Page 65 of 141 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Would Marvel do that? Plus, those two may not want kids.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Would Marvel do that? Plus, those two may not want kids.
    I mean I don't know if Marvel is ever going to have them have kids at all, I'm just talking theoretically.

I just find the "Teddy shapeshifts to be female" idea to be very heteronormative and homophobic. I really don't think Marvel should do something like that especially considering that Wiccan and Hulkling are basically their marquee gay male characters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I mean I don't know if Marvel is ever going to have them have kids at all, I'm just talking theoretically.

I just find the "Teddy shapeshifts to be female" idea to be very heteronormative and homophobic. I really don't think Marvel should do something like that especially considering that Wiccan and Hulkling are basically their marquee gay male characters.
    Yeah, if Wiccan is attracted to men, why would Hulkling thunk becoming a woman is good?

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Yeah, if Wiccan is attracted to men, why would Hulkling thunk becoming a woman is good?
    Yeah, and like I said; it's not just problematic but unnecessary based on in-canon logic. If Marvel wanted them to have kids having them conceive their kids in that way would be such a cop-out.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, and like I said; it's not just problematic but unnecessary based on in-canon logic. If Marvel wanted them to have kids having them conceive their kids in that way would be such a cop-out.
    That was a thing Claremont thought about doing years ago with Mystique and Destiny....making them Nightcrawler's biological parent. But Marvel put the kibosh on that.

Ultimate Member

IIRC, Teddy's already got the ability to shapeshift parts of his body, and even move his internal structures around, so he should be able to produce the necessary plumbing for babymaking *without* any exterior change in gender. But that sounds like terrible fanfic, so perhaps they should just adopt?

Extraordinary Member

I mean, it could work if they are just a "normal" couple.
    But Teddy is an Emperor now, and this role will naturally needs an heir. Of course the sliding timeline will effectively make Teddy and Billy ageless. But there will be some outer push for Teddy to have biological offspring I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    IIRC, Teddy's already got the ability to shapeshift parts of his body, and even move his internal structures around, so he should be able to produce the necessary plumbing for babymaking *without* any exterior change in gender. But that sounds like terrible fanfic, so perhaps they should just adopt?
    My brain is now running Oglaf's "son of Kronar" story.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, it could work if they are just a "normal" couple.
    But Teddy is an Emperor now, and this role will naturally needs an heir. Of course the sliding timeline will effectively make Teddy and Billy ageless. But there will be some outer push for Teddy to have biological offspring I think.
    Does he? Maybe he should push against that and say "I don't need a biological heir".

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Star Prince, son of Wiccan and Hulkling apparently conceived by Teddy shapeshifting to a female form, by Jorge Santamaria Garcia (from CBR's Line it is Drawn).

https://www.cbr.com/what-would-their...-like-gallery/
    The art is really good. Probably the best of the bunch. And the backstory of the character is interesting enough; I'd just change the part where he has to be taken away from his parents as a teenager. I know tearing a family apart is some people's idea of good drama, but it doesn't have to be. If the point of him going away is to train his Chaos Magic, he can do that... while also being able to have his parents in his life? It's not mutually exclusive, and I don't see why Billy and Teddy would just let their minor child be taken away from them. I'd say it would make even more sense for Billy to be there to help him with the magic anyway.

Is this a canon character?
    No, it's just fanart, as the article explains.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ugh this, we've seen to my knowledge at least 2 different incarnations of Billy & Teddy's potential future offspring both were Green if my memory serves me! Also I strongly get the feeling Billy would sooner pull a Wanda & make more Mephisto babies then insert the full might of the Demiurge into a female Teddy.
    We've only seen one of Billy and Teddy's AU children, the Skrull-looking boy. The other child, a girl named Katie, was never shown on panel, so we don't really know how she looks like.

I really hate the whole; "Teddy shapeshifting into a female to get pregnant thing". It's completely unnecessary. Teddy has already been confirmed to be able to shapeshift his internal organs and once moved his brain into a different part of his body than his head. Billy and Teddy could have sex as they normally do and Teddy would only need to do a bit of internal rearranging to become pregnant.
    Same. Honestly, I'd skip the whole male pregnancy thing anyway. I feel like the whole idea of one of them HAVING to give birth, even in male form, still to be kinda heteronormative. I guess it would be one thing if the point was to show trans male representation, but since I doubt that would be the case (we have strong evidence that Teddy was assigned male at birth, so I don't think he's trans), it would feel like a cheap way to portray an experience that just doesn't belong to those characters. So I would prefer if their experience of having children actually mirrors the experiences of real life cis gay couples. Despite their fantastical background, the great thing about Wickling is that they are the ''gay couple next door'' and that's what makes them relatable to me, so I think that should be a factor if they decide to have children someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, I don't see Teddy preferring the complication of getting pregnant and giving birth over adopting, when he is an adoptee himself. I bet he's gonna come across many intergalactic orphans during his space adventures (like the Kree and Skrull kids from Empyre), so I think it would be nice if he decided to give them a home the same way he was given one when he was a baby.

Extraordinary Member

Why not just create a mix of Teddy's and Billy's DNA and put it in a Skrull egg that has had it's DNA wiped from it to create a mix of their DNA for a biological kid.

Ultimate Member

I think they could just adopt. So many heroes are adopted anyway

Yeah there are multiple cosmic, alien, and/or magic alternatives that would be far better than having Teddy become female. I’d much rather they stay true to the gay male experience when deciding to have children and either adopt or go through surrogacy or just sidestep it altogether and have them magic one up. Pregnant Teddy would just seem tone deaf. Like a poor attempt at subversion while simultaneously portraying problematic stereotypes that gay men need to play to heteronormative roles in a relationship.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Posted by Marvel Entertainment:

Not sure why they called Cassie Giant-Girl. I think Kate might've called her that at one point as a nickname, but it was a little weird to go with that in the video since they called everyone else by their actual hero codenames.

Yeah, that's odd. 616 Cassie has two codenames, Stature and Stinger. She was never Giant-Girl. In YA vol 1 she did initially suggest the name Ant-Girl, but became Stature instead because she wasn't able to obtain her father's helmet and thus lacked the ability to control ants (a power she only gained when she became Stinger much later). I thought maybe they confused her with her Ultimate counterpart, but she was Giant-Woman and then Stature.

The only person actually called Giant-Girl is actually Marvel Adventures Janet van Dyne.

I think they could just adopt. So many heroes are adopted anyway
    An adopted child wouldn't be eligible for the throne. Also, would the Alliance approve of an heir who was 1/4 Skrull, 1/4 Kree, and 1/2 Earthling?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-11-2021 at 09:54 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman