Page 127 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2114
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    With the "Possibilities" theme, it seemed more like Agatha was trying to test them rather than hurt them. The show seems to be inspiring her transformation into a "trickster mentor" figure which, to be fair, there is precedent for in the comics.
    I mean, the way she was drawn in that one particular panel definitely had ''evil'' written all over it. But like I said, hopefully it's just a misdirect.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I notice that they mentioned the possibility of Northstar and Iceman inviting them back to their place. That's Krakoa of course. Is it set after Trial of Magneto? Because Billy's been there already if so.
    Trial Of Magneto doesn't even make chronological sense within itself, so I'm not expecting this mini series to take any of that into consideration. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    With peace and love, this is one of the beefs I have with this book. WHY invite the gays of Krakoa? I LOVE Krakoa and I LOVE those gays specifically but this doesn't make sense. Billy and Teddy know PLENTY of gays to invite for a GAY dinner party but they opt to invite (again, with peace and love, and I say this as a man pushing 40) THE OLD gays??

What about Tommy and David? America and Ramone? Noh Varr and Hercules? Phyla and Moondragon? Those lesbians from their time with Roberto's Avengers? sigh
    If we're talking about age... Hercules is like thousands years older than them, LOL. I'm pretty sure Phyla and Heather are older too. I don't think there needs to be any deeper reasons for Jean-Paul/Kyle/Bobby to be there. It's a comic book where the writer simply wanted gay people to be in the same story, and those are the people he chose. I don't think it's a big deal.

Eek at the “old gays” comments.

And yeah, Hercules prolly has all of Marvel’s gays combined beat in age.

Possibly unpopular opinion, but I liked the Infinite comic. Yeah, it's back to the same trope of breaking up the "perfect couple," but the artwork and the writing I thought was solid. Ultimately, I love seeing Billy and Teddy's dynamic in every which way, and here we get to see new anxieties and complexity in their relationship as they "grow up."

Also, while this is mostly head canon, I do find it intriguing that the two times we see their relationship get tested it's by mystical "baddies" (Loki and now spoilers:
    Agatha
    end of spoilers). And we also saw that Billy can only truly come close to unlocking his full potential as an incarnation of the demiurge when he and Teddy are together (true love, so on and so forth). It's almost like these magical peeps want to keep them apart, or, at least, in doubt, until they can steal or manipulate the power of the demiurge. Again, pure speculation on my part.

This cover's pissing me off already by putting Billy and Tommy with the X-Men instead of the Avengers. I realize they probably did this so they could be on the ''family'' side, but that doesn't work either, because they barely interact with those people. They've never even talked to Lorna, for crying out loud. And fucking Wolverine is there too for some reason, and Billy wouldn't be caught dead siding with that one. Ugh. I realize the cover might be just symbolic and not really represent the content, but I just think it sums up everything that's wrong with this book. Funny how I went from wanting them to be on this to wishing for them to stay as far away as possible from it.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScarlet View Post
    Possibly unpopular opinion, but I liked the Infinite comic. Yeah, it's back to the same trope of breaking up the "perfect couple," but the artwork and the writing I thought was solid. Ultimately, I love seeing Billy and Teddy's dynamic in every which way, and here we get to see new anxieties and complexity in their relationship as they "grow up."

Also, while this is mostly head canon, I do find it intriguing that the two times we see their relationship get tested it's by mystical "baddies" (Loki and now spoilers:
    Agatha
    end of spoilers). And we also saw that Billy can only truly come close to unlocking his full potential as an incarnation of the demiurge when he and Teddy are together (true love, so on and so forth). It's almost like these magical peeps want to keep them apart, or, at least, in doubt, until they can steal or manipulate the power of the demiurge. Again, pure speculation on my part.
    Oh, I would LOVE if this turned out to be an elaborate story about the Demiurge... but considering the style and format, I doubt it, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-04-2021 at 09:48 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

This cover's pissing me off already by putting Billy and Tommy with the X-Men instead of the Avengers. I realize they probably did this so they could be on the ''family'' side, but that doesn't work either, because they barely interact with those people. They've never even talked to Lorna, for crying out loud. And fucking Wolverine is there too for some reason, and Billy wouldn't be caught dead siding with that one. Ugh. I realize the cover might be just symbolic and not really represent the content, but I just think it sums up everything that's wrong with this book. Funny how I went from wanting them to be on this to wishing for them to stay as far away as possible from it.

Oh, I would LOVE if this turned out to be an elaborate story about the Demiurge... but considering the style and format, I doubt it, unfortunately.
    So are they trying to integrate Wiccan & Speed into the X-Men now?

Ya know I could see Tommy siding with the X-men but Billy I just don't see him giving 2 f*cks about the mutant plight X-Gene or no X-Gene, also between Wolverine trying to kill him, Brands gaslighting, Starks Civil War **** he should honestly not f*ck with either X-Men or Avengers IMO their beneath notice for a prince & God like himself.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ya know I could see Tommy siding with the X-men but Billy I just don't see him giving 2 f*cks about the mutant plight X-Gene or no X-Gene, also between Wolverine trying to kill him, Brands gaslighting, Starks Civil War **** he should honestly not f*ck with either X-Men or Avengers IMO their beneath notice for a prince & God like himself.
    Tbf, some of those portrayals of Wolverine and Iron Man are more character assassination than development.

I don't see why Tommy or Billy would closely side with the X-men so far considering they're not that close from what I've seen. Sure, it would be good if they could have more peaceable relations with other mutants, and less conflict. But considering the current situation, things might be moving a little quickly

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    So are they trying to integrate Wiccan & Speed into the X-Men now?
    I don't think so. Jordan D. White said just a while back that they're not X-Men characters and therefore the X-office doesn't have much control over them. I think that's still true. This cover is just a poor attempt to put Billy and Tommy with the House Of Magnus side... but like I said, it just doesn't work when you think about the characters and their dynamics. I see no reason why they would side with the X-Men over the Avengers when the Avengers are the biggest allies Wanda has and the X-Men literally live in a place where people were celebrating her death. Billy and Tommy should obviously be with whoever has Wanda's best interests in mind. Like... that shouldn't even be a question.

I mean... the reasons for Billy not wanting to side with the X-Men should be the same reasons for Tommy not wanting to side with them, otherwise you end up with Tommy deciding to flip on his teammates and closest thing he has to a family for a bunch of strangers (well, except for David), and I don't like that. Tommy is a little ****, but he is loyal. When the Young Avengers disbanded, he was the one who wanted to keep the group together. I don't know if David would be enough for him to turn his back on that, tbh.

And while Stark isn't the greatest guy, I think any animosity between the Avengers and Young Avengers ended at the end of Children's Crusade, when Captain America made them official Avengers. I think they sort of made up at that moment, and they've had a good relationship ever since. Billy technically IS still fucking with the Avengers, 'cause in Empyre he was listed as one of them in one of the recap pages.

Ultimate Member

I don't think so. Jordan D. White said just a while back that they're not X-Men characters and therefore the X-office doesn't have much control over them. I think that's still true. This cover is just a poor attempt to put Billy and Tommy with the House Of Magnus side... but like I said, it just doesn't work when you think about the characters and their dynamics. I see no reason why they would side with the X-Men over the Avengers when the Avengers are the biggest allies Wanda has and the X-Men literally live in a place where people were celebrating her death. Billy and Tommy should obviously be with whoever has Wanda's best interests in mind. Like... that shouldn't even be a question.
    You're right. It shouldn't be a question. Yet, it seems some will still ask.

I mean... the reasons for Billy not wanting to side with the X-Men should be the same reasons for Tommy not wanting to side with them, otherwise you end up with Tommy deciding to flip on his teammates and closest thing he has to a family for a bunch of strangers (well, except for David), and I don't like that. Tommy is a little ****, but he is loyal. When the Young Avengers disbanded, he was the one who wanted to keep the group together. I don't know if David would be enough for him to turn his back on that, tbh.

And while Stark isn't the greatest guy, I think any animosity between the Avengers and Young Avengers ended at the end of Children's Crusade, when Captain America made them official Avengers. I think they sort of made up at that moment, and they've had a good relationship ever since. Billy technically IS still fucking with the Avengers, 'cause in Empyre he was listed as one of them in one of the recap pages.
    Eh, not to sidetrack the discussion but the whole 'registration is evil' thing to me seems more like another way to divide heroes so it's hard for me to factor that into Tony Stark's characterization. The whole conflict was just a way to avoid criticizing vigilantism by villainizing the pro-registration side. Tony Stark is shady but for other reasons, and I don't recall him wanting to target Wanda, at least not near as much as a lot of X-Men do.

Also, Billy's an actual minority so Idk how much he'll care for the whole 'fictional prejudice' angle of X-comics

Out of character or not the Young Avengers suffered alot during civil war Billy was a whole minority & got imprisoned for at least some weeks to a month, with some collar sh*t that wouldn't even allow him to speak, him & Teddy almost got dissected due to some insane person Stark was endorsing at the time, the fact they felt the need to Kiki about Civil War during their wedding will always rub me the wrong way.

So yeah while unfortunately tends to get lofted with Avengers he really shouldn't f*ck with them like that IMO, nor the X-Men, Tommy while yes shouldn't either loves David so it doesn't surprise me.

Ultimate Member

Out of character or not the Young Avengers suffered alot during civil war Billy was a whole minority & got imprisoned for at least some weeks to a month, with some collar sh*t that wouldn't even allow him to speak, him & Teddy almost got dissected due to some insane person Stark was endorsing at the time, the fact they felt the need to Kiki about Civil War during their wedding will always rub me the wrong way.

So yeah while unfortunately tends to get lofted with Avengers he really shouldn't f*ck with them like that IMO, nor the X-Men, Tommy while yes shouldn't either loves David so it doesn't surprise me.
    I guess it's hard for me to buy into the 'superheroes do whatever they want' side of the conflict. And then act like superheroes are oppressed because they have to follow rules like the rest of us

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Seems like Marvel's fully embracing the BL/Webtoon angle for this comic based on the new trailer.

https://www.marvel.com/watch/trailer...comics-trailer

I know some might object, but I for one, with the context of this being a fun mini story, kinda dig it lol.

I mean... does he? I feel like we don't even know enough about Thinkfast to know how deep that relationship goes. They haven't even labelled themselves as boyfriends or anything so far. I feel like we need more content before I can buy Tommy would put David before his friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Seems like Marvel's fully embracing the BL/Webtoon angle for this comic based on the new trailer.

https://www.marvel.com/watch/trailer...comics-trailer

I know some might object, but I for one, with the context of this being a fun mini story, kinda dig it lol.
    LOL at this trailer. Like I said, it really feels like a BL fairytale manga thing. I don't mind it existing either, I just hope it isn't the ONLY thing they get. I want them to be able to get a more traditional Marvel book too. I really want something like Empyre again.

BTW, I love Billy's Wanda-like headpiece. Wouldn't mind if he got one permanently, although I hope they change it a bit so it won't look too much like Wanda's.

Incredible Member

Aren't Wasp and Vision family too?

Yeah. Vision was Wanda's ex-husband, and Wasp is his grandmother if you consider that Ultron, who created Vision, is Hank Pym's son, and Janet of course was Hank's wife. This also makes the other Wasp (Nadia) an aunt to Vision.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman