Page 123 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2114
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Trial of Magneto had both the Minimoffs & David appear today, Billy found out about Wanda seemingly off panel it was annoyingly anticlimactic, Tommy is a total mama's boy good for him. & the twins seemingly took they mama & dipped as if they had a plan will see I guess.
    Ah, off panel, the way comics should work/s

I wonder, do you think Billy's and Tommy's relationships with Wanda have been built up enough for an event like this?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post

I wonder, do you think Billy's and Tommy's relationships with Wanda have been built up enough for an event like this?
    Nope not at all.

Trial of Magneto had both the Minimoffs & David appear today, Billy found out about Wanda seemingly off panel it was annoyingly anticlimactic, Tommy is a total mama's boy good for him. & the twins seemingly took they mama & dipped as if they had a plan will see I guess.
    Something feels incredibly off...

Billy finding out off panel and not nuking the mutant cult? Tommy suddenly back in costume and acting entirely different from his last appearance in the series? Weren't he and Kyle getting attacked by plants after finding Wanda's body missing? What the hell happened of that? And now they're sneaking Wanda away? Something underhanded is definitely up...

Ultimate Member

Nope not at all.
    That's unfortunate. There should've been more investment in her relationship with them up to this point.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I think everyone knows the answer to that is no, which is why it's hard for me to care about this book at all. It's all hype and no substance. Hoping Billy and Tommy will get to appear in a decent book next year.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think everyone knows the answer to that is no, which is why it's hard for me to care about this book at all. It's all hype and no substance. Hoping Billy and Tommy will get to appear in a decent book next year.
    Maybe they will. Idk how popular this current storyline is across demographics, but if it is successful, maybe it'll boost them.

But maybe Marvel might also realize not actually investing in these relationships isn't a good foundation for a big event.

So... with the whole Ms. Marvel change of powers thing... is anyone else a bit curious/nervous about how they're gonna handle Teddy's shapeshifting? I don't think they're getting rid of his basic Skrull powerset because the Skrulls are already in the MCU, so they already have that groundwork established, something that Kamala didn't have. But the Skrulls, so far, only change their appearence to look like other people, and Teddy is a bit more creative with his powers, creating wings, claws, etc. So I wonder if they're gonna go all in on that or just have him be another generic shapeshifter who just chooses to look like a younger Hulk.

And I get that this is not a big deal for Teddy as much as it is for Kamala because her stretchy powers were a lot more defining for her in the comics, but still, I think it would've been fun to see him doing some whacky stuff in the MCU like this:

I don't know. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here and the whole thing with Kamala is the exception and not the rule. We'll see.

Maybe they will. Idk how popular this current storyline is across demographics, but if it is successful, maybe it'll boost them.

But maybe Marvel might also realize not actually investing in these relationships isn't a good foundation for a big event.
    WandaVision was successful and it didn't lead to a single book about Vision and Wanda's relationship with Billy and Tommy being properly developed. At this point I've accepted they just don't care. I just want a new Young Avengers book where Billy and specially Tommy can have stories that are actually about them. It doesn't even have to involve Wanda.

Ultimate Member

So... with the whole Ms. Marvel change of powers thing... is anyone else a bit curious/nervous about how they're gonna handle Teddy's shapeshifting? I don't think they're getting rid of his basic Skrull powerset because the Skrulls are already in the MCU, so they already have that groundwork established, something that Kamala didn't have. But the Skrulls, so far, only change their appearence to look like other people, and Teddy is a bit more creative with his powers, creating wings, claws, etc. So I wonder if they're gonna go all in on that or just have him be another generic shapeshifter who just chooses to look like a younger Hulk.

And I get that this is not a big deal for Teddy as much as it is for Kamala because her stretchy powers were a lot more defining for her in the comics, but still, I think it would've been fun to see him doing some whacky stuff in the MCU like this:

I don't know. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here and the whole thing with Kamala is the exception and not the rule. We'll see.
    Replacing shapeshifting with energy powers doesn't sound ideal to me. I hope they keep Hulkling's abilities intact.

WandaVision was successful and it didn't lead to a single book about Vision and Wanda's relationship with Billy and Tommy being properly developed. At this point I've accepted they just don't care. I just want a new Young Avengers book where Billy and specially Tommy can have stories that are actually about them. It doesn't even have to involve Wanda.
    The synergy is weird because Vision and any of the Maximoffs didn't benefit from the MCU using them yet Ant-Man & Wasp were barely used in comics because the MCU didn't really use them. I don't get it.

I think Teddy's powers will make more sense when they start introducing Super Skrulls (I assume).

You know, with Teddy being half-Kree, I can see them combining Skrull shapeshifting with Carol's powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You know, with Teddy being half-Kree, I can see them combining Skrull shapeshifting with Carol's powers.
    But MCU Carol's powers come from an infinity stone do they not? It's not normal Kree power if I recall, Teddy to my knowledge doesn't really have any Kree related powers does he? Maybe his dad's strength? But that's all I can think of.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Teddy's powers will make more sense when they start introducing Super Skrulls (I assume).
    I don't think they need the super skrulls to explain that. Hulkling's powers aren't related to theirs IIRC

I don't think they need the super skrulls to explain that. Hulkling's powers aren't related to theirs IIRC
    I think they show how malleable and strong Skrulls can be.

But MCU Carol's powers come from an infinity stone do they not? It's not normal Kree power if I recall, Teddy to my knowledge doesn't really have any Kree related powers does he? Maybe his dad's strength? But that's all I can think of.
    Her powers can't be dependant on the Infinity Stone even if that was used to activate her powers. Otherwise she would've been depowered in Avengers Endgame, when the Stones were destroyed. Her situation isn't the same as Vision - who was absent from that film because Thanos took the Stone that powered him in Infinity War.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I would actually be ok with MCU Teddy having energy-based powers in addition to his Skrull abilities, because this is something I think he should've had in the comics too. Both his siblings inherited energy-based powers, so I don't see why Teddy couldn't have that. Between that, Excelsior and the Nega Ring he has now, he has plenty of reason to have an energy-based powerset in the comics, and it bums me out they don't explore that. So I'd be fine with the MCU going in that direction. He really needs something from his Kree side that makes him stand out, since most writers make him rely mostly on his Skrull abilities.

Yeah, Teddy's Kree heritage in canon so far is his enhanced physical aptitude. And yeah, the Kree usually don't have the energy-based powers as their natural powerset, however, Mar-Vell went through several cosmic enhancements throughout his life that could've led his offspring to have that kind of power, so... Depending on who they decide to make his parents in the MCU, it's not an impossibility.