to some posts from the 2020 thread here since it's closed now:

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook
    ..??...Wasn't Eli out front as one of the leaders? I mean if the conversation is about people being buried on the their own team.
    I think they meant more in terms of popularity/recognition. Billy, Teddy and Kate are sort of seen as the faces of the Young Avengers team today, specially since they are the only characters who've been in every line-up of the team. Eli being so underrated and the fact that he's stayed in limbo for so long and still hasn't made a proper comeback is precisely why he's not really seen as a part of a ''big 3'', I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek
    Young Avengers never really had a Trinity to me. Clearly Kate, Billy, and Teddy are the most reconized faces but Billy and Teddy alomst liked staying more to the background. Infact most did with just Kate and Eli being more upfront being almost co-leaders.
    If we're talking about in-story, then yeah, I agree they don't really have a trinity. But off-story, I can see the argument as to why Kate, Billy and Teddy would be seen like that. And I don't think Billy and Teddy stayed in the background at all during their Young Avengers years. During the first arc of Heinberg's run, sure, they were more side characters, but from the second arc on they got a lot more to do. Teddy got a whole arc to himself to explore his origins. They had their moment in the Civil War mini alongside Xavin and Karolina Dean. The Secret Invasion mini also was pretty focused on Teddy. They had their own one-shots for Young Avengers Presents. They had the spotlight in the Dark Reign mini issue featuring Enchantress. Billy was front and center during The Children's Crusade. And then vol. 2 was basically the Billy/Teddy/Loki show. So... all things considered, they got a lot to do in YA titles. The fact that they weren't leaders never diminished their presence in those books.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend
    A new Hawkeye prose story by Kelly Thompson, set in lockdown.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/cult...kelly-thompson
    This was fun! I thought Marvel wouldn't make more of these after the one they made with Kamala. And this made me miss Kelly's Hawkeye book. I'm looking forward to whatever Marvel has cooked up for Kate this year, since they will undoubtedly want to put her in the spotlight at some point to promote the Hawkeye show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier
    Ramone is her "best friend" now? Is literally everyone Kate Bishop's best friend?
    She can't stick to one, so Cassie, America and Ramone take turns.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-01-2021 at 01:27 AM.

Young Avengers might be the only thing that went better in 2020 than in previous years. I'm glad they are getting more spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah when it came to friendships, Kate kind of became the Kitty Pryde of the Young Avengers.
    She's charismatic AF and has a gazillion "best friends". Everyone considers Kate their BFF.

In, may the Young Avengers have an even more prosperous 2021.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I think they meant more in terms of popularity/recognition. Billy, Teddy and Kate are sort of seen as the faces of the Young Avengers team today, specially since they are the only characters who've been in every line-up of the team. Eli being so underrated and the fact that he's stayed in limbo for so long and still hasn't made a proper comeback is precisely why he's not really seen as a part of a ''big 3'', I think.
    This is exactly what I meant! I adore Eli, but as that user and you said, whatever behind the scenes issues that forced Eli into limbo caused him to sort of miss out on becoming a "face" for the team in the way those three are. Consider in the wedding issue it was Kate that got to have that moment with those two and not Eli, considering he knew them longer. And my worry, just to reiterate, was that important YA characters are going to get sidelined for characters that not only were never YA members, but for characters that also are getting their own show named after them. My fear is that in the MCU Billy and Teddy will be allowed to be out and open, but only just so that they can get good PR and build a fandom around them, all the while they're not too explicit so they can tone it down when they show up in movies.

This was fun! I thought Marvel wouldn't make more of these after the one they made with Kamala. And this made me miss Kelly's Hawkeye book. I'm looking forward to whatever Marvel has cooked up for Kate this year, since they will undoubtedly want to put her in the spotlight at some point to promote the Hawkeye show.
    Is it just me, or is her outfit just a bit more on the pink side in this art? Cause, not gonna lie, loving the color pallette lmao

Right? It must be exhausting being so sociable lollll

Also, side note, Happy New Year everyone! May 2021 be better for us all, and may the Young Avengers prosper!

Happy New Year to the Young Avengers and their fans .

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yeah when it came to friendships, Kate kind of became the Kitty Pryde of the Young Avengers.
    She's charismatic AF and has a gazillion "best friends". Everyone considers Kate their BFF.
    And Kitty goes by Kate now as well. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

So Kate's a fake bestfriend basically?

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Is it just me, or is her outfit just a bit more on the pink side in this art? Cause, not gonna lie, loving the color pallette lmao
    I noticed that too. That lilac tone is definitely a borderline pink, and I love it too. I love when heroes wear bright colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So Kate's a fake bestfriend basically?
    I wouldn't go that far. It's just writers with different priorities for the character. Thompson likes the Wattses, so it's no shocking she would want to push the idea of Ramone as her best friend. Nick Spencer brought back the idea of Cassie as her best friend when he was writing Astonishing Ant-Man 'cause it's not like she had any close female friend other than Kate. And then most other writers jump on the AmeriKate train because it's the most popular friendship. But I don't think it's that hard to believe that maybe Kate just sees all three girls are her best friends. People have more than one best friend in real life too, so I don't think it's a big deal.

HELLO??????? Actor Elijah Richardson was just listed on IMDB as playing Eli Bradley on two episodes of The Falcon And The Winter Soldier:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6677237/?ref_=nmmi_mi_nm

IMDB is not 100% reliable sometimes, but also like.... it's not like Eli is a very mainstream character and the actor is also not super popular, so it's really odd that someone would bother to fake this particular casting for two particular episodes, you know? I remember when someone faked Silver Surfer being on Avengers: Endgame through IMDB, but that was super obvious and something you would expect from a Marvel fan. This? Not so much. Also, there was some previous evidence that a character with strong ties to Isaiah Bradley was also going to be in the show. Granted, that ALSO came from IMDB, but the character is so obscure that I feel like I could apply the same logic here: why would someone bother to fake this? I hope it is true.

I think at this point a Young Avengers movie or series is only a matter of time.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Potential Falcon and the Winter Soldier spoilers:
    spoilers:
    we may have our Eli
    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ru...s-eli-bradley/
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

If that casting is true, then all we have left is Teddy, Tommy and Billy, two of which we're guaranteed to find out in the coming weeks, with Teddy rumored as well. Exciting times! Nate as well, but we'll see if he's included at all given Riri coming in the next few years.

HELLO??????? Actor Elijah Richardson was just listed on IMDB as playing Eli Bradley on two episodes of The Falcon And The Winter Soldier:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6677237/?ref_=nmmi_mi_nm

IMDB is not 100% reliable sometimes, but also like.... it's not like Eli is a very mainstream character and the actor is also not super popular, so it's really odd that someone would bother to fake this particular casting for two particular episodes, you know? I remember when someone faked Silver Surfer being on Avengers: Endgame through IMDB, but that was super obvious and something you would expect from a Marvel fan. This? Not so much. Also, there was some previous evidence that a character with strong ties to Isaiah Bradley was also going to be in the show. Granted, that ALSO came from IMDB, but the character is so obscure that I feel like I could apply the same logic here: why would someone bother to fake this? I hope it is true.
    I've been under the impression that IMDB has gotten the smaller roles on these shows right, so this is definetely exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    If that casting is true, then all we have left is Teddy, Tommy and Billy, two of which we're guaranteed to find out in the coming weeks, with Teddy rumored as well. Exciting times! Nate as well, but we'll see if he's included at all given Riri coming in the next few years.
    Ever since they announced Kang's actor I've been thinking that they should have went for making him a woman as well and just merge the characters of Nate and Riri.