Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122 LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1818
  1. #1786
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27,648

    Default

    Maybe they'd call the team West Coast Avengers instead? Wouldn't matter if some of the members were adults then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  2. #1787
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    The Hawkeye trailer dropped!

    I like that we have confirmation that Kate DOES have some experience when Clint meets her for the first time. Even brags about being ''world's greatest archer'' and all. I like that. And her being confirmed as Ronin in the first trailer is not something I was expecting them to reveal this early on... and I think that raises a lot of questions. When they said she is a Clint fan, is that because of Hawkeye or Ronin? And if it's because of Ronin... I have to wonder how they're gonna portray that, considering his murderous tendencies. I really hope they don't depict Kate as somehow glorifying the things he did as Ronin, because that would not be a very good look on her. If it's more along the lines of her trying to take the Ronin identity and turn into something more ethical and heroic, I think it would work better. We know she will very likely end the show as Hawkeye, so hopefully her coming to the realization that the Hawkeye identity is more dignified than Ronin will be a part of her journey.

    But other than that, I have no complaints. Hailee is selling me on her Kate so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Renner did tell us exactly that a while back. Guess he wasn't wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Such a weird choice I mean even Eli is like 16 I feel they bit themselves in the foots making her older than all the other YA, like I doubt the Minimoffs will jump to 20 upon their return, making her 22 automatically eliminates 2 of her canon romantic interest. Just so weird too me I wonder if she'll be associated with YA at all.
    We don't know MCU Eli's age. It was never established in TFATWS. The actor is over 18, so the character could also not be a minor if they're making his age closer to the actor's like they did with Hailee. And then there's the mystery of how old Cassie will be next time we see her, since they just recast her with an actress around the same age as Hailee too. It's possible the Young Avengers (with some exceptions like America) will be young adults in the MCU. Billy's and Tommy's ''final'' ages depend entirely on who they cast as Teddy, IMO. And the alleged casting call we had for Hulkling last year had the age range of 15-23. Assuming that was (and still is) correct, my guess is that all three of them will be somewhere between that.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-14-2021 at 05:20 AM.

  3. #1788
    Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I like that we have confirmation that Kate DOES have some experience when Clint meets her for the first time. Even brags about being ''world's greatest archer'' and all. I like that. And her being confirmed as Ronin in the first trailer is not something I was expecting them to reveal this early on... and I think that raises a lot of questions. When they said she is a Clint fan, is that because of Hawkeye or Ronin? And if it's because of Ronin... I have to wonder how they're gonna portray that, considering his murderous tendencies. I really hope they don't depict Kate as somehow glorifying the things he did as Ronin, because that would not be a very good look on her. If it's more along the lines of her trying to take the Ronin identity and turn into something more ethical and heroic, I think it would work better. We know she will very likely end the show as Hawkeye, so hopefully her coming to the realization that the Hawkeye identity is more dignified than Ronin will be a part of her journey.

    But other than that, I have no complaints. Hailee is selling me on her Kate so far.



    Well, Renner did tell us exactly that a while back. Guess he wasn't wrong.



    We don't know MCU Eli's age. It was never established in TFATWS. The actor is over 18, so the character could also not be a minor if they're making his age closer to the actor's like they did with Hailee. And then there's the mystery of how old Cassie will be next time we see her, since they just recast her with an actress around the same age as Hailee too. It's possible the Young Avengers (with some exceptions like America) will be young adults in the MCU. Billy's and Tommy's ''final'' ages depend entirely on who they cast as Teddy, IMO. And the alleged casting call we had for Hulkling last year had the age range of 15-23. Assuming that was (and still is) correct, my guess is that all three of them will be somewhere between that.
    He was killing bad men.

    "But superheres don't kill".

    Clint has never strictly adhered to that rule in the comics. And even in the MCU, it's canon that Captain America kills.

    Edit: Sorry if this feels like it was written antagonistic, lol. Hard to convey tone in written word, lol.

  4. #1789
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    72,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I like that we have confirmation that Kate DOES have some experience when Clint meets her for the first time. Even brags about being ''world's greatest archer'' and all. I like that.
    Hopefully that's as close they get to her claiming to be the "best Hawkeye."

    I do wonder if there's an explanation for her inexplicable archery skills other than a natural aptitude.

    And her being confirmed as Ronin in the first trailer is not something I was expecting them to reveal this early on... and I think that raises a lot of questions. When they said she is a Clint fan, is that because of Hawkeye or Ronin? And if it's because of Ronin... I have to wonder how they're gonna portray that, considering his murderous tendencies. I really hope they don't depict Kate as somehow glorifying the things he did as Ronin, because that would not be a very good look on her. If it's more along the lines of her trying to take the Ronin identity and turn into something more ethical and heroic, I think it would work better. We know she will very likely end the show as Hawkeye, so hopefully her coming to the realization that the Hawkeye identity is more dignified than Ronin will be a part of her journey.
    I think there's more than one Ronin and Kate just happens to cosplay with the costume. I don't think she'd even know that Ronin was Clint.

  5. #1790
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully that's as close they get to her claiming to be the "best Hawkeye."

    I do wonder if there's an explanation for her inexplicable archery skills other than a natural aptitude.


    I think there's more than one Ronin and Kate just happens to cosplay with the costume. I don't think she'd even know that Ronin was Clint.
    Is there an explanation for Clint's? Or do you only need that for female characters

  6. #1791
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27,648

    Default

    In the comics, he learned his archery skills at a circus.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  7. #1792
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully that's as close they get to her claiming to be the "best Hawkeye."

    I do wonder if there's an explanation for her inexplicable archery skills other than a natural aptitude.


    I think there's more than one Ronin and Kate just happens to cosplay with the costume. I don't think she'd even know that Ronin was Clint.
    Is there any reason for Clint to somehow be able to do what he does in the MCU?

  8. #1793
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    72,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Is there an explanation for Clint's? Or do you only need that for female characters
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    In the comics, he learned his archery skills at a circus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Is there any reason for Clint to somehow be able to do what he does in the MCU?
    I'm assuming they'll go into this training since Swordsman is in it.

  9. #1794
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post
    He was killing bad men.

    "But superheres don't kill".

    Clint has never strictly adhered to that rule in the comics. And even in the MCU, it's canon that Captain America kills.

    Edit: Sorry if this feels like it was written antagonistic, lol. Hard to convey tone in written word, lol.
    I mean... it is a rule that Kate adheres to, though. The first thing she did when she met Tommy in Young Avengers was stop him from killing someone and literally say ''Young Avengers don't kill''. And I recall her specifically criticizing the Punisher's methods in Young Avengers: Dark Reign too. But even comics aside, there is a big difference between how some of the heroes killed vs how Clint was portrayed in Endgame. He didn't kill out of necessity during a heroic battle; he was going out of his way to promote a murder spree as his form of justice. I don't see how that's a good example for a young superhero like Kate who's just about to make her debut in the MCU. Introducing her as a serial killer fangirl isn't exactly the best way to start.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully that's as close they get to her claiming to be the "best Hawkeye."

    I do wonder if there's an explanation for her inexplicable archery skills other than a natural aptitude.
    While they're probably ignoring the sexual assault origin, it's not that hard to just say she was previously trained like in the comics. I mean... we meet Shang-Chi for the first time and he's already supposed to be one hell of a fighter from the get go. And while I don't expect Kate to have had Shang-Chi levels of training, she was always sort of a prodigy in the comics anyway, between her archery, martial arts and swords skills.

    I think there's more than one Ronin and Kate just happens to cosplay with the costume. I don't think she'd even know that Ronin was Clint.
    I also got the impression that there might be more than one Ronin. Clint asks her at one point ''are you one of those people?'', implying Roning might've become a gang of vigilantes of some kind (or the line is totally unrelated and they are misleading us). But even then, that doesn't really explain why she wants to ''cosplay'' as Ronin specifically. The synopsis says she dreams of being a hero, so I have to wonder what exactly will be the Ronin appeal to her, 'cause the trailer makes it seem like people knew what he was doing.

  10. #1795
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    72,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    While they're probably ignoring the sexual assault origin, it's not that hard to just say she was previously trained like in the comics. I mean... we meet Shang-Chi for the first time and he's already supposed to be one hell of a fighter from the get go. And while I don't expect Kate to have had Shang-Chi levels of training, she was always sort of a prodigy in the comics anyway, between her archery, martial arts and swords skills.
    Considering Swordsman has been shown with her mother in set photos, maybe he trained her like he trained Clint and she had no idea they both shared a mentor.

  11. #1796
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering Swordsman has been shown with her mother in set photos, maybe he trained her like he trained Clint and she had no idea they both shared a mentor.
    I keep forgetting that Jacques and Eleanor are gonna be connected in some way. But now that you mention this; that's actually a pretty good idea. I would genuinely like Kate and Clint having this kind of coincidental connection.

  12. #1797
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    284

    Default

    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/16/de...solicitations/

    Welp, no GOTG in the December solicits, I guess rip queer space adventures, it was an amazing run T-T

    That being said, the Cap Marvel solicits states she's getting an assist from gotg vs Vox Supreme, so I'm assuming we'll get some good Vell family drama... hopefully.

  13. #1798
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    Nice to hear Susan Bishop is coming back in Kate's mini. I've always wanted to see more of her relationship with her sister.

    Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/16/de...solicitations/

    Welp, no GOTG in the December solicits, I guess rip queer space adventures, it was an amazing run T-T

    That being said, the Cap Marvel solicits states she's getting an assist from gotg vs Vox Supreme, so I'm assuming we'll get some good Vell family drama... hopefully.
    Yeah, things are not looking good for GOTG. And if they're getting a relaunch, I'm really not sure Billy and Teddy are making the cut unless Ewing is still writing. Let's hope they have a new ongoing book to appear next year.

    And that Captain Marvel cover got me HYPED. I honestly hope the GOTG mention means Teddy will be considered as part of the ''Marvels'' too. I know he only ever became Captain Marvel in an alternative universe, but this Phyla is also from an AU, so Vox obviously doesn't care about which universe they come from; any ''Marvel'' from the multiverse is a target to them. Plus, who even knows when we're gonna get the opportunity to see Teddy interacting with all three Vells like that again... so I really hope he plays a relevant role here.

    Also, conspiracy theory time: the book has two variants by Russell Dauterman, one marked as ''spoiler variant'' and one as ''spoiler design variant''. What if Teddy is FINALLY ditching the Hulkling look and going full Marvel in the 616 universe? God, I wish. I guess it could be just a new look for Carol since she's gotten so many on this run, but I don't think they ever marked any of her other designs as spoiler, so it sounds like a bigger deal.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-17-2021 at 12:42 AM.

  14. #1799
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    72,913

    Default

    Somebody finally remembers Kate's sister. Although I'm half-expecting her to either turn out to be the mastermind, a culprit, or complicit in some criminal enterprise at this point.

  15. #1800
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Somebody finally remembers Kate's sister. Although I'm half-expecting her to either turn out to be the mastermind, a culprit, or complicit in some criminal enterprise at this point.
    I feel the same. After Thompson's twist with her mother, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. Can Kate have one family member who's not shady, please?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •