Page 89 of 141 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2114
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Speaking of the Young Avengers possibly making their MCU debut in 2023, Charles Murphy agrees that it's a possibility: https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/de...ease-calendar/

This is just hypothetical, of course, not an actual scoop. But I like hearing his opinion on it, because he has inside info that we don't that might influence his theories. There were other unconfirmed Marvel projects that he reported to be in early development but he didn't add them to this list, so him adding YA is actually interesting.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Looks like the artist who did Strikeforce 5 & 6 is doing more Billy and Teddy for Marvel Voices: Pride! Wonder which writer this is for, or if it's just part of a cover/ group shot, cause I can see what looks like the railway captain america just above them (although I don't see Jacopo on the solicits for alt covers, so who knows)

https://www.instagram.com/p/COdXSNRh...d=t9afpp2mr2nl

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Looks like the artist who did Strikeforce 5 & 6 is doing more Billy and Teddy for Marvel Voices: Pride! Wonder which writer this is for, or if it's just part of a cover/ group shot, cause I can see what looks like the railway captain america just above them (although I don't see Jacopo on the solicits for alt covers, so who knows)

I literally loved him on Strikeforce like his art was everything to me & his Billy hit different so I am pleased!

Astonishing Member

Hands up whose getting the same “comics side jumps the gun” from America getting retconned that we got when they retconned Carol to be half Kree?

CBR's top 10 most powerful Young Avengers: https://www.cbr.com/young-avengers-power-ranking/

I feel like the only one pretty much everyone can agree on is Billy as #1. Everything else is highly debatable.

Definitely looks like a group shot. Maybe something at the end of the book, with all the characters getting together or something.

His art is so good. Love that hairy-chested Teddy.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Hands up whose getting the same “comics side jumps the gun” from America getting retconned that we got when they retconned Carol to be half Kree?
    For what it's worth, the Carol retcon happened before Kevin Feige was made CCO of the comics division, so maybe now they do have more information about the MCU beforehand for better synergy. And even if it ends up not synching well with the MCU version, we don't even know if that is the intention, to be fair. There has been a lot of criticism about America's origin and her place as latina representation in the comics, so I could see them actually feeling like she needed an update, regardless of what the MCU is doing.

Billy being number 1 makes sense he's a god, I wouldn't put David over Noh, & I also think Noh has the edge on Nate & Teddy aswell, & Tommy should be number 4 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Ok so if Hulkling comes to the MCU who do yall think his parents are going to be since Mar-vell is dead?
    Not just dead, but also a woman, and she died around 25 years ago in-universe too as Captain Marvel was set in the 90s. Maybe they could reveal she had a son, Genis-Vell, and he would be Teddy's father? His mother could then stay the same as in the comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Is anyone else annoyed there was not Cassie involvement in Outlawed? You would think a teenage girl who is her father's sidekick would be a no brainer for a series or at least a one shot.
    Well, Outlawed's ending meant the end of CRADLE, but not the end of Kamala's Law, which is still a plot point in Champions, Children of the Atom, and the upcoming Reptil book. So it's not too late.

Just read America Chavez #3. Yep, the origin has indeed been completely retconned. Also, turns out she has a sister.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BTW the America retcon is just as bland & basic as one might have thought.

spoilers:
    this whole run is just nothing but retcons so with that said I now consider it a huge flop! This writer doest seem to be outright affecting Billy at least from what I can tell, but I'm so annoyed her origin story didn't need to be changed! So she can be some basic science project born in basic ass new York! It'sso lame & giving her a family no one's ever heard of was already enough, but Sis had to add some younger sister too? Ugh!!!! This is just so whack I hope it turns out to be a red Herring but I don't believe it will this is all just so damn lame.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Journey; 05-05-2021 at 05:27 AM.

Okay y'all. Somebody pleeeeeease pleeeeeeease give me the break down of this retcon folks are talking about!! Spoiler tag it? DM me? Whatever. I gotta know.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

My theory on what's going to be retconned:

The Chavez's are a part of some God Particle-esque science mission that's discovered some ancient powerful force (my theory is that its lingering Demiurge energy that's somehow found its way to that island). They're hired to try and use it in experiments that start off fine, but in cliche fashion become sinister when human experiments are introduced. It's either orphan girls are used to harness the latent Demiurge energy, or they're all test tube babies (which would tie into this whole twist of a slightly less fantastical origin that, pun intended, parallels her original origin). The Chavez's eventually, in more cliche fashion, realize this is bad and try to rescue the girls. It goes badly, but they're able to save America, and conveniently, whoever the antagonist is in this book. Now the girls are running out of fuel, and the antagonist wants America's Demiurge juice to survive. Maybe the antagonist reveals if they run out of juice, they die and cause black holes or whatever, and conflict ensues then. It'll probably end with America either offing the antagonist, or maybe she kicks her way into the "actual" actual Utopian Parallel and dumps the antagonist off there. Then, and this is more self indulgence than a genuine theory, she tells Billy what she thinks his role is in her origin, which she's never done (I don't think at least) and they bond or whatever.
    Not me predicting some of the things that happened lmaooooo! I'm glad they used "magic" as part of what's going on, cause that leaves room for Demiurge stuff, so everything isn't all messed up by this retcon. Still, this pretty much invalidates/puts into doubt a lot of YA vol 2 and her reason for being there, some of Ewing's work with her, and all of her solo imposed lore.

And the sister thing is....it's very Carol, like.... extremely like Carol. And she was retconned for better MCU synergy, so.... I'm feeling like this is another "let's tell the writer we need another origin to fit the movies" and this is how the writer solved it. It's sloppy bc of the aforementioned invalidation, but oh well, let's see where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Billy being number 1 makes sense he's a god, I wouldn't put David over Noh, & I also think Noh has the edge on Nate & Teddy aswell, & Tommy should be number 4 IMO.
    Yeah, Prodigy over Marvel Boy doesn't really make any sense to me. David's powers, as useful as they can be, don't translate to him being very powerful in the traditional sense of the word.

And I think Teddy is so underrated in terms of powerset. I think people underestimate just how much of an specimen he is with the mixed Kree/Skrull lineage, plus any potential powers he inherited from Mar-Vell like his siblings AND the addition of Excelsior, which is also connected to his bloodline and gives him some cosmic magic thing going on that allows him to go up against Thor's Mjolnir. I think Teddy actually ties with America as the YA's tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Just read America Chavez #3. Yep, the origin has indeed been completely retconned. Also, turns out she has a sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    BTW the America retcon is just as bland & basic as one might have thought.

spoilers:
    this whole run is just nothing but retcons so with that said I now consider it a huge flop! This writer doest seem to be outright affecting Billy at least from what I can tell, but I'm so annoyed her origin story didn't need to be changed! So she can be some basic science project born in basic ass new York! It'sso lame & giving her a family no one's ever heard of was already enough, but Sis had to add some younger sister too? Ugh!!!! This is just so whack I hope it turns out to be a red Herring but I don't believe it will this is all just so damn lame.
    end of spoilers
    Oh, well. There goes my hope for any future Billy/America stories exploring their ties to each other. I hope we still get a story about Billy's Demiurge and his Utopian Parallel, or at least other worlds he created. Sucks for America that she won't get to be a part of it anymore.

Incredible Member

And the sister thing is....it's very Carol, like.... extremely like Carol. And she was retconned for better MCU synergy, so.... I'm feeling like this is another "let's tell the writer we need another origin to fit the movies" and this is how the writer solved it. It's sloppy bc of the aforementioned invalidation, but oh well, let's see where this goes.

The problem with this, is that I'm sure the writer doesn't know anything about the movie! Look Carol, they changed her origin and it’s nothing like the story of the movie! On the contrary, the origin of the movie is more similar to the original origin of Carol than to the retcon!

This whole retcon shits on Volume 2 which is what made America popular in the first place.

Well that retcon is pretty disappointing, gald i came here to see what would happen before i spent my money on it
    Guess i'll just read when it gets put on unlimited.
    Last edited by Scarlet Wiccan; 05-05-2021 at 07:49 AM.

Miss Chavez has had more "adjustments" to her character than Jean Grey has died.

First, she's this out-of-nowhere-Baywatchy-space-babe with a hot temper and a mean right hook that nobody really foresaw becoming the phenomenon she is.

Then, SURPRISE, she's BACK and she knows Kid Loki and she's got a whole easy-to-cosplay color coded theme and stars are now her BRAND and Billy is her quasi-god and she's from this Wonder Woman-esque Paradise Utopia in spaaaaaaace

But wait, there's MOAR -- she's ACTUALLY a descendant of a seemingly Hispanic Alien race of Pro Wrestler Women created by Menstrual Magic Forces(?)....

Ah but you thought that was it didn't you?! Well THE TRUTH IS spoilers:
    ..... science experiment
    end of spoilers