Page 70 of 141 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2114
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Agreed. Maybe something Skrull or Kree related
    Well Mar-vell is Kree related. But I have liked Green Marvel. There are other "Colour Marvel" names so it wouldn't be the out of place.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Well Mar-vell is Kree related. But I have liked Green Marvel. There are other "Colour Marvel" names so it wouldn't be the out of place.
    I didn't think of that, but it's not a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    That's neat & all but I would prefer Young Avenger, Peter is an attention hog, Kamala, much like the comics put them in anything they take center stage, with Kamala & Riri already getting their own shows, Peter having his own movie series it's unnecessary to put them anywhere near the Young Avengers whom as far as we know so far are just being introduced throughout other series without having any major starring roles they can & should be their own thing.
    Plus, with Sony, idk if using Peter to put the team together is reliable for the long term

I feel that's where they're going. Of course, I think him choosing to be a hero can also work, but without the whole drug business
    Yesterday the executive producer was stating that they plan on going back to Bradley's story before the series ends. Hopefully that time will be used to fit Elijah in. Its cool that the writer and producer are both fully aware of Isaiah and Eli's story and have read the comics too. This is why my ears are perked up when considering Eli getting set for the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yesterday the executive producer was stating that they plan on going back to Bradley's story before the series ends. Hopefully that time will be used to fit Elijah in. Its cool that the writer and producer are both fully aware of Isaiah and Eli's story and have read the comics too. This is why my ears are perked up when considering Eli getting set for the MCU.
    Yeah, I think he probably won't do too much her, but this is more of an intro to set him up for future appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Good cause MCU Billy & Tommy are still getting clout everyday meanwhile Eli's hype has died down after only 2 weeks I hope they do right by him.

Ultimate Member

Good cause MCU Billy & Tommy are still getting clout everyday meanwhile Eli's hype has died down after only 2 weeks I hope they do right by him.
    To be fair, he hasn't done much yet because he's not as directly tied to the main heroes of the show as the other two were. But that may change when we see more of him.

Good news if you're in the UK - YA's getting reprinted.

https://downthetubes.net/?p=126167
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Was it ever explained, from in-universe point of view, why Teddy still use "Hulkling" name? It was proven quite quickly in the first series that he has no relation to Hulk, so why he kept using this name?
    No, there was never any explanation. It just kind of stuck for some reason. Allan Heinberg's original plan was for all Young Avengers (except for Kate, I think?) to get a new codename after the first arc, but then only Billy ended up getting a new one. Patriot was going to become Sentinel, Stature was going to become Titan, and Hulkling would become Chimera. I kind of wish they had gone through with Chimera for Teddy, 'cause it definitely fits him better than Hulkling. Now it's been too long and Marvel probably doesn't feel like changing because people got used to it. But they should. I hope the MCU makes a point about him not being an actual Hulk legacy so they can change his codename eventually, and then maybe the comics would follow suit, 'cause lord knows that is the only thing that could motivate them these days.

Well 1 Carol stole his father's legacy so theirs that, 2 Brand he's well known & received by that name if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Teddy has been Hulkling for longer than Carol has been Captain Marvel, so that's not really an excuse. On the time between Hulkling's introduction and Carol becoming Captain, there were like 3 different people who used the Captain Marvel name, and there wasn't even an attempt to give Teddy the name at all, which pisses me off. Noh-freaking-Varr got to be Captain Marvel, but Teddy didn't. He deserved to have a go at it too.

I think it's possible to have two separate teams considering the MCU already has Avengers and Guardians as separate groups
    As much as I wish for the Champions and YA to be separate in the MCU, I don't think this is a very good comparison. Avengers and Guardians fill completely different roles in different settings of the MCU, which is why they were never going to be the same group. The distinction between Champions and Young Avengers, while existent in the comics, is a lot less clear to a mainstream audience. They are two teams of teen/young legacy heroes with close ties to the Avengers, and some characters even represent the same legacies. It would be a lot easier to mesh them into one in the MCU because of those similarities. It's easier to make them co-exist in the comics because comics have more room to spare, but there's only so many productions you can do in live-action simultaneously, because they cost more time and money. This is why Marvel can publish 10 X-Men comics, but you'll never gonna see 10 X-Men movies being produced at the same time. Marvel Studios have to filter out the source material to remove redundancies, and unfortunately, two groups like YA/Champions may be seen as redundant to the studio. So I could see them mixing it up now or at least not doing the Champions while the YA are in the spotlight, so they would have to wait a number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    Just spell his name differently like they did with Excelsior.

T’Eh-Dee
    Having his own name as a hero codename is not very exciting... and it's just a very complicated spelling that doesn't come off as marketable. I still think he should go with a ''Captain Marvel'' adjacent name.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good news if you're in the UK - YA's getting reprinted.

https://downthetubes.net/?p=126167
    Ooooh, I love this cover. I mean, it's the same one from YA #1, but I like how they edited it, with their names on top and the little pictures besides the logo.

''The future of the Marvel Universe is here!'' is also a nice touch. YA is clearly doing numbers if they're even getting reprinted overseas with that kind of advertisement. The MCU is really doing wonders for the team, 'cause I've never seen Marvel doing so much for them when they don't even have a current new book out.

As a side note, ''Sidekicks'' as the name for the first arc is still funny to me, considering they were anything but in that story. I love a misleading promo. lol
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-13-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Ultimate Member

I see what you mean by two teams confusing the general audience, although if they have different storylines it may not be so confusing. However, would they all be on the same MCU team at once?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I see what you mean by two teams confusing the general audience, although if they have different storylines it may not be so confusing. However, would they all be on the same MCU team at once?
    I don't even think it's necessarily confusing. If we had both at the same time, I'm sure they could come up with ways to differentiate them. I just don't know if they WANT to differentiate them, because from a marketing standpoint, Marvel might not feel that need if they feel like both franchises would achieve similar goals within their shared universe (the face of a new, young generation of legacy heroes molded after the Avengers). It's more about redundancy than confusion, IMO.

And no, I don't think we would have ALL characters on the same team. Unfortunately for Champions fans, if there is a mix up, it seems like the Champions will get the short end of the stick, since the team will most likely be Young Avengers at its core, with a few Champions members sprinkled here and there. Which is why I don't think a merge is even necessary. The amount of YA characters we have in the MCU is more than enough to be a team of its own. You don't need extra people.

Ultimate Member

If they go with the main YA members, then the Champions characters will be solo or supporting characters

I think it also depends on the storyline

I don't understand how champions even keeps getting pushed when they continue to flop isn't this their third revamp in like 5 years of existence.

Extraordinary Member

I don't understand how champions even keeps getting pushed when they continue to flop isn't this their third revamp in like 5 years of existence.
    That’s every comic now

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    That’s every comic now

Yep...it is the new model...cancel and reboot with a new creative team....then 1/2 to 3/4 way thru the run revert to legacy numbering. Not confusing at all.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

They could always have Kamala and Riri join some form of an All New, All Different MCU Avengers team while the YA get to be YA. Granted, it might be weird having two young heroes on the main team and not the Young team, but I feel it's fair enough given that most YA characters are gonna have to share the screen with other characters for their time in the MCU, while the aforementioned two Champions are already getting shows literally named after them.

Also, on the subject of Teddy's name, why not something as annoyingly charming as Excelsior is now: maybe Pen-D'rgn or something like that for the Arthur theme lol