Page 13 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

If a new YA book comes along...do you want only the same characters brought back? Or do you want new characters bought into the team? Either existing (Spider-Girl, Thunderstrike, etc) or all new characters who are legacies of past Avengers.

Personally...and I have mentioned this before...I want a team that would have Eli, Kate and Cassie assemble a new team with 1 or 2 new members who are existing characters and 3-4 all new characters tied in some way to Avengers history. Team total of 8.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I would prefer characters who have been on the team before (basically all the living/active OG members + America and maybe even Noh if he's not too busy getting railed by Hercules ) BUT, if I had to pick a new roster, I'd say those three you mentioned plus Tommy, cause god does he need something to do. Also, keep new members in the young adult range and NOT teen range. We don't need them to overlap with the Champions, and I don't want them to have to age them down writing wise to fit with younger members. Also, get some substantial queer rep, that has to be #1 on the list for me. This team has always been a comfort read, especially for my younger gay ass self, so I hope a future iteration can be the same for another young queer reader.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I would prefer characters who have been on the team before (basically all the living/active OG members + America and maybe even Noh if he's not too busy getting railed by Hercules ) BUT, if I had to pick a new roster, I'd say those three you mentioned plus Tommy, cause god does he need something to do. Also, keep new members in the young adult range and NOT teen range. We don't need them to overlap with the Champions, and I don't want them to have to age them down writing wise to fit with younger members. Also, get some substantial queer rep, that has to be #1 on the list for me. This team has always been a comfort read, especially for my younger gay ass self, so I hope a future iteration can be the same for another young queer reader.
    I understand the nostalgia of bringing back the Original line up...The FF always go back to it, the X-Men from time to time have a writer come along who gives us the O5 on a mission, and I would love to see the original Avengers (Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Wasp and throw in Cap) come together to finally bring back Hank Pym without Ultron.

But...if a team does not evolve it stagnates. Your run out of stories just keep re-hashing the same things over and over.

As far as age...I am good with young adult...18, 19 and up....but Cassie is only 16 and I am not against a couple being around that age.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    If a new YA book comes along...do you want only the same characters brought back? Or do you want new characters bought into the team? Either existing (Spider-Girl, Thunderstrike, etc) or all new characters who are legacies of past Avengers.

Personally...and I have mentioned this before...I want a team that would have Eli, Kate and Cassie assemble a new team with 1 or 2 new members who are existing characters and 3-4 all new characters tied in some way to Avengers history. Team total of 8.
    I would like a team of Eli, Cassie, Tommy, and Jonas. With 3-4 new members using actually characters you put for example, along with Luna Maximoff and one more who can fit that feel of other heroes. I feel that the others have for a better lack of a word outgrown Young Avengers. Kate was leading other teams, Billy is a rising Magic Star, and Teddy is a freaking Emperor of a Galactic Super Power.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I would like a team of Eli, Cassie, Tommy, and Jonas. With 3-4 new members using actually characters you put for example, along with Luna Maximoff and one more who can fit that feel of other heroes. I feel that the others have for a better lack of a word outgrown Young Avengers. Kate was leading other teams, Billy is a rising Magic Star, and Teddy is a freaking Emperor of a Galactic Super Power.
    Agreed. Billy and Teddy are hands-down my favorite Young Avengers, but I feel like they've 'leveled up' (as have Kate, Noh-Varr and America Chavez) and Eli, Cassie and Tommy *really* need a chance to shine without them hogging the spotlight.

Those three, and perhaps a few of the other young heroes already out there, such as some Initiative folk (Komodo?) or Avengers Academy folk (Reptil, Finesse, Striker?), etc. could be neat, or even one or two new characters, from the list of names presented by Vision in Young Avengers 1 (IIRC). Maybe even a Runaway, New X-Man, Future Foundation member, New New Warrior (Sun Girl!), etc. if they aren't currently a thing.

The Runaways are currently a thing so they're unavailable. The Academy X era New X-Men have been reunited in X-Factor, so the good news is they're all alive again. However, bear in mind Dust was in that group, and she joined the Champions, so it would have that overlap Waking Replica didn't want. What you called the New New Warriors (no longer an appropriate name considering there was meant to be an even newer NW team) apparently broke up before ANAD Avengers started (Nova didn't mention already being on another team when he joined the Avengers) so yes most of them are available. The Future Foundation disbanded a few months ago, partly so that Power Pack could be brought back (Alex and Julie had both been with the FF). Bentley stayed with the Fantastic Four (along with the adult Dragon Man and Lyja), but the other kids went their separate ways and thus, except for the Powers, would be available.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

How would you bring him back? He was basically just the AI in Kang/Iron Lad's armor and that armor is gone. New body? Same or different powers??

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So, going through some recent interviews with Kevin Feige and Elizabeth Olsen about WandaVision:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/docto...1853#gs.qwv4a7
    https://tvline.com/2021/01/22/wandav...izabeth-olsen/

When asked about Wanda's ''other family members'' besides Pietro and Magneto, likely referring to the Minimoffs, Feige literally replied with ''who or WHAT they are''... emphasis on WHAT here. I really feel like they are going to do something more or less like the comics to explain the nature of the babies. Which brings us to Elizabeth's interview... notice how she very clearly emphasizes the babies are REAL. I like that, because every now and then we have the whole ''the babies were never real'' take coming from comic books, which I honestly hate because it makes NO sense when you take Wiccan and Speed into consideration (if the babies were never real, then how did they have souls that reincarnated?). So seeing this reassurance that they're real is nice, and could be a way to hint that we're not done with them after the show.

I feel that the others have for a better lack of a word outgrown Young Avengers. Kate was leading other teams, Billy is a rising Magic Star, and Teddy is a freaking Emperor of a Galactic Super Power.
    That's not how Marvel sees it, though. In the very announcement about Wickling joining the GOTG on the Marvel website, they are referred to as Young Avengers. In Empyre, they also kept being referred to as Young Avengers. Like it or not, that is brand recognition. 15 years from now, I doubt anyone will be calling them New Avengers, but 15 (almost 16) years after Young Avengers, that title is still used for them in the comics. So Marvel might as well cash in on that brand while they still can because the characters are still young. And with MCU Young Avengers likely coming around the corner, that is going to be truer than ever. I don't think Billy and Teddy are getting rid of that title anytime soon.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-23-2021 at 06:37 AM.

How would you bring him back? He was basically just the AI in Kang/Iron Lad's armor and that armor is gone. New body? Same or different powers??
    Billy could literally restore Jonas with the snap of his fingers if he really cared enough he just doesn't give a ****.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Billy could literally restore Jonas with the snap of his fingers if he really cared enough he just doesn't give a ****.
    That makes it a little too easy. Why didn't he just do that with Cassie when she died? Put some thought into it. Maybe he did a burst transmission and put his 'mind' on the internet and eventually finds an LMD or other body to inhabit.

That makes it a little too easy. Why didn't he just do that with Cassie when she died? Put some thought into it. Maybe he did a burst transmission and put his 'mind' on the internet and eventually finds an LMD or other body to inhabit.
    Well one as soon as Cassie died Billy went into a crippling depression, two she's human and the one time he tried to ressurect a human we got Mother, three Jonas is just a bunch of lines of code all he needs is a shell which Billy could provide if he actually cared unfortunately it seems like he just doesn't care. The only one who really cared when Jonas died was Tommy but he's moved on to so. IDK for headcanon purposes so they don't look like trash friends I choose to believe Stark, Rodgers, & real Vision just forbid the ressurection of Jonas and have him sealed in a vault or something.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I think another thing to think about when considering Vol. 3 is why they get back together in the first place. Who are they fighting? Why are they fighting? Will they get another Avengers level villain like in vol 1? Or will they get their own villain like vol 2?

And to that, what would the central theme be? Vol 1 was centered around hidden legacies and family, while vol 2 was very much the power of pop culture and youth. I could see vol 3 being about the transition from teen to adult and what that means, where I would specifically focus on Eli and Tommy. Eli left superhero-ing to pursue law, and has essentially "grown up" and gotten a "real" job, while Tommy tried to work and "grow up" but realized it isn't as magical as the world makes it out to be. Even give some love to Cassie, and talk about how she feels seeing ALL her friends grow older, exploring how she feels about her death and how she was essentially left behind while everyone moved on.

I think the OG crop of YA members are the perfect characters to portray that transition, thematically because they're basically the middle children of Marvel, sandwiched between the Runaways who've consistently had a presence, and the Champions, the brand new shiny toys for Marvel, but also literally because they've also very visibly aged vs other characters staying the same, or not having noticeable changes.

I know Marvel will probably try to make them vol 2/Champions 2.0 and have them be all goofy and pop culture-y, but I really want the third volume to match their ages and be a bit more serious. Explore Eli's time away from hero life, Tommy's past, etc. So much story to cover, and hopefully it gets past 12/13 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well one as soon as Cassie died Billy went into a crippling depression, two she's human and the one time he tried to ressurect a human we got Mother, three Jonas is just a bunch of lines of code all he needs is a shell which Billy could provide if he actually cared unfortunately it seems like he just doesn't care. The only one who really cared when Jonas died was Tommy but he's moved on to so. IDK for headcanon purposes so they don't look like trash friends I choose to believe Stark, Rodgers, & real Vision just forbid the ressurection of Jonas and have him sealed in a vault or something.
    It's much easier to just believe Billy can't actually bring him back. Like I know he's uber powerful and all but he's not there yet (and I doubt we'll ever actually see him like that outside of alternate futures and universes lol).

Extraordinary Member

I think another thing to think about when considering Vol. 3 is why they get back together in the first place. Who are they fighting? Why are they fighting? Will they get another Avengers level villain like in vol 1? Or will they get their own villain like vol 2?

And to that, what would the central theme be? Vol 1 was centered around hidden legacies and family, while vol 2 was very much the power of pop culture and youth. I could see vol 3 being about the transition from teen to adult and what that means, where I would specifically focus on Eli and Tommy. Eli left superhero-ing to pursue law, and has essentially "grown up" and gotten a "real" job, while Tommy tried to work and "grow up" but realized it isn't as magical as the world makes it out to be. Even give some love to Cassie, and talk about how she feels seeing ALL her friends grow older, exploring how she feels about her death and how she was essentially left behind while everyone moved on.

I think the OG crop of YA members are the perfect characters to portray that transition, thematically because they're basically the middle children of Marvel, sandwiched between the Runaways who've consistently had a presence, and the Champions, the brand new shiny toys for Marvel, but also literally because they've also very visibly aged vs other characters staying the same, or not having noticeable changes.

I know Marvel will probably try to make them vol 2/Champions 2.0 and have them be all goofy and pop culture-y, but I really want the third volume to match their ages and be a bit more serious. Explore Eli's time away from hero life, Tommy's past, etc. So much story to cover, and hopefully it gets past 12/13 issues.
    This makes me think of when DC merged Teen Titans and Young Justice together as the new Teen Titans or the Young Justice TV show Season 2 where you had the senior members helping mentor the newer/younger members...and that is sort of what I want to see with a new YA book. The senior members (Eli, Kate, Cassie) being sort of mentors to new young heroes. They've been there, done that, got the T-shirt...so it would behoove the newbies to listen to them.

Yeah, there's no point in doing what Champions is already doing, as in that case you might as well just have ex-YAs join the Champs. YA should be the more experienced youth team, and Champions mostly newbies (Amadeus and Dust are old hands compared to everyone else, having debuted at around the same time as most of the YAs). Think Nightwing's Titans vs Damian's Teen Titans.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman