Page 15 of 141 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    I mean, there was David. He certainly fills the super-genius archetype, I'd say.
    He's busy...and I doubt the X-Office will give him up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Er, I think you got your teams mixed up there - a) Young Justice is DC, and b) Young Justice already has a volume 3.

Yeah, if Kamala is leading the team, it's the Champions, and should be called that. The two teams can be and should be separate.

Well, in Empyre Aftermath, they were shown alongside the Young Avengers at the wedding reception. Which is kind of odd, considering they don't even know Billy and Teddy and must've been brought along by Kate. But it means they've met the team already.
    You’ve never brought a date to a wedding before?
    Why wouldn’t Kate bring Fuse and America bring Alloy since they dating each other?

Extraordinary Member

Random thought on a new body for Jonas....

The Vision was originally said to have been rebuilt from the original Human Torch's body....but what if that got reversed.

There have been a couple times that the Human Torch got duplicated en masse during WW2...

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Fireb...on_(Earth-616)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Inhum...es_(Earth-616)

Jonas's mind is floating around out in the ether that is the world wide web when suddenly he find an inert artificial body hooked up to a computer system...in Germany there are scientists studying some of these old...and perfectly preserved...bodies in an attempt to reactivate and control them for military applications. Jonas downloads into one and takes off and makes his way back to the US looking for his YA friends.

He has all his memories and knowledge...but has to adapt to an entirely different power set.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 01-24-2021 at 07:42 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I don't need any of those relatively new scrubs anywhere near a YA book cause their attention hogs, put Kamala in YA she'll probably end up running the team which makes no sense but because she's a fan favorite writers will push her like that the Champions and YA need to be seperate.
    I agree that characters that are already proven to be successful in their own right like Kamala and Miles definitely don't need to be with the Young Avengers, but I think there are some exceptions that we can make for characters who are not as likely to hog the spotlight. Like, I think Viv gets a pass. Power Man too. The two of them would be my choices if I had to pick any Champion to join the YA.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I feel like Mephisto would be cool, although that puts BillyTeddy dangerously close to their own OMD. All it would take is a directive from Marvel to make them more relatable and we say goodbye to the marriage. And the Young Masters would be interesting, although idk if giving a Nazi panel time is worth it, especially with the current political situation in the US.
    I get the concern, but I genuinely don't think this would be a problem here because editorial makes a difference. The reason why OMD happened to Spider-Man was because the editor at the time HATED the Peter/MJ marriage and wanted to reverse Peter back to his status quo. With Billy and Teddy is different, because the current editorial is what made their marriage happen in the first place, so they wouldn't oppose it out of the blue now unless we had a massive editorial shift. But I think as long as Tom Brevoort is involved, nothing too bad or damaging would happen to them. And unlike Peter, Billy and Teddy's status quo has always been with each other, because they literally started out as a couple from the very beginning. So I don't see the incentive to erase their relationship here, because it was just a natural evolution of what was already their status quo.

As for the Young Masters, yeah, Big Zero is a very problematic member, but I think they can fix it by either just removing her from the team or making a twist and revealing that she was never actually a neo-nazi, but just someone who was undercover on the neo-nazi community so she could take them down from the inside. I actually think that would make a lot more sense, considering the initial concept of the Young Masters is that they wanted to take down bad people, but doing it through any means necessary (they were basically the Punishers). It never made sense to me why Lisa would've recruited Amity to the team if there wasn't an ulterior motive. The Young Masters weren't supposed to be good guys, but they had a certain moral code, so they shouldn't be ok with nazis.

Speaking of Lisa, I think another reason why I really want the Young Masters back it's because her connection to Tommy was the closest thing we got to an insight on his origin story ever since his introduction. The fact that they were in juvie together and had some sort of relationship is quite literally the ONLY thing we know about Tommy's past, and it really drives me nuts, specially because you could tell from the Dark Reign mini that she knew Tommy well, and possibly even in a way none of the Young Avengers did, and I find that very intriguing. She could add so much depth to Tommy as a character. I want her to return so we can have a proper flashback issue showing us their history. I think she has the potential to be his ''Black Cat'', and I like that.

That's definitely an interesting way to frame it, having them deal with a post outlawed universe. Even though Cassie's the only one affected (and I know, sliding time scale blah blah blah, they're only 20 blah blah blah) I could see them being put on the spot as like the youth team that makes the public trust the concept (although the optics of a mainly white team being beloved while a team that's mainly POC is scorned is a lil iffy). And the salary thing would be a hilarious plot point given Tommy had to get a job and Billy and Teddy were formally Roberto's sugar babies lmaoo. YA running a new Avengers Academy would be dope, although I hope it ends up less Hunger Games and more like the shield training program from the Ultimate Spiderman animated show.
    I get that. My intention wasn't to single out the Champions, though. I was thinking more along the lines of the general population distrusting ANY teenage hero, much like after Civil War, there was that growing distrust of the general superhero community, and it took the The Initiative to slowly show the world that heroes could be trusted again. I guess the Young Avengers would be ''The Initiative'' in this scenario, and the other heroes, including the Champions, could help them to grow that trust back.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't want them to be some grimdark angst-fest, I do want them to have fun. But I don't want tiktok/stuff like that, cause as much as it is of the times, it's most likely going to be a 30+ adult writing the book. Too much "hey children, I'm a hip adult that's up to snuff with pop culture" could lead to another New Warriors situation. I think a perfect tone comparison of what I want would be Stranger Things. Even though those kids go through horrible and serious things, they still manage to have moments of levity and fun, which is what I would want. But on a more serious note.... Tommy would absolutely start an onlyfans, if to do nothing but troll around with it. Him or Noh Varr (especially when he's with Herc, mhhm ).
    Yeah, it can get cringey depending on what the writer does, but I don't think I would mind if it was like on volume 2, honestly. I think Gillen handled the voice and ''currentness'' of the young characters well enough. That page with nothing but Instagram posts is still one of my favorites.

And agreed on Tommy being the most likely one to have an OnlyFans. LOL

Xavin would be a perfect member to bring in. If Billy and Teddy are on break from the reunion, have them rescue Xavin and have them work in Teddy's sted on Earth. They know them, and there's a lot of potential for story with Xavin post Empyre, especially if we ever get another YA x Runaway special. Toni ho would be great too, and another connection via Billy and Teddy. She could be the iron legacy since Riri is with the Champions and Nate is who knows where. Both are canon young-ish characters, so they would be perfect. Also, the Watts siblings! Plenty of queer characters to choose from.
    I've always thought of Xavin as the perfect fit to help with the Kree/Skrull Empyre, but hey, I definitely wouldn't complain if they were added to the Young Avengers too if that meant more page time to make up for all the time they've been in limbo. And if we're taking the Runaways as members, then I'd throw Karolina's name in the hat too. She's my favorite Runaway, and I think she deserves to do some stuff outside of her team much like Nico has (A-Force, Avengers Arena/Undercover).

AND YES, Toni. I'll never shut up about my Iron Lady Toni agenda. And I feel like that needs to happen fast, because if Riri gets added to the MCU Young Avengers, then I feel like that pretty much kills the chance of the YA having any other Iron Man legacy hero besides her in the comics. And while I like Riri, Toni is so underrated and needs more recognition right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Agree...keep them separate. Yes there will be friendships between the teams but they need to be their own things.

And the characters need to evolve as well. Cassie for example should not just be a teen girl with Pym Particles and such...but between her dad's former criminal life and current security business and her stepfather Blake being a cop we should see her having some more detective-ish skills on top of her powers.
    One of the reasons I want new characters is the the YA never really had their super-genius science types. A couple characters of that type would be interesting to me.
    I think Cassie could fill the science-type role on the team, BUT not by being a super genius. I feel like we have enough super genius teen girls running around (Nadia, Riri, Valeria, Lunella), to the point where it doesn't really feel special anymore. I would like a more grounded/realistic approach of a girl learning science, where Cassie is interested in that world, but she doesn't know everything without even graduating college and doesn't have all the answers. She can be dumb and clueless sometimes, but she's willing to learn slowly but surely. She wouldn't make a top 10 of the most brilliant minds, but she would still be smart and helpful in her own way. I think THAT would be a refreshing take on the ''science girl type'' in the Marvel Universe, and just what they need to break the mold a little. Also, instead of putting her in the mechanical science field so she can be yet another person building armors and machines and whatnot, I would like to see her on the biology field. Maybe something related to animal life, since one of her powers as Stinger is to communicate with different species of insects. She could use the knowledge she has from interacting with those animals and knowledge from biology in her favor as a hero.

I would also like to see her going through that route in the MCU, with a similar approach. Since Nadia probably won't exist there, maybe Cassie could be the one to start the whole G.I.R.L. thing to encourage girls to get into the scientific field.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-25-2021 at 05:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Big Zero is a Neo-nazi. Plain and simple. Why try to censor it?

The thing with Toni Ho not being in the MCU, is because Yinsen specifically says all his family is dead. Then there’s the deal with MCU Yinsen being more Jewish Iranian descent than East Asian.

I don’t think they’ll try to put Toni in the MCU. When it’s already stuffed.

But stranger things have happened.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The thing with Toni Ho not being in the MCU, is because Yinsen specifically says all his family is dead. Then there’s the deal with MCU Yinsen being more Jewish Iranian descent than East Asian.
    Pish, easy fix, he could have been wrong.

I think reviving Jonas in Vin's body could be an intresting idea, I think one of the reasons he's completely forgotten about by most fans is due to his lack of direct ties to any other Marvel characters outside of Nate (who's a bit of non-enity himself) and giving him a 'father' in Vision and 'sister' in Viv could remedy that.

It'd give him a more distinct design from Vision and you could play with identity issues as there could be some ambiguity of how much of Vin is still present within his new body and of course any possible lingering ill-feelings towards his uncle/murderer Victor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    I think reviving Jonas in Vin's body could be an intresting idea, I think one of the reasons he's completely forgotten about by most fans is due to his lack of direct ties to any other Marvel characters outside of Nate (who's a bit of non-enity himself) and giving him a 'father' in Vision and 'sister' in Viv could remedy that.

It'd give him a more distinct design from Vision and you could play with identity issues as there could be some ambiguity of how much of Vin is still present within his new body and of course any possible lingering ill-feelings towards his uncle/murderer Victor.
    That seems a little creepy to me...and I get that my suggestion above is similar...but my idea involves a random 75-80 year old body and you want Visions own kid to be inhabited by Jonas.

Visions whole marriage kind of hit me as weird as well....he did not meet, fall in love and marry another AI...he built and programmed her and the kids to his specifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think Cassie could fill the science-type role on the team, BUT not by being a super genius. I feel like we have enough super genius teen girls running around (Nadia, Riri, Valeria, Lunella), to the point where it doesn't really feel special anymore. I would like a more grounded/realistic approach of a girl learning science, where Cassie is interested in that world, but she doesn't know everything without even graduating college and doesn't have all the answers. She can be dumb and clueless sometimes, but she's willing to learn slowly but surely. She wouldn't make a top 10 of the most brilliant minds, but she would still be smart and helpful in her own way. I think THAT would be a refreshing take on the ''science girl type'' in the Marvel Universe, and just what they need to break the mold a little. Also, instead of putting her in the mechanical science field so she can be yet another person building armors and machines and whatnot, I would like to see her on the biology field. Maybe something related to animal life, since one of her powers as Stinger is to communicate with different species of insects. She could use the knowledge she has from interacting with those animals and knowledge from biology in her favor as a hero.

I would also like to see her going through that route in the MCU, with a similar approach. Since Nadia probably won't exist there, maybe Cassie could be the one to start the whole G.I.R.L. thing to encourage girls to get into the scientific field.
    Yeah, Nadia CAN'T exist in the MCU, as she's an adaptation of Hope de-aged for the comics due to Hank's comparative youth.

As for GIRL, if Unstoppable Wasp had continued longer, I think Cassie should've joined it. Nadia can teach her new applications for her powers (as she has virtually the same powers herself), while Cassie could help Nadia to be less of a workaholic and learn about pop culture (TV, movies, etc).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Nadia CAN'T exist in the MCU, as she's an adaptation of Hope de-aged for the comics due to Hank's comparative youth.

As for GIRL, if Unstoppable Wasp had continued longer, I think Cassie should've joined it. Nadia can teach her new applications for her powers (as she has virtually the same powers herself), while Cassie could help Nadia to be less of a workaholic and learn about pop culture (TV, movies, etc).
    Actually...I would not want Cassie to be part of G.I.R.L.. But I do want her and Nadia to be friends for the reason you stated...to get Nadia out of the lab and learn about the world. Also Scott should be an important presence in Nadia's life. With Hank MIA (to put it delicately) Nadia needs a father figure...and I could think of now one better than Scott Lang.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Do we think any YA members are gonna get caught up in that Heroes Reborn mess? It looks absolutely NOT for me, but I'd give an issue or two a read if we got an amalgam YA character in it (though, it would most likely be a Kate and Clint fusion if anything). And since it's apparently an event (?) will it interrupt Teddy and Billy's GOTG stuff? Cause they been through two consecutive events, and I would hate new substantial development to be stopped for a milquetoast comic nerd fantasy come to life :/

Extraordinary Member

Actually...I would not want Cassie to be part of G.I.R.L.. But I do want her and Nadia to be friends for the reason you stated...to get Nadia out of the lab and learn about the world. Also Scott should be an important presence in Nadia's life. With Hank MIA (to put it delicately) Nadia needs a father figure...and I could think of now one better than Scott Lang.
    Jarvis is her father figure.

Do we think any YA members are gonna get caught up in that Heroes Reborn mess? It looks absolutely NOT for me, but I'd give an issue or two a read if we got an amalgam YA character in it (though, it would most likely be a Kate and Clint fusion if anything). And since it's apparently an event (?) will it interrupt Teddy and Billy's GOTG stuff? Cause they been through two consecutive events, and I would hate new substantial development to be stopped for a milquetoast comic nerd fantasy come to life :/
    I think it'll be contained to Aaron's Avengers like his previous Age of Konshu and Enter the Phoenix arcs were

Extraordinary Member

I think or Jarvis more as her grandpa.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Big Zero is a Neo-nazi. Plain and simple. Why try to censor it?
    Like I said, I don't think the neo-nazi angle works if you're gonna portray the Young Masters as they were initially intended to be, anti-heroes. If you have a neo-nazi on your team, then you're just a straight-up villain. Remember: the whole story with the Young Masters started with them calling themselves Young Avengers. They actually wanted to be ''heroes'', which is why the YA had to ''interrogate'' each member just to see if they were fit. If the team ever returns, I would like to see them going back to those anti-hero roots, but you can't really do that without explaining what is the deal with Amity being on the team.

I don’t think they’ll try to put Toni in the MCU. When it’s already stuffed.

But stranger things have happened.
    I wasn't talking about the MCU, though, but the comics. I don't have much hope to see Toni in the MCU at all. But she is already an established character in the comics, so she might as well be used. I think YA could help boost her profile much like it did to America. Once Riri debuts in the MCU, she is probably going to be THE Iron Man legacy going forward, so I want Marvel to push Toni in other media while there is a chance she won't be completely overshadowed.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post

That's been my idea for a while as well. I think it could lead to some interesting stories.

Or, like I also suggested a while back, just don't give him any body at all. Just let him be a holographic A.I. that aids the Young Avengers.

I don't think so, because it looks like this is just another arc of his Avengers run and not really a line-wide event. Everything Aaron has been doing is pretty much like a mini event inside of an ongoing, but it happens within a bubble and doesn't affect anything outside of it. Plus, I don't think he ever gave a crap about the Young Avengers, so...

I was actually excited for a while because I thought this was gonna be a relaunch of the Avengers line. But it's just more of the same. Sigh.

Speaking of which, I definitely need Jarvis to interact with the Young Avengers. It's kinda crazy how that hasn't happened more.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-25-2021 at 01:19 PM.