Page 88 of 141 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2114

Any retcon also needs to explain why there aren't alternate Americas in other universes.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Any retcon also needs to explain why there aren't alternate Americas in other universes.
    I think this ship has sailed already. If not with Secret Wars, then with Marvel Rising. If not with Marvel Rising, then with MCU America, who will obviously not be the same America we know from the comics, since she's younger. The whole thing about America being unique in the entire multiverse was just word of God by Gillen and not an actual plot point established in any book, so Marvel can probably easily ignore that.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-02-2021 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think this ship has sailed already. If not with Secret Wars, then with Marvel Rising. If not with Marvel Rising, then with MCU America, who will obviously not be the same America we know from the comics, since she's younger. The whole thing about America being unique in the entire multiverse was just word of God by Gillen and not an actual plot point established in any book, so Marvel can probably easily ignore that.
    For one, TV/movie universes are rarely actually considered part of the multiverse outside of handbooks.

Two, maybe now that she’s in 616 for long enough universes do have a response to her.

But it was definitely not word of god it was a clear actual plot point in YA vol. 2, where it was an explicit mystery why there were no other Americas among all the mayflies.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    For one, TV/movie universes are rarely actually considered part of the multiverse outside of handbooks.

Two, maybe now that she’s in 616 for long enough universes do have a response to her.

But it was definitely not word of god it was a clear actual plot point in YA vol. 2, where it was an explicit mystery why there were no other Americas among all the mayflies.
    Well, we do know the MCU is considered a part of the Marvel multiverse. That universe (Earth 199999) was actually one of the universes ''stamped'' on Loki's multiversal passport on Gillen's run, meaning the Young Avengers actually visited that world while multiverse hopping.

And maybe I'm misremembering, but I don't recall Gillen's run outright saying America was unique in the multiverse. Maybe they created a mystery, but I only recall the actual explanation about why she didn't have any alternative counterparts coming from Gillen's Tumblr when someone asked him.

Ok with the release date of Dr Strange spoiled & even the release date of Ant-Man I have to say the likelihood of them recasting the twins seems less & less likely to me I'm sorry at this exact moment in time I don't see it happening!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ok with the release date of Dr Strange spoiled & even the release date of Ant-Man I have to say the likelihood of them recasting the twins seems less & less likely to me I'm sorry at this exact moment in time I don't see it happening!
    You mean just for MoM, or the whole MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You mean just for MoM, or the whole MCU?
    Whole MCU Multiverse is happening in 2022, Ant Man is 2023, Secret Invasion also 22 or 23, Captain America 4 probably late 2023 or early 24 which is are best shot of seeing Eli Again, which means any Young Avengers thing will happen late 24 or early 25 at which point Julian & Jett will likely be age appropriate so theirs no need too recast. The only problem is Kate & Cassie are old as hell but that's Marvel's fault.

Ultimate Member

Whole MCU Multiverse is happening in 2022, Ant Man is 2023, Secret Invasion also 22 or 23, Captain America 4 probably late 2023 or early 24 which is are best shot of seeing Eli Again, which means any Young Avengers thing will happen late 24 or early 25 at which point Julian & Jett will likely be age appropriate so theirs no need too recast. The only problem is Kate & Cassie are old as hell but that's Marvel's fault.
    Ok. Considering the kids aged in the show, they could do it again in the MCU. Then again, it would be odd to see early 30s Wanda with teenage sons

We don't know we would only be getting Young Avengers in 2024 or 25. If they are a Disney+ show instead of a movie, then they could very well fit in the slate for 2023, since we know NOTHING about what shows will stream that year.

We don't know we would only be getting Young Avengers in 2024 or 25. If they are a Disney+ show instead of a movie, then they could very well fit in the slate for 2023, since we know NOTHING about what shows will stream that year.
    Yeah I don't think this is any confirmation one way or the other. Anything could happen and the slate could even expand with more announcements in the coming months. More solid evidence will probably come with Teddy's casting, which could be soon if he debuts in Secret Invasion.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Yeah, I'm still not convinced that Young Avengers won't be a Disney+ series. It'll be a lot safer for the gay characters if it is a series instead of a movie as well, so it's probably for the best if it does end up as a Disney+ series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Yeah I don't think this is any confirmation one way or the other. Anything could happen and the slate could even expand with more announcements in the coming months. More solid evidence will probably come with Teddy's casting, which could be soon if he debuts in Secret Invasion.
    I agree. Once we know how old the actor playing Hulkling is that'll tell us if they're aging up Wiccan or not.

Ok so if Hulkling comes to the MCU who do yall think his parents are going to be since Mar-vell is dead?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

Is anyone else annoyed there was not Cassie involvement in Outlawed? You would think a teenage girl who is her father's sidekick would be a no brainer for a series or at least a one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I agree. Once we know how old the actor playing Hulkling is that'll tell us if they're aging up Wiccan or not.
    Which is why I'm dying to know the tea on that Skrull casting call for WandaVision that was apparently scrapped. If that was really supposed to be Hulkling and they were looking for an actor within the age range of 16-23 just last year, then that is pretty much a confirmation that the child actors for Billy and Tommy were never meant to be permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Ok so if Hulkling comes to the MCU who do yall think his parents are going to be since Mar-vell is dead?
    I've been saying it for a while, but I think the best compromise is making Genis-Vell be his dad and keep Anelle as his mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Is anyone else annoyed there was not Cassie involvement in Outlawed? You would think a teenage girl who is her father's sidekick would be a no brainer for a series or at least a one shot.
    At the beginning I was kind of looking forward to see any potential involvement the Young Avengers could have in Outlawed, but looking at how this event turned out to be so underwhelming compared to what Marvel promoted it to be and no one other than the Champions got much out of it, I'm not even that upset that the YA weren't dragged into it. But I guess getting a new Cassie-led book would've been nice at least.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I heard it suggested somewhere that Mar-Vell from CM1 would be the mother of the actual original Captain Marvel, who'd then be the father of Teddy