Page 28 of 141 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I guess Finn does make sense since Stranger Things also films in Atlanta but I feel like he is such a big name that probably would have been rumored.

Billy and/or Teddy probably will be played by big-name actors regardless considering they already cast an unheard actor for Eli.
    I just hope we don't end up with the same issue Runaways had by casting Gregg Sulkinn as Chase and completely missing the mark on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Lmaoooo, I thought I was the only one that caught how spoilers:
    they made Billy so soft hearted and sensitive. And Tommy getting Fox-Men Peter's personality (which was basically Tommy with an americanized Pietro slapped onto him) was funny too. I guess that being a sensitive kid naturally leads to being gay? LOL, I mean, I relate, so xD.

But for real for for real, did you guys see that article about the rainbow flag from Marvel Direct? I mean, I get easter eggs and stuff, but like, I don't think they put that in there to say, "yeah, this kid in red? He's gonna be GAY in like two episodes time, get ready!" I think that's just a common kids craft. Now, if they got Billy stressing over the Halloween costume, then we can talk about hints and easter eggs lmaoo!

Overall though, they're being portrayed exactly how I thought they'd be.
    end of spoilers
    Lol, yeah, it may be kinda stereotypical, but I don't really mind. In fact recently I've been more annoyed by writers who worry too much about portraying gay characters as manly and ~just like the guys~ as possible.

I don't think the flag is a coincidence. Billy being of the most popular gay characters in comics is pretty common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So, uh.... people are speculating that Finn Wolfhard is playing teenage Billy on WandaVision because the actor who plays 10-year-old Billy started to follow a bunch of Marvel/Disney related accounts on Instagram (including the actor who played 5-year-old Billy) after episode 5 streamed and, among them, Finn, for some reason. He doesn't follow any of the actors who played Tommy, which is why people immediately jumped to the conclusion that him following Finn could mean they are playing the same character on the show. Now, obviously, this could mean nothing and he just happened to follow Finn for any other reason... but since so many of the Ms. Marvel cast actors were (correctly) guessed based on Instagram follows, you never know.

Finn wouldn't be my choice, but I guess I could learn to live with it. If they absolutely had to get one of those Stranger Things/It kids for Billy, Noah Schnapp or Jaeden Martell would've been my choices. YA fandom will absolutely be sent into a meltdown if any of those popular mainstream teen actors get cast, though. LOL
    Hm, I don't think so... I think Finn Wolfhard looks waay too different from both the actors that played Billy. He's a big mainstream actor so there's no need for Julian following him to have an ulterior motive. The whole Ms Marvel casting thing was a bunch of randoms. I think he looks a bit more similar to Jett Klyne, aka 10-yeard old Tommy, though? But even that is a reach. And Julian does follow Jett. There's a bunch of posts on their IG that show they spent some time together and all!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFWG8VBsUNh/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CFBdJSCDeSP/

I don't know about anybody else but seeing the twins on screen is unreal to me. It's like a dream because I honestly didn't think we'd get this far outside of fan casting and wild speculation.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Hm, I don't think so... I think Finn Wolfhard looks waay too different from both the actors that played Billy. He's a big mainstream actor so there's no need for Julian following him to have an ulterior motive. The whole Ms Marvel casting thing was a bunch of randoms. I think he looks a bit more similar to Jett Klyne, aka 10-yeard old Tommy, though? But even that is a reach. And Julian does follow Jett. There's a bunch of posts on their IG that show they spent some time together and all!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFWG8VBsUNh/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CFBdJSCDeSP/
    Yeah, I noticed Julian followed Jett after I researched his older follows. I was just looking at the recent ones and totally forgot that he probably followed him back when they were shooting a year ago or so.

And I totally agree that Finn doesn't look like the child actors they got for Billy, but at the same time, it's Marvel we're talking about, and they've done some wild recasts before where the actors looked nothing like each other. And with WandaVision being such a meta show that JUST made a joke about recast, I wouldn't be so shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So, uh.... people are speculating that Finn Wolfhard is playing teenage Billy on WandaVision because the actor who plays 10-year-old Billy started to follow a bunch of Marvel/Disney related accounts on Instagram (including the actor who played 5-year-old Billy) after episode 5 streamed and, among them, Finn, for some reason. He doesn't follow any of the actors who played Tommy, which is why people immediately jumped to the conclusion that him following Finn could mean they are playing the same character on the show. Now, obviously, this could mean nothing and he just happened to follow Finn for any other reason... but since so many of the Ms. Marvel cast actors were (correctly) guessed based on Instagram follows, you never know.

Finn wouldn't be my choice, but I guess I could learn to live with it. If they absolutely had to get one of those Stranger Things/It kids for Billy, Noah Schnapp or Jaeden Martell would've been my choices. YA fandom will absolutely be sent into a meltdown if any of those popular mainstream teen actors get cast, though. LOL
    I'm sorry but Billy is to cute for Marvel to play him like that with that casting.

Extraordinary Member

Where would new Young Avengers come from?

Certain Avengers such as Hercules and Namor have long lives of promiscuity.

As well there are certain weapons floating around out there like Khn'nr's (the Skrull Captain Marvel) Nega Bands.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

As well there are certain weapons floating around out there like Khn'nr's (the Skrull Captain Marvel) Nega Bands.
    Starfox and Hercules could fill a room with young Avengers.

Tigra’s son is growing quickly. His Skrull-werecat genes might have him reach his teens soon.

Since the orginal Young Avengers were based on “classic Avengers,” there really should be a Wonder Man equivalent.

Swordsman already has a daughter on the European superhero team.

There’s a female Black Knight on the Young Masters who might be Nathan Garrett’s daughter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Starfox and Hercules could fill a room with young Avengers.

Tigra’s son is growing quickly. His Skrull-werecat genes might have him reach his teens soon.

Since the orginal Young Avengers were based on “classic Avengers,” there really should be a Wonder Man equivalent.

Swordsman already has a daughter on the European superhero team.

There’s a female Black Knight on the Young Masters who might be Nathan Garrett’s daughter.
    As long as we don't run into anymore random Wolverine kids.

No need for that. If they wanted a Wolverine legacy on the team, they could just use Laura or Gabby.

Likewise for Spider-Man, they could use Spider-Girl Anya Corazon.

For Thor, there's Thunderstrike, Kevin Masterson.

And for Captain Marvel, Kamala's not her only legacy character. She once gave an old costume to Ultra Girl, who, like Carol was later revealed to be, is half-Kree, half-human.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Am I the only one that wanted Sylvia Enchantress to join the Young Avengers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No need for that. If they wanted a Wolverine legacy on the team, they could just use Laura or Gabby.

Likewise for Spider-Man, they could use Spider-Girl Anya Corazon.

For Thor, there's Thunderstrike, Kevin Masterson.

And for Captain Marvel, Kamala's not her only legacy character. She once gave an old costume to Ultra Girl, who, like Carol was later revealed to be, is half-Kree, half-human.
    I don't think Laura or Gabby should join...the YA don't need a Wolverine

Anya and Kevin are good for me.

I think Ultra Girl may be a little old for the team...she is dating Justice so I would think she is his ageish.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think Laura or Gabby should join...the YA don't need a Wolverine

Anya and Kevin are good for me.

I think Ultra Girl may be a little old for the team...she is dating Justice so I would think she is his ageish.
    If Eli doesn’t rejoin, there’s also Rikki Barnes as a Junior Cap/Bucky, who’s bisexual.

America Chavez already has the star spangled roster spot.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

If Eli doesn’t rejoin, there’s also Rikki Barnes as a Junior Cap/Bucky, who’s bisexual.
    Rikki and Anya back on the same team would be nice.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I've said this before, but I'll say it again because I haven't changed my mind on this yet. My ideal pitch for new Young Avengers members would be:

- Toni Ho as the new Iron Man legacy
    - Lyra Walters as the new Hulk legacy
    - Modi Thorson as the new Thor legacy
    - Namorita as a Namor legacy
    - Shuri as a Black Panther legacy

And then bring back Jonas somehow or add Viv to the team as the Vision legacy. As you can tell, I really like the idea of family legacy members joining the team. I feel like that would be a good line-up, and it would cover all major corners of the Avengers mythology that the team would need to stay relevant and connected to the larger Marvel Universe.

That actually could be cool. I don't think DC has a well established Wonder Boy, do they? So I could see Marvel securing that, much like they were able to secure Wonder Man.

I also think that they could perhaps add some legacy to modern, 2000s Avengers. Like maybe canonize Sentress in the 616 universe as a Sentry legacy, or have a new character take on the abandoned Jewel mantle left behind by Jessica Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think the team needs a Captain Marvel legacy, since Teddy already sort of fills that role. He just needs to dump the whole Hulkling shtick and be a proper Marvel. I'm kinda hoping that happens to him in the MCU and it inspires some synergy, because I'm starting to lose hope the comics will give him the rebranding he deserves. If Empyre didn't do that, I'm not sure what will.

Am I the only one that wanted Sylvia Enchantress to join the Young Avengers
    I'd be ok with that too. She was the only Young Master who ''passed the membership test'' back on YA: Dark Reign, so she was almost a member once. I think she could have a fun dynamic with the team, and it would be nice for Billy to have a fellow mage to interact with.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-08-2021 at 02:11 PM.