Page 95 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2114
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post

YA are Icons but we been knew that! Billy & Teddy paved the way we love to see it gay royalty can't nobody **** with them! ThinkFast, America, Noh, Loki they all the ****! I really hope David & Tommy get some shine in this issue since X-Factor is ending I really wanna see more of them!
    I love the fact that Wickling appears in it twice and the Young Avengers get a whole panel to themselves. Queer icons!

''America fights for the legacy of her moms'' doesn't hit the same after the retcon. Yeah, she fights... for the unethical experiment her moms put her through with some random science guy. lol

Also, it looks like, judging by the second image, that the narration is being done by David. Does that mean it's canon that David was inspired by Billy and Teddy when they first became heroes? That is an interesting thing, and it kinda makes me see David's brief crush on Teddy in a different way now.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Nate's back!!!!!!! Well, sorta since this is apparently a Kang origin story, but he's back! Looks like everyone but Jonas has come back in some capacity recently haha

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true
    Actually, judging by this article, it looks like our Nate really is back! They mention how it is a story about an older AND younger Nathaniel, and one of the writers even say they both are Young Avengers fans. So it's not crazy to think Nate's YA history will play some part here. The mention of older Nathaniel sending his younger self down a dark path is interesting. Maybe this will FINALLY be the villain origin story for Nate after the events of Avengers: The Children's Crusade. To this day, we still don't know what happened to him after that and what exactly led him to become a villain. I really hope this book takes place immediately after the events of that book. It would be such a good way to continue his story. I always hoped we would get this story in a new YA book, but getting a whole story for Nate is even better.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-14-2021 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I love the fact that Wickling appears in it twice and the Young Avengers get a whole panel to themselves. Queer icons!

Also, it looks like, judging by the second image, that the narration is being done by David. Does that mean it's canon that David was inspired by Billy and Teddy when they first became heroes? That is an interesting thing, and it kinda makes me see David's brief crush on Teddy in a different way now.
    Really cause I feel opposite if he was a fan the whole time now I'm looking at him extra sideways for kissing Teddy, & then getting with Billy's twin yeah when I put it that way that is a fan behavior to the highest degree no wonder he ain't get invited to the first wedding.

Look at what one of the writers of the Kang mini tweeted: https://twitter.com/JacksonLanzing/s...70315631800322

Y'aaaaall, I really think this book is supposed to be a continuation of Nate's story. This is so exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Really cause I feel opposite if he was a fan the whole time now I'm looking at him extra sideways for kissing Teddy, & then getting with Billy's twin yeah when I put it that way that is a fan behavior to the highest degree no wonder he ain't get invited to the first wedding.
    LMAO. I was thinking more along the lines of him being inspired by Billy and Teddy and part of him wanting what they had, which is why he did those things. I don't think it was malicious, though. Just a closeted person who had a hard time expressing himself and saw a chance to do that mirroring the experiences of people who were more open than he was.

That opens other questions for me, though, like what Teddy and Billy feel about the pressure of being a role model to other queer people in the Marvel Universe.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-14-2021 at 03:19 PM.

Incredible Member

Anyone bring up Billy's cameo in Captain Marvel last week?

He was Carol's third choice to teach her magic and it seems like he can't reveal his location or got contacted by Dr. Strange like all the others.

Yes - on April 21st! Did you pick up your comics late or something, because this came out three weeks ago, not last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speaking of CM, Billy cameoed in Captain Marvel #28
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I fell waaaay behind on my pull list and just caught up today.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I fell waaaay behind on my pull list and just caught up today.
    It happen sometimes and its not always possible to get comics on the day or even the week it comes out. Although it had been pointed out thanks for at least keeping an eye out and posting it in case it was missed.

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...merica-chavez/

The Illuminerdi is reporting that spoilers:
    America's role in Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness will be directly connected to Shuma Gorath. They claim the villain will be after her because of her powers.
    end of spoilers

I'm still lowkey pissed at The Illuminerdi for their Hulkling scoop for WandaVision, but they also got their scoop about MAC appearing in Doctor Strange right in the first place, so maybe they have more credibility with this movie. And this report actually fits the leaked audition we got for America quite well, if anyone remembers that spoilers:
    (America says she was being chased by a demon in one of her lines)
    end of spoilers. I can't help but feel that it seems like they are really leaning in on the fantastic side of MAC as a character, just when the comics are trying to fundamentally change that to make her more grounded. I'm thinking this comics change wasn't really done because of the MCU like some have speculated. It's possible it's gonna end up being another Captain Marvel situation.

This woman truly tryna make this whack ass retcon a thing so it seems *sighs*

AMERICA CHAVEZ: MADE IN THE USA #5 (of 5)

KALINDA VAZQUEZ (W)

CARLOS GÓMEZ (A)

Cover by SARA PICHELLI

VARIANT COVER BY TBA

She fought for her past. She chose to discover the truth. And now, with a new mission before her, AMERICA CHAVEZ’s life will never be the same.

I wonder if her new mission is to find out what happened to the other girls who were a part of the same experiment as her. I guess that would be one natural plot point after this series, although I'm not sure in which book this would happen, assuming AC:MITUSA doesn't get extended to another arc.

But more than that, I wonder what exactly will be her role in the Marvel Universe going forward. I can see two options: either this doesn't change anything at all and writers just keep using her the same way as before, just without mentioning the whole Utopian Parallel thing. Or ''grounding'' MAC and her powers will actually have some effect on her, with her becoming more of a street-level character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    But more than that, I wonder what exactly will be her role in the Marvel Universe going forward. I can see two options: either this doesn't change anything at all and writers just keep using her the same way as before, just without mentioning the whole Utopian Parallel thing. Or ''grounding'' MAC and her powers will actually have some effect on her, with her becoming more of a street-level character.
    I expect it will be the former. I don't think they are trying to turn her into a street-level hero; I think they are just trying to re-establish one of Marvel's most prominent and powerful Latina characters as an actual human Latina character and not some extra-dimensional being who looks human.

I think its the same sort of principle of representation that LGBT fans of Star Trek used to argue for in regards to Trek's earlier cases of LGBT inclusion. They didn't alien characters whose sexuality couldn't be defined the same way as a humans; and they didn't want alternate reality versions of characters--they wanted human LGBT characters in the Trek universe. Likewise, I think Marvel wants America Chavez to be undeniably a strong example of a Latina superhero....without the weird extra-dimensional backstory confusing or cluttering the issue.

Both the YA and Champions versions of Patriot are in Black Panther #25
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

If Eli is working with T'Challa...maybe His Highness could hook the dude up with a vibranium shield. Could be a way to bring this into 616.

Eli is the only Patriot I acknowledge.

Oh man, this art is beautiful and seeing them together is great.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8