Page 7 of 141 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Shes from the 70s episode, she was spotted on set a while back. The reason she can reveal her part now is because that's one of the episodes that was screened
    Her IMDB specifically says she is on episode 6, though. That's what I was going by. I didn't know there were set pictures of her. I know some people saw a blonde woman with period clothes, but she had a mask on and no one seemed to be able to identify who she was for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Even better is that Eli will get good build up from the Falcon and the Winter Solider show. That will get lots of eyes, and allow for his profile to cross from the comics where it's kind of weak and possibly showcase him to folk that are new to YA characters.
    I'm not so sure if TF&TWS will be enough to bring him to prominence in comics because I don't know if he has that big of a role in the show, but at least it's a step in the right direction. The MCU tends to help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stature View Post
    Just noticed that Kathryn Newton edited her Instagram post to remove the #STATURE and #CASSIELANG tags. Wonder what that could mean.

https://imgur.com/a/Kyk1dmh
    She definitely got Feige'd, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So an interviewer asked Elizabeth Olsen if Wanda and Vision would approve of the twins following on their footsteps and becoming superheroes, and she said:

"I think that they would welcome whoever they become, because they're gonna love their children unconditionally regardless, and they would allow them to just become who they were you know, destined to be."
    https://twitter.com/vizwandamaximof/...52945317453824

Definetely seems like she's talking about something else for me.
    Hmmm... that was definitely an interesting way of wording her reply. Like I said before, part of me didn't want Billy having a big coming out scene in WandaVision just in case that version of him doesn't ''count'' and he ends up having all the character development from the show erased, BUT part of me would also be happy about him being the first (proper) gay character in the MCU.

Also, are there more interviews where they talk about the twins during the press tour? This is the first that I've seen, and I desperately want more!

Incredible Member

So an interviewer asked Elizabeth Olsen if Wanda and Vision would approve of the twins following on their footsteps and becoming superheroes, and she said:

"I think that they would welcome whoever they become, because they're gonna love their children unconditionally regardless, and they would allow them to just become who they were you know, destined to be."

The way she said that made it seem like she is also super aware that Billy and possibly Tommy are gay.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Her IMDB specifically says she is on episode 6, though. That's what I was going by. I didn't know there were set pictures of her. I know some people saw a blonde woman with period clothes, but she had a mask on and no one seemed to be able to identify who she was for sure.
    Well the people who've screened the first 3 episodes confirmed she's in them. So she's likely a member of the town.

I do think they'll acknowledge Billy as being gay but I don't think the timing worked for Tommy being revealed as bi in the comics lines up with being able to mention it in the show.

The Kaplan-Altman's get another mention over in S.W.O.R.D. #2 today. Teddy loves saving galaxies.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

*insert Spongebob "is he, ya know?" meme here* Seems like we're getting a coming out scene, or at least they give Billy a cute 20 mins to be gay lolll.

Actress Emma Caulfield Ford is on episode 6 of WandaVision, and since this is likely the 00s episode with the twins likely being teens, I was just thinking... this is potentially the episode where we see Teddy, if that rumor was true. So... could Emma be Teddy's mom? I could see it.
    Since she said she would be in it throughout, based on her ig comment, if she is playing Mary-Jo/Anelle, maybe she gets sent in with Monica, and then gets stuck like her. I could see a subplot where she's trying to remember something, only to realize later on it's that not only does she have a life outside of the dome, but that she has a *son*, one who then appears to look for her and also gets sucked in, meets Billy, and they live happily ever after....lol, but I hope you get what I mean.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Definitely seems like she's talking about something else for me.
    I agree, that really does sound like she's talking about Billy being gay.

Actress Emma Caulfield Ford is on episode 6 of WandaVision, and since this is likely the 00s episode with the twins likely being teens, I was just thinking... this is potentially the episode where we see Teddy, if that rumor was true. So... could Emma be Teddy's mom? I could see it.
    That rumour is very likely true. The site that reported it has a good track record with Marvel news and they specifically mentioned Teddy was going to be in a Secret Invasion series several months before a Secret Invasion series was announced.

It still blows my mind that the actors playing Billy and Teddy have (almost certainly) filmed their first appearance in the MCU and WandaVision is barely more than a day away from premiering and we still have no idea who is playing them. Yet we know castings for characters we aren't going to see for a long while.

Like how did the casting for Billy, Tommy, and (most likely) Teddy not leak by now? I know most stuff related to WandaVision was kept top-secret but some stuff did leak. Like significant stuff too, not just minor details. I remain baffled that we're going in completely blind waiting for the first gay characters in the MCU.

The people in WestView seem to be the same throughout the decades. So she could be in a bunch/all the decades.

And I actually speculated on Twitter a while ago that the blonde woman could be Teddy's mom lol, it'd be awesome if that happened.

Hmmm... that was definitely an interesting way of wording her reply. Like I said before, part of me didn't want Billy having a big coming out scene in WandaVision just in case that version of him doesn't ''count'' and he ends up having all the character development from the show erased, BUT part of me would also be happy about him being the first (proper) gay character in the MCU.

Also, are there more interviews where they talk about the twins during the press tour? This is the first that I've seen, and I desperately want more!
    They have done lots and lots of interviews for tons of youtube channels, so I haven't watched that many cause after a while it's just the same. This is the only one I saw who's asked about the twins.

Well, I don't think he's gonna get that much character development either way, cause we're only gonna have the twins on the as kids and teenagers on the 90's and 2000's. Assuming they're really separated from Wanda like in the comics and aren't part of the "real world" part of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    That rumour is very likely true. The site that reported it has a good track record with Marvel news and they specifically mentioned Teddy was going to be in a Secret Invasion series several months before a Secret Invasion series was announced.

It still blows my mind that the actors playing Billy and Teddy have (almost certainly) filmed their first appearance in the MCU and WandaVision is barely more than a day away from premiering and we still have no idea who is playing them. Yet we know castings for characters we aren't going to see for a long while.

Like how did the casting for Billy, Tommy, and (most likely) Teddy not leak by now? I know most stuff related to WandaVision was kept top-secret but some stuff did leak. Like significant stuff too, not just minor details. I remain baffled that we're going in completely blind waiting for the first gay characters in the MCU.
    I don't think any major leaks are confirmed though. I find it kinda silly that they're so protective over the twins when we pregnant Wanda and them as babies so many times, but I guess it's nice to have a surprise.

Also, the delays will actually make Billy the first gay character! Otherwise it would've been Phastos from the Eternals!

I don't think any major leaks are confirmed though. I find it kinda silly that they're so protective over the twins when we pregnant Wanda and them as babies so many times, but I guess it's nice to have a surprise.

Also, the delays will actually make Billy the first gay character! Otherwise it would've been Phastos from the Eternals!
    I frequent the Marvel Studios Spoilers subreddit and there's someone on there who has credibility that has vouched for a spoiler on a certain leaked actor's role on the show.

Considering how boring Phastos' role in the Eternals sounds I'm definitely not mad about Billy/Wiccan being the first.

I frequent the Marvel Studios Spoilers subreddit and there's someone on there who has credibility that has vouched for a spoiler on a certain leaked actor's role on the show.

Considering how boring Phastos' role in the Eternals sounds I'm definitely not mad about Billy/Wiccan being the first.
    I've seen those, but I'm honestly hoping they're not real. Not because of Evan (though I liked the rumor of him being Mephisto more), but because of something else they said that I really don't want to be true lol.

And actually, I just realized, we're forgetting about our true pioneer, Gay Joe Russo from Endgame.

I've seen those, but I'm honestly hoping they're not real. Not because of Evan (though I liked the rumor of him being Mephisto more), but because of something else they said that I really don't want to be true lol.

And actually, I just realized, we're forgetting about our true pioneer, Gay Joe Russo from Endgame.
    Well that person already has had their inside info been verified by promotional footage from the show, so... all their info is probably legit, lol.

I for one choose to forget Gay Joe Russo from Endgame.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 01-14-2021 at 12:26 AM.

Ya'll what leaked actor etc etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Err he was talking exactly that they weren't leaked? Unless you mean something else.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Since she said she would be in it throughout, based on her ig comment, if she is playing Mary-Jo/Anelle, maybe she gets sent in with Monica, and then gets stuck like her. I could see a subplot where she's trying to remember something, only to realize later on it's that not only does she have a life outside of the dome, but that she has a *son*, one who then appears to look for her and also gets sucked in, meets Billy, and they live happily ever after....lol, but I hope you get what I mean.
    Wait, I just thought of something... if she's in it throughout the decades... then what if Teddy also starts on WestView as a baby, and we see him growing rapidly much like the twins, and we have a Billy/Teddy as childhood friends to lovers subplot? OMG. I need to get my hopes down just in case it turns out Teddy isn't really on the show. lol

I think it's a mix of Marvel being good at keeping a secret and the actors likely being low profile/unknown, so there is less buzz/press around them and therefore less of a possibility that something would leak. Like, take the Evan Peters thing for instance: I fully believe that only leaked because he is a very popular actor and Marvel sort of let it slide because they wanted to create hype for the show.

Honestly, I find it very appropriate that Billy would be first over Phastos. One was already a gay icon in the comics, while the other wasn't even gay. Phastos always seemed like an odd choice to start gay rep in the MCU.

And yeah, I remember Joe Russo... which is why I said first PROPER gay character. lol

I know that this is tangential, but I didn't see an Avengers 2021 appreciation thread. Is Bendis's Avengers run a good place to start with no prior Avengers knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I didn't want to post spoilers openly in the thread and I can never remember how to use spoiler tags. But other people have mentioned it involves Evan Peters.

Wait, I just thought of something... if she's in it throughout the decades... then what if Teddy also starts on WestView as a baby, and we see him growing rapidly much like the twins, and we have a Billy/Teddy as childhood friends to lovers subplot? OMG. I need to get my hopes down just in case it turns out Teddy isn't really on the show. lol

I think it's a mix of Marvel being good at keeping a secret and the actors likely being low profile/unknown, so there is less buzz/press around them and therefore less of a possibility that something would leak. Like, take the Evan Peters thing for instance: I fully believe that only leaked because he is a very popular actor and Marvel sort of let it slide because they wanted to create hype for the show.

Honestly, I find it very appropriate that Billy would be first over Phastos. One was already a gay icon in the comics, while the other wasn't even gay. Phastos always seemed like an odd choice to start gay rep in the MCU.

And yeah, I remember Joe Russo... which is why I said first PROPER gay character. lol
    The rumour that Teddy is going to be introduced in WandaVision came out last January and it's a lot more credible now that we know that they were right about a Secret Invasion series being in development. The casting call for Teddy was apparently for someone aged 16-23. https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...t-wandavision/

I doubt we'll see him grow up rapidly though, but he likely is going to be introduced towards the end of the series.