Page 102 of 141 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2114

That's a good point... wasn't Young Avengers the book that revealed David wasn't straight? I don't remember anything about him being gay coming up in New X-Men: Academy X.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's a good point... wasn't Young Avengers the book that revealed David wasn't straight? I don't remember anything about him being gay coming up in New X-Men: Academy X.
    He wasn't. And IIRC...he said he realized he was gay because of his power or something.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well Trevor clearly snuck him so at the least Leah is making it clear Tommy isn't supposed to be there. The only thing not clear is his feelings on the whole situation as we know he communicates with M-Day Victims, him & David are going strong & he pops over whenever he pleases I can't get a sense of how he feels about the pretender **** it's honestly annoying.

Meanwhile you got Billy who I fully believe is the main 1 with the issue highly convinced he's in Teddy's ear about this situation. It's honestly intriguing how the twins have different feelings on this matter & Wanda's overall legacy amongst mutants. I think Billy relates more to her on this which is why he's so pro-wanda while Tommy is sitting neutral due to David.
    And that's precisely the problem. If you're telling a story about Tommy, we need to know his feelings. But we don't, which is how we can probably tell he was never the priority here. I hope X-Factor can still surprise us, but with this being the last issue, I don't think there will be enough time for Tommy and his feelings on the whole Krakoa thing.

And yeah, I do like the idea of Billy and Tommy being on opposite sides of this Krakoa debate... but we won't fully know until someone actually writes them having a proper conversation about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Preview for the Pride issue!!! The BillyTeddy story is called "The Vows" and it seems like the Tommy and David story is about David's origins!

https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...mpression=true
    I've missed Gillen's take on Tommy. I think he captures his voice so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    He wasn't. And IIRC...he said he realized he was gay because of his power or something.
    David is bi, not gay. He literally says he's bi during Young Avengers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    David is bi, not gay. He literally says he's bi during Young Avengers.
    Thanks for the clarification...it has been a while since I read it.

Yo the Minimoffs swole as ****, specially Billy look at them chest gains! Though that's just a Mags trait.

YA Fans are eating Good! Also happy Jan is doing the actual art her style is more "serious" than Veechio

Yo the Minimoffs swole as ****, specially Billy look at them chest gains! Though that's just a Mags trait.
    But foreal though why is the whole family thicc?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Thrilled that Oliveira will be writing the boys again. Vecchio's art is cute, but I don't think it's well suited to superhero books. I'm glad that Bazaldua is getting work, but I have never cared for her art.

Incredible Member

But someone found it ironic that in Voices when talking about big gay moments, they talked about America #7(2017) -"America Chavez's origin story - including cosmic lesbians,"!

I hate the new retcon, hope Marvel ignores, even more than in the movie, her role as heroine traveling the multiverse is probably going to be important, right?

I hope will see how Billy & teddy get separated when SWORd rescues Teddy. Also Billy is the GOAT he's the powerhouse of the Guardians Ewing better write him as such!

Last edited by Journey; 06-25-2021 at 05:12 AM.

I love the concept of the cover, but I still hate when they draw Billy like this. Like, he should not have the same body type as Pietro and Erik... that's just wrong.

But anyway, that cover is VERY suggestive, and just fuels the theories that the murder could definitely be related to Erik's ''family''. It's drawn almost as if someone is targeting them, which doesn't bode well. Lorna is safe because of X-Men and Billy because of GOTG/TLA, but I'm scared for everyone else on that cover. Back on my Tommy paranoia.

YA Fans are eating Good! Also happy Jan is doing the actual art her style is more "serious" than Veechio
    Marvel is in this weird position where they clearly want to push Wiccan and Hulkling, but still can't bring themselves to give them more than a one-shot. Like, not even a miniseries. And it's so weird, 'cause these days even Reptil can get a mini. They need their own book.

Anyway, I really like this concept of a split narrative book, with Billy fighting on the magic side of things while Teddy fights on the cosmic side. Hopefully it'll be better than their last one-shot, which honestly just felt like a filler. In Oliveira we trust!

So X-Factor #10 came out in Australia already apparently, and there are already some big spoilers out there. I just saw one panel and don't know any more context.

spoilers:
    Anyone else cringed with Tommy finding Wanda's dead body and saying ''mommy'' like some little kid? Like.... IDK. But it was weird. Didn't feel like a Tommy way to react. But whatever. I'm glad he's alive, but I didn't want that to come at the expense of Wanda. Assuming that even is really her and there won't be any plot twists. And now I'm FULLY expecting Billy and Tommy to play bigger roles in The Trial Of Magneto. Tommy is a witness now, I guess, and Billy... I don't know what he's gonna do, but there's no way we wouldn't know his reaction to this whole thing.

And apparently there was some fucked up stuff with David too, but I don't know more details on that. All I know is people are pissed about it.
    end of spoilers

Leah Williams should be thankful this book is cancelled, 'cause she about to catch some heat from fans. lol

So X-Factor #10 came out in Australia already apparently, and there are already some big spoilers out there. I just saw one panel and don't know any more context.

spoilers:
    Anyone else cringed with Tommy finding Wanda's dead body and saying ''mommy'' like some little kid? Like.... IDK. But it was weird. Didn't feel like a Tommy way to react. But whatever. I'm glad he's alive, but I didn't want that to come at the expense of Wanda. Assuming that even is really her and there won't be any plot twists. And now I'm FULLY expecting Billy and Tommy to play bigger roles in The Trial Of Magneto. Tommy is a witness now, I guess, and Billy... I don't know what he's gonna do, but there's no way we wouldn't know his reaction to this whole thing.

And apparently there was some fucked up stuff with David too, but I don't know more details on that. All I know is people are pissed about it.
    end of spoilers

Leah Williams should be thankful this book is cancelled, 'cause she about to catch some heat from fans. lol
    The David **** is just people being dramatic I read the whole issue it's not that fucked up like people claiming. Tommy probably latches on to Billy & Wanda cause their his only family Billy has the Kaplan so I get it. I wonder if SWORD is gonna hide this from Billy cause the crossover is next month that be the time to drop the bomb.
    Last edited by Journey; 06-29-2021 at 12:35 PM.

spoilers:

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah, they should have stopped at "M-Mom"... The "mommy" was cringe.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

On the MCU front:
    spoilers:
    We now have our Kid Loki. That leaves Iron Lad, Prodigy and Noh-Varr. Though they may be replaced by Kamala Echo and Yelena
    end of spoilers