Page 128 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2114
    Ultimate Member

I know people say Ultron is Hank's son, but because they share brainwaves, aren't they more like brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I know people say Ultron is Hank's son, but because they share brainwaves, aren't they more like brothers?
    It's more because Hank physically created Ultron.

Truly though, covers can be misleading. This image may just be your standard "us vs. them" nonsense to lure in readers with the promise of ...well... VERSUS!

With that being said, IF there were a divide that mirrors the characters featured on this cover, one can reasonably rationalize a line-in-the-sand reason that necessitates this side-choosing.

Explaining from the foreground first, Wolverine [eye roll] vs. Captain America -- obvious: Its an "insider" vs "outsider" thing. Easily the least interesting, in my humble opinion. Honestly, should have been Pietro instead of Logan, but the clawed hand is a distinct visual, as is Cap's shield, so I get why the artist chose what he chose.
    Next we have Polaris vs. Wasp. Wanda's Sister vs. Wanda's well.....kind of sister, really. Wasp and Wanda have a much longer history together that I imagine is very sister-like? This "VS" feels appropriate, and despite the aforementioned history imbalance, I'm team Lorna. Sorry fam.
    Then we have Wanda separating two of the most significant men in her life -- the man who groomed her and the man she chose as her groom. heh. Thematically, these two gents coming to blows over the fate of Miss Maximoff makes the MOST sense.

And lastly, our beloved twins.
    First and foremost, these two are going to be acting on Wanda's behalf. They're going to defend Wanda from whichever group or individual feels like a threat. With that said, threat is a strong word with a lot of weight and room for interpretation to it. I don't mean to imply that the Avengers as a group, or even individual members of said group mean to harm Wanda. What we currently know about is that somehow, some way Wanda died during the Hellfire Gala and somehow, some way she appears to be alive again -- albeit different (as was identified by Billy) There are a LOT of variables and unanswered mysteries to consider ( Why was she at the Hellfire Gala? Why did Magneto confess? What is the Chao Magic of it all? IS this Wanda? Did The Five resurrect Wanda using an outdated Cerebro back up against instruction?)
    Tommy is being written particularly emotional, which is intriguing.
    Tommy also has an established and significant relationship with a key figure conducting the investigation about his mother's death: David.
    Tommy trusts David.
    Although I'm not thrilled with the briefness of (and in the case of Billy, sudden) appearance, I did appreciate how the brothers stuck together.
    Lastly I wonder how much of the drama that's happened so far, Tommy has witnessed or is aware of. Did Tommy see the Avengers attack Magneto? Did Tommy see Magneto threaten Kyle Jinadu? Did Tommy see Northstar lay the smack down on Magneto? Or Pietro? Does Tommy know all of this is going on? Because I feel that's an important distinction to be pointed out regarding the actions of Krakoa's inhabitants. There is conflict. The X-Factor team just wants to solve this case. But there's been a lot of interference -- and in the most recent issue it seems some of which is caused by Wanda herself(??)

Oooky Spooky!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Aren't Wasp and Vision family too?
    Well, yeah, but Vision and Wasp were never a part of the ''Magnus Family'' stuff. That concept only ever really considered the Magneto side of the family, which is why I'm assuming the cover looks like this. Remember: we had already gotten a cover with Billy and Tommy posing alongisde Wanda, Pietro, Lorna and Erik. They obviously want to promo them as a family (even if the actual content isn't really bothering to show that at all).

If sharing brainwaves made two people siblings, then we'd end up with some awkward sibling relationships like Jonas' Vision and Nate Richards being brothers, or Virginia Vision and Wanda being sisters. So brainwave sharing doesn't automatically equal a sibling relationship in the Marvel Universe because that is a common trope in comics, and if you were to acknowledge all of those connections as siblinghood... things would be a tad problematic.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's more because Hank physically created Ultron.
    That's correct but Ultron always seems like he's trying to replace Hank rather than live up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, yeah, but Vision and Wasp were never a part of the ''Magnus Family'' stuff. That concept only ever really considered the Magneto side of the family, which is why I'm assuming the cover looks like this. Remember: we had already gotten a cover with Billy and Tommy posing alongisde Wanda, Pietro, Lorna and Erik. They obviously want to promo them as a family (even if the actual content isn't really bothering to show that at all).
    Maybe it's just an ad gimmick to boost sales in the end.

If sharing brainwaves made two people siblings, then we'd end up with some awkward sibling relationships like Jonas' Vision and Nate Richards being brothers, or Virginia Vision and Wanda being sisters. So brainwave sharing doesn't automatically equal a sibling relationship in the Marvel Universe because that is a common trope in comics, and if you were to acknowledge all of those connections as siblinghood... things would be a tad problematic.
    I see what you mean but is it more problematic than a parent/child relationship?

That's correct but Ultron always seems like he's trying to replace Hank rather than live up to him.
    It's the Oedipus Complex.

It is very complicated. Even Viv Vision CRASHED while trying to explain it in an issue of Unstoppable Wasp.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

2 days and no comments about the Marvel Unlimited BillyTeddy comic issue 2? Although predictable, it is good to just see them finding each other through anything. It reminds me of this fanart. FB9CB7B3-8E5B-4CE3-9AC5-55D677AB2AC5.jpg.

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    2 days and no comments about the Marvel Unlimited BillyTeddy comic issue 2? Although predictable, it is good to just see them finding each other through anything. It reminds me of this fanart. FB9CB7B3-8E5B-4CE3-9AC5-55D677AB2AC5.jpg.
    Oh I'm enjoying it thoroughly but I been talking about it on Twitter lmao

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Issue 2 was cute. Didn't have that much development, but I enjoyed seeing more of the background of their new relationships.

I gotta say... I LOVE their new designs. I know it probably won't stick since it's supposed to be some kind of altered reality, but I wouldn't mind if they looked similar when things inevitably go back to normal.

And I feel bad for Goebig (that name LOL) and Eidolon. They look nice and all, but we all know their whole role in this book is to fail so Billy and Teddy can get back to each other. Maybe Marvel can find a way to introduce them as a couple in the regular universe, though? They are interesting characters that I would like to see more of in a different context.

Issue 2 was cute. Didn't have that much development, but I enjoyed seeing more of the background of their new relationships.

I gotta say... I LOVE their new designs. I know it probably won't stick since it's supposed to be some kind of altered reality, but I wouldn't mind if they looked similar when things inevitably go back to normal.

And I feel bad for Goebig (that name LOL) and Eidolon. They look nice and all, but we all know their whole role in this book is to fail so Billy and Teddy can get back to each other. Maybe Marvel can find a way to introduce them as a couple in the regular universe, though? They are interesting characters that I would like to see more of in a different context.
    Agatha is sick for this Teddy gets this hot huge space BF meanwhile Billy is stuck with some Ghost he can't even touch! SHE'S SICK!!! Lmao seriously though I would have preferred to see how they actually "met" their new love interest cause I have many questions like WTF was Billy doing in the underworld, & I also love their ddesigns especially Teddy's more than I thought I would.

Definitely echoing that I love the new looks and certainly wouldn't mind if they kept them after the return to "reality." For plot, however, I get the distinct impression that Wiccan is the one that Agatha is truly after. If it wasn't already obvious with her targeting him in the first comic, the fact that she has him freeing his "lover" but can't quite recall the specifics of how they met, smacks of her using his power to unleash something for her own ends that Billy has the power to open/unlock/release. Very much liking the story and can't wait for next week.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Regarding the ages for the characters for YA:

Kate is probably going to be the oldest along with Eli, so 19 to 17. Because Hailee Steinfeld is 24 and Elijah Richardson who plays Eli is 19 or 20, so they're going to be the oldest in the group I think given what we've seen of them. So Seniors in High school, or freshmen in College at this point in time.

Kathryn Newton who is playing Cassie Lang going forward, is 25 so she's going to be the same age as Kate and Eli or around that area. I'd say 16 to 18.

Xochitl Gomez (America) as noted is 14 (now 15), and Iman Vellani (Kamala) is 19 in reality, so She and America are going to be around the same age range. of 15 to 16 years old.

We are going to have the twins so I assume 15 or a bit older in age, putting Teddy to be there in age.

RiRi's actress, and I'm assuming she's going to be replacing Vision in all of this, Dominique Thorne is 23, so 16 to 18.

So we have so far: Kate, Eli, Billy, Tommy, Cassie, America, Kamala, RiRi, Teddy.

That's nine, they would need to bring in a number ten, and I'm guessing either Kid Loki, Franklin Richards (if we get him in and he's not a baby), or maybe Miles or Robbie Reyas to round out the cast.

I don't see them making them too old and honestly I can easily see them doing the pairings of

Kate and Eli, Billy and Teddy, and then it's up in the air depending on what they want to do with the others. But those sets for sure since they're the most well known.

Nine's plenty, and that roster would be a 5-4 gender split, so it isn't misbalanced. Remember, the first Avengers film only had a team of six.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

While I'm anticipating younger casting, just saw Locke & Key season 2, and still wanting Connor Jessup as Hulkling. (No ideas for Billy, other than not-Tim-Chalamet.)